Smile Question about Elite PvP gear and Mythic Raid gear - What's your opinion?

Hey, there was a similar thread like this one on the General Discussion but it kind of turned out to be the usual "hardcore" vs "casual" player thing these types os threads usually turn out to be so I thought about it and it made me want to try asking it here (because it obviously has something to do with PvP) to see if we can have a polite discussion here with other eyes.

What are your opinions on why Blizzard removes old Elite gear from the game as soon as a season ends but you can always come back later and farm old Mythic raids for the transmog?

My personal opinion: There should be a way for people to farm a currency to buy old Elite PvP gear. Even locking it behind a pvp rating (smaller than the usual rating required for the season you're in) is fine so it can be compared to the level of difficulty a raid has when you try to solo it for the transmog (as an example). I could say the same thing for the mounts but that's not the focus here.

Why that?

The only thing that you can use to tell apart 2 guys with a complete Mythic raid gear set transmogged is by checking on their armory the date of when they got the achievements for the mythic kills for said raid and comparing them with the date the raid was current content. You don't need Cutting Edge or Ahead of the Curve to be "eligible" to transmog said gear, to use the mount that eventualy dropped or the Title you obtain when killing the last boss of the instance. So why have this differential treatment when it comes to PvP?

Mythic Gear models should fade along with Elite Gear sets imo, much like Challenge Mode gear was exclusive to it's time. At a glance people should know what kind of player you were, a high end raider, or someone who could wreck you 1v1 easy. Thing is with Transmog and so many sets most players don't even know what's Elite, or exclusive these days. Gone are the days of knowing exactly what tier someone was on.

The difference is though, Mythic Gear incentivizes players to play farm content. Xmog runs do indeed keep people occupied. Where as a system to obtain old Elite Gear would just involve some sort of PvP grind, which most PvPers do anyway.

But yea if you can get Mythic, then you should be allowed to get Elite. Though both should be exclusive imo.

just make pvp stuff available an expansion later like the pve stuff. isn't title and mount epeen enough? :P

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    just make pvp stuff available an expansion later like the pve stuff. isn't title and mount epeen enough? :P
    This.

So annoying that pvp items get locked out, yet mythic is open game forever.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvP is harder, lolol internet draginz lulz; that's the typical response I see. Kicking myself hard for not getting first Legion season elite set on my priest... T-T

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    That's exactly what I think should be done with that system. Achievements and to a lesser extent titles (I know a couple of people who like to collect and build their toons around a title) are what should be used as mark of "prestige" when showing off you've done something when it was "hard" or "current". You can't argue with the fact that one of the biggest things that motivates players in WoW is gear collecting for transmogs. I've yet to find someone who just doesn't care at all about the looks of their toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm of the opinion the gear should be made available the next expansion. The mount and titles should stay closed once the season ends.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I know it sounds odd but I like it the way it is now (minus the RNG gear garbage of course // -> elite gear being unobtainable after season ends). At least mythic raiders get 100% chance on the mounts before the rest of us has to farm 1% drop rates over and over. Plus they get aotc I guess.

That said, I do look forward to get some of the legion mythic sets next expansion and I can totally understand if a mythic raider feels different about the whole thing.

As I said elsewhere I'd love to get primal elite gear for my warrior but I don't think I 'deserve' it since I didn't earn it in s16.