Help me choose a monitor

Hi guys, i'm relatively new to PC building world. I want to change my monitor with good quality, good performance monitor that will last me for years.

My current setup is EVGA 1060 6GB FTW+ with Intel i5 7600K.

My main question is what is the best compatible, overall monitor that will work/be supported by my setup (GPU+CPU)?

I read articles and watched videos. GSync is too expensive for me and FreeSync is out of the questions cuz AMD. How are Adaptive Sync monitors? Will they be supported and work with my setup?

Or maybe should I just buy good quality 1080p 120 or 144 Hz monitor? Which refresh rate monitor will be best for me? Also any suggestion/recommended monitor? What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

Asus VG248QE. I dont regret the purchase at all. I was in the same predicament with Gsync being stupid expensive and having a GTX 1060

Deleted
    question is: do you actually get 144 FPS in most the games you play? if yes -> get a 144HZ like the one suggested in post #2
    if not -> get a very nice IPS Panel with 60 Hz (possibly 1440p or ultrawide if you fancy)

Quote Originally Posted by ZarG View Post
    question is: do you actually get 144 FPS in most the games you play? if yes -> get a 144HZ like the one suggested in post #2
    if not -> get a very nice IPS Panel with 60 Hz (possibly 1440p or ultrawide if you fancy)
    Did Blizzard remove in-game /fps option to see fps? What are some other simple ways to track my fps in game for WoW?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post
    Did Blizzard remove in-game /fps option to see fps? What are some other simple ways to track my fps in game for WoW?
    CTRL + R brings up the FPS counter in WoW. But you could also use MSI Afterburner to track FPS, temperatures etc.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency