Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Not getting four seasons.

It really sucks living in Texas, where I don’t get to enjoy four distinct seasons like
    everyone else. Wish I could move up north. What are seasons like where you live?

I'm thinking about moving to a state where you get four distinct seasons. What are the best states to go?

In Wisconsin we have Construction and Winter. You aren't unique.

I loathe Autumn... those that say they love it are the ones that never clean up the leaves.

Seasons are hell, I'd rather have spring/summer all the time. Winter is a pain in the ass, it's too cold, I get nosebleeds from the air being so dry in the winter.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Uk we only get Spring, Autumn and Winter.

Everyone else? We have one season all year round, it's called rain.

Hey now! We (Texas) get at least 1 day of snow a year.

Michigan's seasons are Winter, still winter, spring and construction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panquake View Post
    In the Uk we only get Spring, Autumn and Winter.
    Winter in the UK?!

It's only spring and autumn there to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish we had winter weather with summer daytime length all year tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    It really sucks living in Texas, where I don’t get to enjoy four distinct seasons like
    everyone else. Wish I could move up north. What are seasons like where you live?

I'm thinking about moving to a state where you get four distinct seasons. What are the best states to go?
    I live in southern Ontario and I can tell you I'd rather have perma-summer or even just summer/autumn/spring. Winter is cool and all for the first few weeks, like yeah snows pretty and fun and all, but it gets annoying reallllllly fast. Shoveling for days on end is hell and stepping into a frigid car every morning is just as bad. December is okay, but one January and February hits I don't even want to go outside. I envy you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    In Wisconsin we have Construction and Winter. You aren't unique.
    depending where you live you get sweltering summer as well

Each have their charm, but summer wins by a landslide.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Im in Florida we have summer and not as hot summer here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post

Hands down if you have the options to choose, Montana. Beautiful state - all four seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I lived in Hawaii for 5 years and I didn’t mind not having four distinct seasons... but it’s Hawaii, so nobody cares about not having them, lol. I don’t think I’d like it as much in a place like Texas.
    I've heard it's a bit unsettling living in Hawaii if you weren't born there - because of the island-esque isolation. Beautiful, of course. Did you have any odd feelings similar to that while you were there?

We have winter, spring for a day, winter with snow, summer, winter... We maybe get a couple of weeks of nice fall weather before it just gets cold I mean, I could go back to AZ which is summer with a few months of nice weather lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    hail fellow Texans. i35 sucks. Right now i'm sick of summer. i want it to be in the 70's and 60's not in the 90's like it's been here in DFW. I'm personally not a fan of fall and spring. Mostly due to allegies. Going outside and tearing up isn't fun.
    Yeah, who doesn't like summer temps until november?

Although while I like snow, I don't like cold so the occasional super cold fronts in winter kill me in DFW. Then there's severe weather spring / fall...

10+ Year Old Account
    In Southern California we get warm-hot-fucking hot-hot-warm but then we get the kick as 70 degrees at Christmas.

I mean snow and ice is nice until it sucks donkey balls.

I'm from Texas, too. I know the pain of only two seasons, with a maybe 'super rainy spring' in between. Otherwise it's either... yellow winter or yellow summer. Dry hot or dry cold. We occasionally had warm winters, too. But January/Feb was usually cold as hell.

When my husband got orders to Whidbey Island, WA. The weather here comes in a few variations, but mostly wet :P Summer is dry as hell though, and mildly warm (mid 60s-low 80s). With a two week period in August where it gets obscenely hot (90s). I'm used to this type of weather because it's just Diet Texas, and everything is yellow. Then when September rolls around. Fall turns on, and now it's changing with the rain popping up in increasing quantities. I've never even seen a real autumn before. So the trees changing, and the colors... I'm really enjoying it.
    Last edited by Felicia; 2017-10-04 at 10:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Yeah, who doesn't like summer temps until november? .
    It's funny, because you have higher temperatures right now than we did at any point this (or last) year.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-10-04 at 10:46 PM.