Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Most embarrassing death you had in wow.

What is the most embarrassing way you killed yourself in wow?

Mine would have to be disengaging after falling off a cliff in Highmountain, I still Disengaged, but I hit the ground same instant and still died.
    A close second would be dying in dal, flying and fat fingering (well thumb) a button on my mouse making me fall to me death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pff like i remember. The only one i can remember is falling trying to aim for waters and hit the shadow bit or the ground instead :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aldor rise says hi...

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Aldor rise says hi...
    There was always the enjoyable running off aldor rise and THEN realizing you weren't on your paladin, or another class that could survive the fall

Anytime I jump off a cliff and try to bubble... Only to realize I'm not playing my paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Sometimes I have fun goign really high up, dismounting and going into flight form at the last second. Many times I have failed at timing it properly.

Deleted
    in recent memory probably jumping off the cliffs in suramar to the dinosaur world quest, getting ready to heroic leap to avoid death, but then hitting a tree branch along the way.

using an ability while flying is also a good one.

though for something to be truly embarrassing you kinda need an audience. its hard to find something embarrassing in this game cause something similar has happened to most people, and in raids its more often funny or annoying than embarrassing if you do something stupid.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-10-07 at 06:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any cliff with one of my alts...

... May need to add, I am main paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Sometimes I have fun goign really high up, dismounting and going into flight form at the last second. Many times I have failed at timing it properly.
    Oh come on! Who hasn't!? Gotta test out them druid skills!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    There was always the enjoyable running off aldor rise and THEN realizing you weren't on your paladin, or another class that could survive the fall
    I never did that.... (whistles...)

Just the other day... clicked the icon for the mount I was riding way up high mid flight. Yea. Fell to my death. So what, I was testing the resurrection system dam it.

I reincarnated on an obvious wipe. Like heroic avatar 2nd phase, the entire floor is gone and the tanks about to go down...clicked reincarnate instead of recap..

I stood in the fire

Recently shadow stepped one of the adds in 2nd intermission KJ. It was on the very edge and I promptly fell to my demise. I laughed so hard I almost pee'd myself.

I also died on a druid, was in combat, thought jumping down warden tower would exit combat, it did but 1/4 sec before i hit the ground, so I couldn't flight form

Golden Lotus daily in Pandaria before the map changed.
    The dailies that had you kill and loot things underwater. I died drowning because an addon made my breathing meter much smaller and I never noticed it.
    I was like, "Man, these mobs hit hard." Once I died I realized what happened LOL

On my DH, I miss clicked one of my spells for fel rush and dove right off the cliff seconds into engaging the fight with krosus. Happened few times and totally reconfigured my hotkeys for that lol. My other guildmates did the same thing with there DH, we also once had both of us at the time time fel rush off.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 days ago. Killing Baruut on Argus. He has a knockback. I forgot to look behind me. He had ~5mil hp left and knocked me back. Fell to my death.

If you run to him from the city centre warp point, on the direct other side there's a small drop and a house, but there's a tiny rift between the part of the island Baruut's on, and the house, I managed to fall in there.

Also I had Feral Charge (which as a moonkin works like disengage) ready, but forgot to push it.

Deleted
    Basically playing any class after a longer session of playing DH...

Also that stupid motherf***ing waterfall hole in the middle of Mac'aree

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Basically playing any class after a longer session of playing DH...
    Understand that one. That DH glide really does spoil you lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

10+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of silly and embarrassing deaths. The only one I can remember now was the following.
    During Cata we were progressing on Heroic Hagara. She had 2 phases (frost and lightning) and she could spawn with either one as the 1st phase. If I remember correctly frost phase was easier to deal with. So the strategy was to reset her with Vanish or Feign Death until she respawns with the frost weapon phase. One raid night, during a wipe on her I use my trusty Vanish to save me from the repair bills. She respawns, lightning weapon phase. I think to myself "time to reset her again". The exact second I pull I realize vanish is on cooldown. She one-shots me. Teamspeak is filled with the laughter of my guild. I guess I was never destined to escape the repair bills that day.