Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    8.0 3rd spec possibilities

    I am a new vdh and i was thinking dh could use a 3 rd special spec and what i come up with is a range dps or a hybrid.
    Bare with me please:
    -it will be something different and would resemble a warlock in some extent (locks may get some void themed spec replacing destruction,i don't know maybe another topic for that)
    -it could use a more physical approach to skills as in you wouldn't be casting shadow or fel stuff that much(i think it will be boring and predictable but it will fit) but more of spikes and horns(more earthy looking or not),conjure weapons(go mele for some extent than back to range,for a short time like a dps CD)
    -range animations will be great if we borrow the priest ones that levitate(imagine a demon slowly rising before casting something devastating),we already have demonology so again we can borrow from there(as a starting point at least)
    -a range autoatack will be nice(rising a spike under the target,maybe?)
    -it can be a mix between a conjurer(lets say taking ilidan warglaives for 2 min and going ham) and a summoner(insert any type of demon be that its a full time pet or available for x minutes or seconds)

    I was thinking all of this because after this expansion it will lose class identity and it will be nice to offer it a place especially if it will be someting new with a new mechanic(maybe even if its ranged our main stat will still be agility not necessarily intelect)

    On other note that could be done even now:
    We can get some glyphs to change our eye color or the particles when we Dash.i think it will be great to have something that you will change constantly because transmogs are such a big deal(so it will help the player with the transmog and the one who is a scribe,and lets face it they need some real 'consumables')

    please pitch in with any ideas or what you think would work as a 3rd spec for this class.
    Last edited by influxed; 2017-10-06 at 02:01 PM.

  2. #2
    maybe some glyphs that could change eye collors will be nice 2.
    would be cool to have bright blue eyes hidden under my bandana

  3. #3
    yes, but also no.

  4. #4
    I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but if you want people to take you serious, you need to work on your presentation. Bad grammar and outlines murders an otherwise decent game design (or in this case, specs idea) pitch.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    would be cool to have bright blue eyes hidden under my bandana
    ahaha good point but still things like that would be nice even for inscription profession and you can add it to spectral sight(as attaching the glyph to smth).i think ppl will use it often to match their transmog

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but if you want people to take you serious, you need to work on your presentation. Bad grammar and outlines murders an otherwise decent game design (or in this case, specs idea) pitch.
    sorry i will edit it as soon as i get home and try to paint a clearer picture.
    Last edited by influxed; 2017-10-06 at 02:02 PM.

  6. #6
    Fix what we have first. Also it would still be a melee class with what you suggested. Moving in and out of melee and ranged wastes cast time and loses white hits.

    Even red mage in ff14 sits in melee to weave white hits between spells.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Fix what we have first. Also it would still be a melee class with what you suggested. Moving in and out of melee and ranged wastes cast time and loses white hits.

    Even red mage in ff14 sits in melee to weave white hits between spells.
    maybe it will compensate that loss of white damage during that particular CD.i like the idea of in and out of mele because they are very mobile and people who already play this class like it that way and expect to have something similar than staying in one place and spamming spells

  8. #8
    Loramus used to summon felhounds back when he wasn't trapped in a Dreadlord's body. I could see a demonic version of survival as third spec. But that would be melee. I don't really see the relation between fel and throwing spikes at people (maybe summoning those fel pillars that fel lords use that do AoE I guess). Illidan's range mode was him in demon form casting spells and summoning shadow creatures if that helps.

  9. #9
    Some sort of ranged spec that works with the scythe-wielding demon hunters would be neat, but honestly they've already got more specs in the game than they can handle

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Loramus used to summon felhounds back when he wasn't trapped in a Dreadlord's body. I could see a demonic version of survival as third spec. But that would be melee. I don't really see the relation between fel and throwing spikes at people (maybe summoning those fel pillars that fel lords use that do AoE I guess). Illidan's range mode was him in demon form casting spells and summoning shadow creatures if that helps.
    that sounds interesting.it is my fault because i do not know how to explain exactly(mainly because i do not have a clear definitive picture ) but what i was trying to say is that range spells shouldn't look magical(like shadow bolt) but more physical( really stupid example: ripping a spike from his back and throwing it at a target physical) i'm not a fan of spikes or horns but i want something different than fel and shadow and this seems the only thing that works with the class.

    i need to mention that i really do not know that much lore about demonhunter or ilidan for that matter so if you have more examples like that please.

