Thread: Attack Torb :/

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    There's no point talking to you, you believe what you want to believe, you have your opinion i have mine i give you scenarios you just dismiss them so its pointless conversing with you any further.
    Because your scenarios require the Reaper to misplay horribly.

I'll fully admit I suck awfully as Reaper. I can kill tanks sure, but I'm not gonna be able to one shot that Tracer like I see Reapers do, or any character who's relatively thin.

Torb is not one of those characters. He's short and fat, and hard to miss with any shots. Hell, I'd say he's easier to hit than Zarya, to put that in tank comparison. If you are able to strife dodge the Reaper, it's because he's not following you and shooting, he's standing nearly still. And at the point of a Reaper being at point blank range which is where Reaper functions, you wouldn't be headshotting him anyway, you should be using your alt-fire since it shoots like a shotgun anyway and every shot should hit.

Meaning without a crit (and far faster bullet traveling time), your alt fire shoots 10 bullets, doing 15 damage each. Without a single one hitting Reapers head, that's an easy 150 damage, compared to the headshot which takes more time to aim and travels a bit slower, which does 170.

If even just two of those bullets from the alt fire hits Reaper's head though, that increases the damage from 150 to 180.

Either way, Reaper at point blank is going to be ripping you for 280 damage in a second, since one shot does 140 damage, and he shoots at a rate of 2 shots a second, which conversely would heal him for 56 health if I did the math right, so that's already negating a good amount of your damage you did on him. Even with the 75 armor, you're still going to be hard pressed to stop him, unless you're hogging all your armor resources for yourself, which is pretty much another point against Torb since you're not playing with the team at that point by giving them armor.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-11-25 at 08:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    If you see only Black and White, then yes. It doesnt make any sense.

Priorities are not either 1 or 0, nor Black and White.

If you switch or play Heroes that you are not comfortable, then you prioritize winning a bit over your fun for actually playing.
    Playing the Game is supposed to be fun, Winning is supposed to be fun. These two are not essentially linked.

And for example, If I have a good round in (any) game. Its fun, and if I loose, this wouldn´t subtract much from my fun.
    But If I was forced into a Role, or Position, or Hero that just isnt fun for me. Then, winning itself wouldn´t even be worth it, because a Win is fun for 10 seconds, while I had to have no fun for 5 - 10 minutes (Depending on how long the game last.

And, I repeatedly explained why my stance on "Everyone should have fun" is not really Hypocritical. Because, as I established a few postings earlier:
    If you wouldn´t think he someone ruins your game, it wouldnt essentially be more ruined, than if you had someone who is just very very bad.

Or would you mind if I would play whatever (I deem correct) and just plain suck?

Thats someting I can finally agree on. And the very first time I´v seen someone from "your" side to acknowledge that this is not Rock/Paper/Scissors and one Automaticly wins.

I would actually really second your stance on "Making something aviable on Situation", this could add very interesting Gameplay, apart from fixing the "One Trick" Discussion, (Obviously it shouldn´t just limit Torbjorn on map, but an interesting choice on Heros)

An even more intersting thing, which actually feels weird for me, is the "Teams", in all cutscenes the Overwatch heroes are kinda split in a "Good" vs "Evil" team, maybe one could make each Hero have a side to fight on. And as (afaik) every map gets played both ways. Each Team has to play both sides.
    (Maybe Neutral Heros which can be used by Both sides). But that probably wont happen.

But, back to topic:
    If we agree on the "Obvious Suck" indicator. This is something one can also make "Factual" rules for.

For example:
    If you have X% of the Overall Deaths of your team, you may be considered Disruptive.
    If you have less than X% of the overall Kills of your team, you may be considered Disruptive (Not counting for Healers Obviously)
    And so on. While this may also affect just terrible players, the First "Action" against a Player in this case I would do.
    Is downrank them. So: If you play in a League where you suck so bad that your team decides you are disruptive, you get downgraded.
    If you OneTrick, and your teams deem you disruptive, you get downgraded.

This way, in a way, everybody wins. OneTricks win, as they can play (in a Competitive enviroment) how they want. And the people who play Serious Competitive win, because they can get rid of the OneTricks.
    yea though i think you could simply have a system where if you have played a single char for the last X game and you have lost those last X games you downrank faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Frankly if you only want to play 1 hero and 1 hero only you belong in QP, I find several of each role fun to play, I want to win and if someone is being stubborn and is being countered all the time YES it ruins my fun.......If you don't want to play to win why play competitive?
    You dont seem to get it.
    This is the same that I talked to tripconn about. Read the Posts I made back and forth with him. They outline exactly how I feel about the Issue.

I´m not in the Mood to elaborate that all again. Its not that Black and White like you paint it.

I also stated several times Examples, that people who just plain suck at the game should ruin your game in that regard even more. And yet this is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    yea though i think you could simply have a system where if you have played a single char for the last X game and you have lost those last X games you downrank faster.
    Thats a nice addition to that Idea. Maybe I should go into the Blizzard forum and make a Suggestion about that.

But to be Honest, dont you think its nice, to find a common ground between: "I play what I want, period" and "Heretic! Bann him! Burn him!"

Now we just need several thousand more who discuss it out, and we might actually get to a place where I would dare to play Competitive. *laughs*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    You dont seem to get it.
    This is the same that I talked to tripconn about. Read the Posts I made back and forth with him. They outline exactly how I feel about the Issue.

I´m not in the Mood to elaborate that all again. Its not that Black and White like you paint it.

I also stated several times Examples, that people who just plain suck at the game should ruin your game in that regard even more. And yet this is OK.
    If they suck at the game they don't belong in competitive either, that would be akin to forcing someone who sucks at basketball to be able to play with a team out to win.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.