Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Do PvPers really still care about "character exclusiveness"?

Hey guys a quick question here to anyone that still PvPs:

Do you still really care about having exclusive rewards tied to a character or time-limited such as gladiator titles that fade in less than 90 days and Gladiator mounts that are only character-specific?
    Is there someone that really bothers about seeing people with Gladiator title? Is there someone that really bothers about seeing people with old gladiator mounts that have earned those mounts years ago?

Personally, I changed my mind about that a long long time ago (since account-wide mounts were announced), and I can't help but always feel like I am punished for losing my Gladiator title and not being able to use my mounts on my alts (the former is the "make or break" point, I really would love to be able to use my glad mounts on my alts).

exclusiveness bring incentive, the game needs far more of them tied to performance most of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    exclusiveness bring incentive, the game needs far more of them tied to performance most of all.
    I meant exclusiveness to a single character, as in you earn a Gladiator mount and you'll never be able to use it on your other characters.
    Having Exclusive rewards like exclusive gladiator mounts each season is indeed a real incentive, but not being able to use it on other characters, as well as losing the title you have worked so hard to obtain after only 90 days feels like a waste.

The philosophy the devs have about PvP stuff being character-specific has always come across as weird to me. I've never known a single player who feels like this is anything other than a perplexing limitation. It seems like one of those decisions that someone rattled off, sounded good in theory, and then never got any further consideration from a practical average-player perspective.

It's similar to the absurd cooldowns and restrictions on toys. The devs have their own theoretical reasoning for it that doesn't seem to reflect what people actually want out of the system at all.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

no.

Not once, ever, in the history of WoW did i care about character exclusiveness.

In short: Ion doesn't know what the fuck he's on about. He never has.

I've harped on this for a long time. It's hypocritical when Mythic mounts/titles are allowed to be used by alts and yet Gladiator mounts/titles are not. It's high time that character-specific PvP vanity is made uniform with its PvE counterpart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the mounts should be account-wide but the titles should definitely stay character specific.

I personally always liked it. I've gotten most of my glad titles on my paladin so to me using that mount is a way of showing off my pvp achievements. It would feel a lot less meaningful if I were using gladiator mounts on my rogue which I am terrible at pvping on.

I wish the game had more character/skill specific rewards then currently exists. There should be more ways of showing off that you're really good at x class instead of generic reward on every character you own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hexagram View Post
    I personally always liked it. I've gotten most of my glad titles on my paladin so to me using that mount is a way of showing off my pvp achievements. It would feel a lot less meaningful if I were using gladiator mounts on my rogue which I am terrible at pvping on.

I wish the game had more character/skill specific rewards then currently exists. There should be more ways of showing off that you're really good at x class instead of generic reward on every character you own.
    That's what I'm thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Mounts earned on one toon should be available to his/her alts for the simple reason that game evolves people evolve. Maybe I want to play horde next expansion what would the logic be to forfeit all the work I did as alliance.

I was very sad to see I grinded Warbound on two toons and then it was account wide. But I wasn't sad that it was account wide I was sad that it took so long for someone to get his brain unstuck and make it so people who earned such a prestigious title can enjoy it as they please.

My 300 wins on one toon are mine and that can't change. Same as my glad titles for the seasons I got them. Not allowing the sharing reduces the value and punishes the effort.

- - - Updated - - -

I play the same toon since classic. What if 1 day I get bored and say I want a restart fresh server fresh toon etc. Unless I pay a fuckload of money to race change faction change server change appearance change etc I must start fresh and not have what I earned. Makes any sense? No. And since the same shit can happen if you pay, your denial only helps blizzard make more money. Awkward.
    You didn't get glad on that other toon though. You got glad on the other one, with that specific race, class and gear. It doesn't make sense for a low level character or a fresh max level character to be running around with glad titles for example. I do also think the cost of blizzard's services are way too high and that they should have done more to fix the server population issues years ago though.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    You didn't get glad on that other toon though. You got glad on the other one, with that specific race, class and gear. It doesn't make sense for a low level character or a fresh max level character to be running around with glad titles for example. I do also think the cost of blizzard's services are way too high and that they should have done more to fix the server population issues years ago though.
    why doesnt it? since you can see low level players running around with Battlemaster title (probably hardest title to get in the game that isn't Glad, but that probably requires even more effort), or realm first titles and so onwards. I mean, at the end of the day you still earned those titles, and WoW doesn't really feel like a "unique characters" game anymore, I have a feeling wow has leaned completely towards "unique account" (you're your account and your set of characters, not just a single character anymore)
    what I mean with the above is that nobody goes "look its cdew, the paladin" anymore, people will always go like "look its cdew playing his paladin" and I'm totally ok with that.
    But like I said, I don't really care much about the title and as a vanity thing I'd very much don't care about Glad title still being character exclusive, however let's just remember that Glad title fades in 90 days so its quite pointless to begin with.
    If you get glad this season and want to take a break from the game after the effort, it'll be just like you never even had the title :v
    Last edited by Nuba; 2017-10-06 at 02:29 PM.