  11. #11
    Seems likely that they are going to be adding shared specs, possibly derived from the theme of the expansion. I'm not sure what they would be or how this would work, but I wouldn't expect a dedicated third spec for demon hunters. That seems like an incredibly niche thing to add to the game at this point.
    Co-Owner of ONELegionTV - Guides, Tanking, Blood DK Soloing Mythic+ and other discussions about all things in WoW: Legion
    ONElegionTV
    Co-Owner of TubeistTV - Offering Free Youtube Consultation from Youtube Certified 12+ Years of Combined Knowledge
    TubeistTV

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by influxed View Post
    that sounds interesting.it is my fault because i do not know how to explain exactly(mainly because i do not have a clear definitive picture ) but what i was trying to say is that range spells shouldn't look magical(like shadow bolt) but more physical( really stupid example: ripping a spike from his back and throwing it at a target physical) i'm not a fan of spikes or horns but i want something different than fel and shadow and this seems the only thing that works with the class.

    i need to mention that i really do not know that much lore about demonhunter or ilidan for that matter so if you have more examples like that please.
    The game certainly does not have a proper thrown weapon specialist but that is a very niche role in fantasy in general (I mean warcraft has no halflings).
    The issue with thrown weapons as an extended playstyle is imo stylistic:
    It would look very "busy" graphically. Constantly chucking spikes off your back or even throwing dagger or something similar would look ridiculous; casters and hunters have a smooth animation for their spammable spells that is fairly unobtrusive for this reason.
    Actual thrown weapons need to return. This means the ability needs a cooldown (as throw glaive has) so the animation has time to happen (glaives on two charges work cause you have two of them to throw).

    I would personally like hybrid range dps (dps that has a phase at long (caster) range and a phase at melee range). I definitely think something like that could work and not just for Demon Hunter (in a way, Arcane mage is forced to go to melee to AoE being hybrid as far as their range is concerned; mistweavers and holy paladins have options for moving in and out of melee as well).

  13. #13
    Dreadlord Pigglix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Somewhere Far Far Away
    Posts
    775
    DH 3rd spec will be a possibility when Warriors get a 4th spec to make them able be a dpser with a shield + weapon

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    DH 3rd spec will be a possibility when Warriors get a 4th spec to make them able be a dpser with a shield + weapon
    didn't they tried that in wod... you could dps in prot spec and it was a bust(tho i liked it)

  15. #15
    Dreadlord Pigglix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Somewhere Far Far Away
    Posts
    775
    Yeah, but imo was a bust because it was tied into the prot spec, so they were affraid to buff the talent and ended buffing the overall tank spec.

    But if they make a spec...
    idk, i would love to play a class that uses weapon + shield as dps, would be unique too., loved glad stance =(

  16. #16
    The class really does need a 3rd spec to have parity with everything else. It's obvious that they dropped a 3rd spec due to cost issues, and it hasn't really worked out in regards to player satisfaction, at least from what I've seen. I think getting to skip so much of the leveling is all that is currently propping up the class numbers. Does anyone have a comparison for DHs 1 year in compared to DKs and monks?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Occar View Post
    The class really does need a 3rd spec to have parity with everything else. It's obvious that they dropped a 3rd spec due to cost issues, and it hasn't really worked out in regards to player satisfaction, at least from what I've seen. I think getting to skip so much of the leveling is all that is currently propping up the class numbers. Does anyone have a comparison for DHs 1 year in compared to DKs and monks?
    for sure dk's were much more popular and for sure dh are more popular than monks(at least this xpac) that is what i fear.the class will become redudant after this expansion if they do not change smth and give it a place

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Yeah, but imo was a bust because it was tied into the prot spec, so they were affraid to buff the talent and ended buffing the overall tank spec.

    But if they make a spec...
    idk, i would love to play a class that uses weapon + shield as dps, would be unique too., loved glad stance =(
    they cant balance current specs. they wont be adding more specs. only reason druids ende dup with 4 was to nerf the hybrid bear/cat playstyle. it wasnt a favor.

  19. #19
    thinkin a melee dot spec similar to feral but less emphasis on combo points and bleeds. more chaos/fire damage and perhaps meta turns you into an inquisitor. loads of self heals through dots

  20. #20
    With the current theme of light and shadow, I think it would be awesome to have an Archangel build. Think of Retribution Paladin crossed with a Discipline Priest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •