Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm excited about the server merges. Server merges over new content? Yes, please. I'm on Jedi Covenent and while there's definitely a population there, what hurts are the queues for ranked pvp & gsf. I don't really ever have a problem with flashpoints.

The fact that their operation bosses take so long to release does seem weird, though.
    Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Subs & preferred get 7 days free game time.
    F2p & preferred get free unlocks.
    http://www.swtor.com/r/7fSgwH

Looking forward to the merges, hopefully it will drive the ridiculous prices on the GTN down. 50+ million credits for adaptive armor PIECES, let alone armor sets, is ridiculous.

I was thinking on returning and leveling a class all over again (love the campaign) but my end game consists only of doing random bgs, so, should i wait til mergers to see where all the pvpers will go?

Ill be playing east coast btw.

Meanwhile, the only thing I want to know before I even consider if I'm subbing or not, is: WHEN THE FUCK IS JAESSA COMING BACK!?!?!?!.

I have zero interest in the game so long as she's gone. Christ, they keep bringing back missing companions but she's still left behind. They're totally doing this on purpose. They KNOW she and Kira are quite easily two of the most popular characters, so they keep holding them back from people.

Ugh.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Meanwhile, the only thing I want to know before I even consider if I'm subbing or not, is: WHEN THE FUCK IS JAESSA COMING BACK!?!?!?!.

I have zero interest in the game so long as she's gone. Christ, they keep bringing back missing companions but she's still left behind. They're totally doing this on purpose. They KNOW she and Kira are quite easily two of the most popular characters, so they keep holding them back from people.

Ugh.
    You do realize that just because they aren't reintroduced via the story that you can still use them as companions right? After I think Chapter 9 you can get access to all of your old crew mates through a terminal.

Edit: Looked it up after I posted and it looks like this was never implemented, which is bullshit. My bad for spreading misinformation. You do get a TON of companions through the alerts, but Kira and Jaesa are not among them.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2017-10-06 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii
    Edit: Looked it up after I posted and it looks like this was never implemented, which is bullshit. My bad for spreading misinformation. You do get a TON of companions through the alerts, but Kira and Jaesa are not among them.
    Np, you are right. After Chapter 9 and you go through
    the cutscenes, there is a room just before Awyago's area that you go into. There is a terminal to the right of the room where you can summon all companions that are not in the KotFE and KotET stories. That is how I got my Jasea after getting my SW to 70 and Andrironos on my SI

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Np, you are right. After Chapter 9 and you go through
    the cutscenes, there is a room just before Awyago's area that you go into. There is a terminal to the right of the room where you can summon all companions that are not in the KotFE and KotET stories. That is how I got my Jasea after getting my SW to 70 and Andrironos on my SI
    This is true and the only reason I have not done this is because of a possible achievement.

Like Nico, if you get him early you do not get the achievement for getting him through the story.

I can't say I'm an achievement whore but on something that simple and with all companions being so generic, I didn't go back and get any companions from that terminal.

Nadia is another I feel similar about like Jaessa and the sage has had the least companions returned IIRC.

Bioware just isn't doing a good job getting back the companions that had better ties to the gamers. I know there all so generic now but some companions truely meant more than others not just to gamers but the story and characters.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-10-10 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    This is true and the only reason I have not done this is because of a possible achievement.

Like Nico, if you get him early you do not get the achievement for getting him through the story.

I can't say I'm an achievement whore but on something that simple and with all companions being so generic, I didn't go back and get any companions from that terminal.

Nadia is another I feel similar about like Jaessa and the sage has had the leave companions returned IIRC.

Bioware just isn't doing a good job getting back the companions that had better ties to the gamers. I know there all so generic now but some companions truely meant more than others not just to gamers but the story and characters.
    Absolutely. The love interests for each class should be coming back sooner rather than later. Honestly the coolest feeling for me, as far as companions go, playing through the expansion was on my Sith Warrior and finally reuniting with Vette and reigniting the romance.

Thus far, they've really dropped the ball on the companion reintroductions.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    SNIP....

Thus far, they've really dropped the ball on the companion reintroductions.
    Well it seems bioware has once again dropped the ball. Apparently bioware is filled with a bunch of klutzes.

There was a new legacy perk to come out in this patch that was a catch up mechanic for Alts.

This is what was said about it.
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    "The “Commanding Legacy” perk has been modified to allow a player to get a 25% CXP bonus for each character they have in their Legacy at Command Rank 300. This buff stacks up to 100%."

So anyone would think. If you had 4 characters in your legacy at 300. You would get a total of 100% bonus to CXP.

Come to find out now that they nerfed CXP rates, it ISN'T for each character as stated. It only applies to the original base classes and mirror classes do not count either.

So, a knight and a Warrior base class only counts once.
    A sage healer and a shadow DPS only counts once. Even though those classes play entirely different ways.

Terribly misleading statement from bioware and given the massive nerf to heroic CXP. It feels underhanded the way bioware stated it and then how they designed it.

Another disappointment from bioware.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-10-10 at 08:32 PM.

Well it seems bioware has once again dropped the ball. Apparently bioware is filled with a bunch of klutzes.

There was a new legacy perk to come out in this patch that was a catch up mechanic for Alts.

This is what was said about it.
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    "The “Commanding Legacy” perk has been modified to allow a player to get a 25% CXP bonus for each character they have in their Legacy at Command Rank 300. This buff stacks up to 100%."

So anyone would think. If you had 4 characters in your legacy at 300. You would get a total of 100% bonus to CXP.

Come to find out now that they nerfed CXP rates, it ISN'T for each character as stated. It only applies to the original base classes and mirror classes do not count either.

So, a knight and a Warrior base class only counts once.
    A sage healer and a shadow DPS only counts once. Even though those classes play entirely different ways.

Terribly misleading statement from bioware and given the massive nerf to heroic CXP. It feels underhanded the way bioware stated it and then how they designed it.

Another disappointment from bioware.
    CXP is an abomination of a system anyway, IMO and I hope that it dies in a fire soon. Can't stand the thought of having to grind CXP to increase my command rank to get RNG loot crates to gear out my character appropriately. So stupid.

CXP is an abomination of a system anyway, IMO and I hope that it dies in a fire soon. Can't stand the thought of having to grind CXP to increase my command rank to get RNG loot crates to gear out my character appropriately. So stupid.
    I'm desperately hoping the scrap it entirely or do a complete overhaul for the next expansion (which I think they've confirmed they're working on). If it remains in the game largely as-is, and especially if it continues to be locked behind a sub, there's no way in hell I'm coming back.

Keith, don't disappoint us!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm desperately hoping the scrap it entirely or do a complete overhaul for the next expansion (which I think they've confirmed they're working on). If it remains in the game largely as-is, and especially if it continues to be locked behind a sub, there's no way in hell I'm coming back.

I've luckily found a very entertaining and well run guild that makes things fun, and I'm enjoying running through the story again on my Sentinel. The game is still pretty amazing. I hit level 70 before I even started KotFE so I've been getting the loot crates as I'm playing through the story which is pretty cool, admittedly. However, as I said the prospect of having to go and find stuff to do once I'm done with the story to move the bar on the CXP so I can earn my gear is just not appealing...at all. I know they were trying to make it be all "hey, just play the game however you like and you'll earn rewards" but it ended up just coming across as a huge grind. The way tomestones work in FFXIV, and end game currency used to buy items you want, would be a much better way to go about earning rewards IMO. CXP just feels so intangible and weak as a reward.

SNIP...

Sadly, it's to late for keith after this fiasco.

bioware just said it was indeed intended to never be "each character" and oh well. Enjoy leveling GC.

It's a move that has done nothing but piss off many of the remaining swtor gamers.

Galactic command is bad enough and as long as thats in game it will be a huge turn off but when you are told one thing about CXP in a way to help get alts back into the game and then bioware goes directly against that it's more shitty management than I think swtor can continue to take.

bioware deserves every bit of the negativity they get. It's been mismanagement at nearly every turn for the past couple of years now.

Sadly, it's to late for keith after this fiasco.

bioware just said it was indeed intended to never be "each character" and oh well. Enjoy leveling GC.

It's a move that has done nothing but piss off many of the remaining swtor gamers.

Galactic command is bad enough and as long as thats in game it will be a huge turn off but when you are told one thing about CXP in a way to help get alts back into the game and then bioware goes directly against that it's more shitty management than I think swtor can continue to take.

bioware deserves every bit of the negativity they get. It's been mismanagement at nearly every turn for the past couple of years now.
    Yeah, how that oversight made it through I don't know. Haven't been able to find confirmation on the CXP nerf you mentioned though, only the incorrect reference to the max level bonus.

And I mean that's kinda bad and all, but saying "this fiasco"? It's hardly a fiasco in the slightest, it's simply an embarrassment and a mistake.

I'm still optimistic that Keith will make his presence more known on the design front with the next expansion, I've largely expected things to be "seen through" despite him coming on board simply because he came in too late to impact their development planning for 2017. I still like how much more communicative and transparent the team, specifically Keith, has been with players. I continue to like that they'll do things like leave the bugged daily quest CXP rewards in for a while despite acknowledging that it's a bug simply because "it's fun", that would have never happened before Keith. We would have had radio silence, a knee-jerk change that wasn't thought out that almost everyone hates, an apology after fans riot, and then a half-decent fix that still leaves a lot of unhappy folks (kinda like the companion 4.0 debacle!).

I try to remain optimistic about games whenever possible, and while SWTOR's in a rough spot right now I'm not entirely off the Keith train. If he can deliver with the next expansion, I'll be pleased as punch and I'll likely be back. If he doesn't, I'll continue to keep an eye on SWTOR and dip in every once in a while, but I'll have last what was really my only remaining hope for the game having a chance of turning around.

I mean hell, the fact that we're getting a new GSF map after years of the mode being completely abandoned is pretty big. I'm probably going to give it another spin when that update goes live in 5.6.

SNIP...
    I still like how much more communicative and transparent the team, specifically Keith, has been with players.
    I was behind that till the communication kept turning out to have problems. They would say one thing and then another would happen or like this instance, a "but" is there but somehow they fail to communicate that.

Last patch it was umbara. A lot of talk about it and how to get the SH train. A lot of posts about it and how many runs it would take per difficulty level. Turned out, they made sure to put a cap on it so you couldn't actually get it till a week later. All that communication and they failed to mention that.

Similar with iokath. New dailies area. Explained it post after post. Bioware giving out all kinds of neat ideas. Great communicaiton we thought. Turned out you had to grind shards to buy dailies so you could grind shards to buy more dailies. I doubt that was just an oversight in not telling gamers they had to bu daily quests that in most cases resulted in a negative gain in credits.

Now we have the current problem. "each character" you have at 300 applies. That gets changed after the patch to only base classes apply and after the massive CXP reduction making it very hard again for characters to level CXP now vs what it was even with this buff being just a partial boost.

***** That being CXP was 75 for heroics. It got bugged to 1150 for each heroic and bioware left it in. Said enjoy it. They reduced it back to 75 today while also making the surprised character change.

I definitely consider this a fiasco in communication and not just once.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-10-11 at 01:20 PM.

Shit my top CXP toon is like lvl60 lol. i cant get into the CXP grind.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Shit my top CXP toon is like lvl60 lol. i cant get into the CXP grind.
    It's been said for years, but SW:ToR just doesn't do end game well. The leveling and story experience are quite enjoyable, and IMO the best leveling and story experience out there because it's easy, accessible, fun and really makes you WANT to keep going and push through (as long as you're playing a class that you enjoy playing either from a game play or story standpoint).

If SW:ToR ever gets their shit together for their end game scene as well as WoW or FFXIV (two I particularly enjoy, not saying they're the only two viable options to emulate) I'm not sure I'd ever play anything else.

It's been said for years, but SW:ToR just doesn't do end game well. The leveling and story experience are quite enjoyable, and IMO the best leveling and story experience out there because it's easy, accessible, fun and really makes you WANT to keep going and push through (as long as you're playing a class that you enjoy playing either from a game play or story standpoint).

If SW:ToR ever gets their shit together for their end game scene as well as WoW or FFXIV (two I particularly enjoy, not saying they're the only two viable options to emulate) I'm not sure I'd ever play anything else.
    I loved raiding EV, KP, and the 3rd raid of the vanilla game (forget the name of the third). Most of the guild quit after and i went back to wow. Came back for SnV and Dread palace/fortress and loved those raids as well. SWTOR had very good end game raiding. No idea how they thought everyone would love them not making new end game raiding with the last update/xpack.

Good to see them going back in the direction of MMO-end game stuff. WIth the long as lull we probably will have between Argus and the new xpack in wow i may have time to come back and do more in swtor.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I loved raiding EV, KP, and the 3rd raid of the vanilla game (forget the name of the third). Most of the guild quit after and i went back to wow. Came back for SnV and Dread palace/fortress and loved those raids as well. SWTOR had very good end game raiding. No idea how they thought everyone would love them not making new end game raiding with the last update/xpack.

Good to see them going back in the direction of MMO-end game stuff. WIth the long as lull we probably will have between Argus and the new xpack in wow i may have time to come back and do more in swtor.
    They had good raids, that's not the same thing as having a good end game since the only thing you could do for PvE was the raids and run out dated daily areas which only took maybe 20-30 minutes to do. I just meant to say that their end game was incredibly shallow, especially when compared to the end game scene of the other major contenders on the MMO market, such as WoW and FFXIV for example, but as I said they're not the only ones, just the big 2 I'm most familiar with and enjoy.