Deleted

Backdraft theorycraft question

Hi guys,

Im new among you and I really want to have solid start.

So, question:

Are you supposed to use the Backdraft buff, in order to maintain quicker CB casts?(and not just spam it off-cd?)

Is it so, that you actually save it, before you cast CB(only expection might be the pull)?

- - - Updated - - -

200 views and none actually ever considered, if cb casts ONLY with bd buff is worth it or not?

Casual champions

It's situational. Close to capping charges or shards, have procs, need to extend eradication, or havoc up? Casting under backdraft is fine.

My instinct says that capping conflag or shards is worse than "wasting" backdraft on incin, but I'm not a theorycrafter, so I'm probably wrong. Sorry, lots of people are just here to learn, just like you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    It's situational. Close to capping charges or shards, have procs, need to extend eradication, or havoc up? Casting under backdraft is fine.
    Yes, but 30% cast time reduction translate into a very important factor.

If you follow the standard advice for the use of bd for 5min(most likely you will occasionally hardcast cb)VS;
    Never miss any cb casts with bd buff for 5min(in this case you will have more cb casts off within that time frame).

Question is if its worth it or not.

Im getting annoyed that no guide i found ever looks into this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    My instinct says that capping conflag or shards is worse than "wasting" backdraft on incin, but I'm not a theorycrafter, so I'm probably wrong. Sorry, lots of people are just here to learn, just like you.
    And that is also very true according to the general idea of playstyle/routine.

Thing is if you can cheese the last 5% out of it or not

Im used to other class forums, where people are crunching numbers. And now it got me thinking.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-10-07 at 10:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Yes, but 30% cast time reduction translate into a very important factor.

If you follow the standard advice for the use of bd for 5min(most likely you will occasionally hardcast cb)VS;
    Never miss any cb casts with bd buff for 5min(in this case you will have more cb casts off within that time frame).

Question is if its worth it or not.

Im getting annoyed that no guide i found ever looks into this.

- - - Updated - - -

And that is also very true according to the general idea of playstyle/routine.

Thing is if you can cheese the last 5% out of it or not

Im used to other class forums, where people are crunching numbers. And now it got me thinking.
    I think you overestimate the backdraft buff. It is not worth to cast CBs only with backdraft. As someone already stated it is situational.

Procs, keeping up eradication etc, are way more important factors that influence your dps.