10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up I feel incomplete if I don't discover every vista, point of interest, and WP

So I am casually playing GW2 again, and every new area I go into, I feel compelled to discover every WP, point of interest, and vista. I'm sort of a completionist that way.

I'm only level 16 right now, and completed the first human area, and discovered all of Divinity's Reach, but its been fun just exploring.

Anyone else feel the same? Do you have to complete everything in every zone you do?

I do feel the same, I just completed the maps of Path of Fire. Almost done with the original maps and then I'll work on the HoT maps someday I guess, they're not as fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I dont know if youve ben introduced to the HoT maps then ...espcially TD.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Hmm I dont know if youve ben introduced to the HoT maps then ...espcially TD.
    naa, I still only have the base game because from what ive been told, if i dont have a max level character, then there is no point in buying the expansion yet. I'll probably buy them once I hit 80 and or once ive completed the entire base game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to feel that way...but once you have 9 max level characters it starts getting to the point where you really don't want to do all that world completion again. If you're only playing one character though, yes, it's nice to have it all done. At least for the waypoints and easy access to events.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So I am casually playing GW2 again, and every new area I go into, I feel compelled to discover every WP, point of interest, and vista. I'm sort of a completionist that way.

I'm only level 16 right now, and completed the first human area, and discovered all of Divinity's Reach, but its been fun just exploring.

Anyone else feel the same? Do you have to complete everything in every zone you do?
    I am the same. I make sure I do as much of a map as possible before moving on. It's one of the things that drove me nuts about other games because you often stop getting XP if you have outleveled a zone. You will still need to go back to do the jumping puzzles, if you haven't done them already.

Yes. And I have to do it on every toon I have. I currently have over 20 of the world explorer tokens tucked away in the bank. And I have a spreadsheet that tracks map completion, gear levels and everything else across all my toons.

Yes, I am autistic. Why do you ask?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is good. It's a very interesting way to propel the player to do the available content. And exploring the map is fun, even more with mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. So i uses to play a Thief up to Heart of Thorns. Map completed everything up to that.

A month ago came back to the game and bought HoT+PoF and used level 80 Boost on a new character.
    After 100% every HoT,Season 3 and PoF map i'm now going through Core tyria again even though i know theres little benefit on doing it.

I just hate the "uncovered" World map , that is literally the only reason im doing it. Well that and mounts make it 10x faster x)

The original personal story got retooled a while ago, and the reward boxes are actually decent stuff. If you want un-id'd dyes, they are like 10% drop from the boxes. Do a chapter of the story and you'll end up with 4-5 dyes usually. The boxes, like most else, scales too so you'll get level approp gear, if lower quality.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."