Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeds Dead View Post
    I would prefer converted Warden hybrid that threw glaives and fel magic instead.
    Warden seems more like a Rogue spec, honestly they could get rid of the Outlaw Pirate Rogue stuff and make it a Warden spec and possibly a tank spec.

I don't think Demon Hunter needs a 3rd spec at all and I am pretty sure Blizzard won't make a 3rd spec.

Since they mostly butchered the old way of Fistweaving for Monks (run in, punch stuff, heal people), could give DHs some sort of melee healer spec. Not saying they should but I'd find it interesting.

Based on some sort of leech fantasy. Gul'dan in the Warcraft movie is seen using Fel to rip out the soul of a deer to bring life to Thrall as an infant (I'm sure there are other examples from the canon, that's just what came to my mind first). So, Fel has the possibility to live up to the idea.

Basically, run in, beat sh*t up, drain their souls with Fel-emblazoned fists (punch the lifeforce out of them), fist weapons, glaives, spells, etc and heal your allies while at it.

AoE heal being the DH channeling for a couple of seconds with the spell healing more for each enemy affected by the Soul Drain aspect of the spell.

If no enemies nearby, the DH can still channel it but will sacrifice a portion of their own health to heal their allies (entire fantasy being drain life to sustain life, from enemies or self). Such as during downtime between fights, the aftermath of a PvP battle in a BG, etc. Talent to remove the health cost and whatnot.

Could have some passive ability that enables them to heal the closest allies for X% of damage done by attacks/spells.

It's possible and the fantasy is there to a degree but it'd require a bunch of work. And although as much as I love to heal and would definitely love to try out a spec similar to that, I doubt it'll happen, lol.

Redo the old Demo Warlock that transformed into a demon and call it a day. I'd be on a DH in a heartbeat to have those abilities back again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those trying to rationalize a healing spec for DH, it's not happening. DH style just isn't about healing allies, it's about getting out there and slaying. They have a better chance of turning a Rogue spec into a healing spec than they do of giving DH a heal spec.

The best you can hope for is a ranged DPS spec which is very possible. DHs already have tons of ranged abilities (Fel Barrage, Eyebeam, Glaive Throw, Sigils, etc) as well as tons of other possible demonic ranged abilities they can steal from demons and turn into their own to build a ranged DPS spec around.

If they do get a 3rd spec (which I wouldn't hold my breath on), then I suspect the biggest possibility would be ranged DPS spec. This is also because the game currently has way more melee specs than ranged which caused an imbalance of melee to ranged ratio.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamwardicus View Post
    Redo the old Demo Warlock that transformed into a demon and call it a day. I'd be on a DH in a heartbeat to have those abilities back again.
    This is actually a VERY real possibility if they go with ranged DH spec. Especially since they confirmed in Blizzcon that they do plan on keeping the Demo Warlock as a PET THEMED spec. They have no intention of giving them Meta again. This ~could~ be because they are saving that spec as a possible 3rd DH spec. Fingers crossed.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama