Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There was already a thread about this recently. It centered on a third DH spec and the possibility of it being a Void Hunter archetype, based on the class center piece of "Fight fire with fire." As well as the direction that the bad guys are starting to lean towards - the Shadow Lords and Old Gods are finally coming to the fore. Also, Alleria and her training as a Void Hunter is a huge bit of foreshadowing on blizzard's part.

Quote Originally Posted by influxed View Post
    I am a new vdh and i was thinking dh could use a 3 rd special spec and what i come up with is a range dps or a hybrid.
    Bare with me please:
    -it will be something different and would resemble a warlock in some extent (locks may get some void themed spec replacing destruction,i don't know maybe another topic for that)
    -it could use a more physical approach to skills as in you wouldn't be casting shadow or fel stuff that much(i think it will be boring and predictable but it will fit) but more of spikes and horns(more earthy looking or not),conjure weapons(go mele for some extent than back to range,for a short time like a dps CD)
    -range animations will be great if we borrow the priest ones that levitate(imagine a demon slowly rising before casting something devastating),we already have demonology so again we can borrow from there(as a starting point at least)
    -a range autoatack will be nice(rising a spike under the target,maybe?)
    -it can be a mix between a conjurer(lets say taking ilidan warglaives for 2 min and going ham) and a summoner(insert any type of demon be that its a full time pet or available for x minutes or seconds)

I was thinking all of this because after this expansion it will lose class identity and it will be nice to offer it a place especially if it will be someting new with a new mechanic(maybe even if its ranged our main stat will still be agility not necessarily intelect)

On other note that could be done even now:
    We can get some glyphs to change our eye color or the particles when we Dash.i think it will be great to have something that you will change constantly because transmogs are such a big deal(so it will help the player with the transmog and the one who is a scribe,and lets face it they need some real 'consumables')

please pitch in with any ideas or what you think would work as a 3rd spec for this class.

- when i think void, I think more spriest, since they created the old gods and spriests are old god'y
    - like DK Runic Weapon that you can summon? is that still a thing? haven't played DK in a few years.
    - If its going to be a fresh new spec which would be a HUGE deal to say the least, we can't be borrowing anything. Think fresh fresh fresh! That's why they ended up with only 2 specs, because they didn't want to dilute DH and make them to be something they are not
    - how would this spike be different than the Havoc DH 106 Talent, Fel Eruption? bigger spike?
    - the problem with summoning demons is we are... demon HUNTERS. we don't want to summon the bastards, we want to slice them to bits

I've wanted for the longest time a Spellblade or Blademage of some types, with DoT's, bursty melee, and maybe 2 or 3 baseline ranged spells. Idk about combo system, how is the new Maelstrom system working for Shamans?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    yes, but also no.
    lmao /10chars
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2017-10-07 at 05:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    thinkin a melee dot spec similar to feral but less emphasis on combo points and bleeds. more chaos/fire damage and perhaps meta turns you into an inquisitor. loads of self heals through dots
    love the name Inquisitor... sound powerful for a spec.also i can see that as a 3rd spec

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    would be cool to have bright blue eyes hidden under my bandana
    Guys. THERE ARE NO EYES UNDER YOUR BANDANA. IT IS JUST AN EYE SOCKET AND YOUR FEL ESSENCE IS SHINING THROUGH IT.

Deleted
    A range caster would be the best fit and I for one am looking forward to something like it.
    Something along the lines of Leotheras and Illidan while in demon form. Could even have a permanent demon form with unique spells (kind of like warlock's metamorphosis) to actually give it some meaning since now it's nothing more than some of your abilities deal more damage and have a different name, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by influxed View Post
    -it will be something different and would resemble a warlock in some extent (locks may get some void themed spec replacing destruction,i don't know maybe another topic for that)
    How about you die in a fire? You fuckers got our demo specc, leave fucking destruction alone.

I know I sound mean, but this thread starts with what is essentially 'Please gut another warlock specc to make DH more engaging.' Fuck that, DHs are good enough as it is.

Deleted
    Personally, I would like the 3rd spec to be another tank spec, we have priest with 2 heal specs and no classes with two tank specs,

They could make what we currently have a more self heal based healer and the 2nd could be a spec that is fully mitigating and not so much self healing. I think maybe a tank spec works primarily trying to keep up demon form (like demonic style havok in vengeance)

I think, if we are going to have a 2nd dps spec i would want it to be far different from warlock. I don't like the idea of taking and casting "like a warlock" i already feel like a melee warlock, i kinda want us to move away from that idea. not moving away from demons but.. not becoming more warlocky!

I'd like to see a mid-range glaive throwing type spec... would be neat

Quote Originally Posted by Occar View Post
    The class really does need a 3rd spec to have parity with everything else. It's obvious that they dropped a 3rd spec due to cost issues, and it hasn't really worked out in regards to player satisfaction, at least from what I've seen. I think getting to skip so much of the leveling is all that is currently propping up the class numbers. Does anyone have a comparison for DHs 1 year in compared to DKs and monks?
    Cost issues you say? Or why bother hashing out a 3rd spec when people will accept 2? Imagine adding a new class in 8.0 for example, they have proven the WoW base will accept 2 specs rather they like it or not and now you add a ranged class that also has 2 specs, you've now added 2 classes but only 4 specs to the game. Cost doesnt have much to do with it. WoW is the staple game of Blizzard and they have other successful IPs to carry it so cost is irrelevant. Its a matter of whats required vs whats acceptable. There was simply no reason to waste resources building a 3rd spec.

It would be fitting to have a ranged spec focused on permanent demon form like the ultimate ability from warcraft 3. It's pretty much like bringing back the old warlock demonology spec while adding more flair to it since it's finally in the rightful class.

With demon hunters getting alot of their abilities from the demons they absorb I thought it would be kinda cool if we got a ranged spec based on the Inquisitor demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
    Cost issues you say? Or why bother hashing out a 3rd spec when people will accept 2? Imagine adding a new class in 8.0 for example, they have proven the WoW base will accept 2 specs rather they like it or not and now you add a ranged class that also has 2 specs, you've now added 2 classes but only 4 specs to the game. Cost doesnt have much to do with it. WoW is the staple game of Blizzard and they have other successful IPs to carry it so cost is irrelevant. Its a matter of whats required vs whats acceptable. There was simply no reason to waste resources building a 3rd spec.
    How can you say cost doesn't factor in to it and then claim that a 3rd spec would "waste resources". What do you think those resources are? They're quite literally, cost.

Deleted
    Imo should be a range dps spec, more than a healer, but i have to admit that ''fel healer'' demon hunter could be interesting, definetly i'll not like another melee dps spec because the game have many melee specs atm.

Asking for 3rd spec is obvious thing to claim. What class has 2 specs btw? You guys talking 2 specs are enough why don't you ask to remove vengeance or havoc spec to be true pure tank or deal? And claim for other pure deal classes to have only one spec and it is enough to play their dps role isn't it? We know they had 3rd spec in devolopment in legion alpha but they abandoned it by time and balance. Good excuse for lore but after night elf mage lore gone dead. No making excuse this time again and whatever if it is melee or tank or ranged or heal, it is right to give 3rd spec to DH if you don't want to prove you guys don't want to work for time or balance

There's no 3rd spec coming for 8.0. If there were, they would have announced it to big fanfare at Blizzcon - it would literally have been the only class change in there.

Honestly if Demon Hunters are ever to get a third spec/second dps spec I expect it to be modelled on something like Leotheras the Blind. Emphasise the mental and corporal instability that comes from literally binding a demon into your flesh. Leotheras kept breaking into demonic illusions throughout his fight, you could probably do something with that. How about a spec that plays like Mesmers do in GW2? Constantly creating demonic illusionary copies of yourself to harass enemies while you dart in and out of combat. Would certainly be distinct enough from havoc.

What the guy above seems like what's going to happen.

If it wasn't announced by now, I don't think DHs are getting a third spec.

But one is free to dream and I actually think that, if it would happen, it would be ranged DPS spec involving fel ranged attacks of some sort.

Is the only thing that make some sort of sense to me without butchering the class fantasy too much. Also Allari being around.

Well if they want to do like a ranged spec (which makes general sense over another melee spec imo) and keep it simple/spamable like Havoc is...maybe have their Throw Glaive as the filler/basic spell to build up Fury, then some felfire-ish blast as the spender? Similar to Demon Bite/Chaos Strike as Havoc, you have a builder and a spender. For a ranged sorta cleave/alt attack akin to Blade Dance, could give them a variation of Havoc's legendary ability where you chuck your glaives and they spin for a bit before returning (a version here it it'd remove your spammable filler for its duration). Fel Rush of course can be kept, maybe add in a few other fun looking fiery spells for fun, and of course demon form just gives you a buffed version of your normal attacks. I suppose they could replace warglaives with like bows instead for more weapon differentiation (quick hogging bows to yourselves hunters) and you'd just case magic with fury built up and arrow-esq abilities (DH from D3 dual wield and stuff), but I just can't see WoW DH without their iconic warglaives (and yes I know the one has a scythe, that's like the rare exception besides player characters).

That'd be the easy way to me anyways, add in a range spec. Melee, I just don't see how you're gonna add in another variation unless you go like a mage/rune knight route maybe? Empower your weapons with different elements or something, but heck that's never worked well for enhance shammy in the past and the game is already melee heavy with a lot of fights not favoring too many melee anyways. And healing...no...DH doesn't heal. Otherwise I'm generally more in the group that doesn't think DH needs a 3rd spec, but if they do I think they should try for a ranged spec over another melee.
    Last edited by xezar; 2017-11-14 at 05:04 AM.

Deleted
    I need to send a DM to someone so I post ... things, I guess.I need to send a DM to someone so I post ... things, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

And again, because I have only 9 posts.

Deleted
    A healing spec would be nice to have though...I bet there are plenty of Demon style abilities already in the game that can be used for that...