I've always been pro exclusive titles and rewards, but since they reintroduced the Vanilla PvP titles again (pissing on everyone who had em from back then) :
    I see no reason to keep elite sets or gladiator rewards restricted any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    I meant exclusiveness to a single character, as in you earn a Gladiator mount and you'll never be able to use it on your other characters.
    Having Exclusive rewards like exclusive gladiator mounts each season is indeed a real incentive, but not being able to use it on other characters, as well as losing the title you have worked so hard to obtain after only 90 days feels like a waste.
    and i mean it in both cases, FOTM hopping remains a problem imo, specifically in pvp, allowing glad mounts/titles/ect to be account wide will only incentives it

Titles I think are okay as they are, perhaps give people another title that's permanent once gladiator expires though. The mounts I do wish were account wide though, I would love to have them on my alts as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    why doesnt it? since you can see low level players running around with Battlemaster title (probably hardest title to get in the game that isn't Glad, but that probably requires even more effort), or realm first titles and so onwards. I mean, at the end of the day you still earned those titles, and WoW doesn't really feel like a "unique characters" game anymore, I have a feeling wow has leaned completely towards "unique account" (you're your account and your set of characters, not just a single character anymore)
    what I mean with the above is that nobody goes "look its cdew, the paladin" anymore, people will always go like "look its cdew playing his paladin" and I'm totally ok with that.
    But like I said, I don't really care much about the title and as a vanity thing I'd very much don't care about Glad title still being character exclusive, however let's just remember that Glad title fades in 90 days so its quite pointless to begin with.
    If you get glad this season and want to take a break from the game after the effort, it'll be just like you never even had the title :v
    Battlemaster requires you to play BGs a lot, Gladiator requires you to get good and play arena at a high level. You can be terrible and still get battlemaster, it's just a time sink. That's like comparing leveling to max level to raiding mythic because both require killing a lot of mobs. They aren't similar.

The fact Blizzard officially insists "the pretige system" is character specific because of character exclusiveness is either a flat out lie or ridiculous incompetence. And here's why: if character exclusiveness is the true reason why then why are RBG and Arena titles accountwide? Doesn't it make logical sense RBG and Arena titles would be character exclusive as well? I'd think 2k rating in Arena 3's or even RBGs is a significantly greater achievement than reaching "prestige 9 or whatever." Bottom line: prestige is character specific for 2 reasons: 1) the initial plan of the dumb prestige system was to reset the talents with each level. 2) Prestige exists in it's current state to support the "time synch" business model.

I wish everything was exclusive to the toon that did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Battlemaster requires you to play BGs a lot, Gladiator requires you to get good and play arena at a high level. You can be terrible and still get battlemaster, it's just a time sink. That's like comparing leveling to max level to raiding mythic because both require killing a lot of mobs. They aren't similar.
    there are some achievements that you simply just can't be terrible to achiev in the battlemaster, and that you actually need an entire coordinated team to get them (note that I only managed to get mine after hours dedicated with premades aiming at getting that title alone). Believe it or not, it is a much rarer title than Gladiator, and even The Insane isn't as rare as Gladiator.

10+ Year Old Account
    there are some achievements that you simply just can't be terrible to achiev in the battlemaster, and that you actually need an entire coordinated team to get them (note that I only managed to get mine after hours dedicated with premades aiming at getting that title alone). Believe it or not, it is a much rarer title than Gladiator, and even The Insane isn't as rare as Gladiator.
    Gladiator has also been around for a lot longer, and no, none of the battlemaster achievements require you to be good. You can spam BGs till you get them, and there's a couple made much easier by having a premade, but again you can just spam and you'll eventually get them all. You could do the same thing with Gladiator and go absolutely nowhere if you weren't actively trying to improve as a player, instead of just going for achievements. There's still no comparison. Battlemaster and Khan are cool titles, but they don't mean you're a good player.

Gladiator has also been around for a lot longer, and no, none of the battlemaster achievements require you to be good. You can spam BGs till you get them, and there's a couple made much easier by having a premade, but again you can just spam and you'll eventually get them all. You could do the same thing with Gladiator and go absolutely nowhere if you weren't actively trying to improve as a player, instead of just going for achievements. There's still no comparison. Battlemaster and Khan are cool titles, but they don't mean you're a good player.
    You're really downplaying some of the more difficult Battlemaster/Khan achievement requirements. There's no way in hell some shitter is going to "eventually" get Cloud Nine, Alterac Valley All-Star or Arathi Basin All-Star.