Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Great concept, great art, great theme... terrible execution. The story seemed interesting but it was paced so terribly that I stopped caring.

I have no desire to ever see that zone again.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-10-08 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    You lost me right here. This city could have a nuke dropped on it and I'd still want the ashes to burn. There's a difference between "a wee bit of challenge" and "nearly impossible to take 5 steps." This city requires you to be good at MGS game play to enjoy, and I can't do that. I suck at stealth. I don't mind it when they require stealth for a quest or two. I get it, appeal to as many as you can, and a quest or two doesn't throw me into fits of rage usually. But an entire city that takes up a quarter of the zone and three quarters of the zone's content? The rage didn't end until I could fly. Even then there are times I'm easily triggered into rage due to pure habit.
    It was never impossible to take 5 steps unless you set out with no good plan for where you were going and how to get there. Did you never use the rooftops? For observing guard patterns and planning your route? Suramar rewarded those with patience to scout and plan, as we should always have to do in enemy territory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Great concept, great art, great theme... terrible execution. The story seemed interesting but it was paced so terribly that I stopped caring.

That's a shame, because now the story is there in one piece to be played at your own pace. I am enjoying it now even more than the first time.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Indeed, Suramar looks and feels amazing. Most likely the best fantasy city I've ever seen in any video game.

IDK about the people saying it was horrible to quest in...it was pretty fun and awesome for me? I wonder what their reason is - oh no, I can't fly and drop in at my questgiver, I actually need to plan a route???? !!!!

I'd very much like our current capitols to have the same treatment. I have a mental night elf boner over thinking of how cool Darnassus could be when given the Suramar treatment.

Oh boy I need a minute.

i loved every part of suramar city questing.

i hope it somehow becomes a hub for us one day
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

"some of us". Key words you said yourself.
    Nothing is going to be universally appealing.
    For myself, a lot of it was ruined by the tedious, and continued detection mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

Can't really argue with the sentiment there.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-10-08 at 12:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Worst zone in WoW. With the most annoying-time-gated-retarded quest line, that also was mandatory for flying. I was finished with my other achievement about 3 weeks before I could finish Suramar, because why not demand Exalted reputation and also provide only a handful of (retarded) quests each day.

I have no idea how could someone playing a class without aggro drop could stand that shit. Watching some poor fucking warriors getting rekt, while trying to escape in a futile and ridiculous manner, was the only fun I had in there.

The city was indeed beautiful, but also completely not practical and fun for a video game. Getting from point A to point B was absolutely fucking nightmare, and last I know games should be fun, not torture.

Drop a manabomb over Darnassus and make this the new elven capital!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Too purple and too elven. Delete it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I really really liked it, amazing design and the questing felt unique. And i don't even like elves :P
    BTW it's pretty amusing to see how many here are to lazy to actually search for a route or anything like that. But thats the WoW community for you, crying that the game is to easy and flying makes it to fast, but on the other hand crying that walking in certain areas is taking to long

Deleted
    I think the detector mobs should have been phased out when you reach a certain point in the quest chain but other than that it was a pretty cool piece of content

Deleted
    Looks pretty but... what are you hiding?!

Frustration! Alot of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Playing through this on an alt for the AP (so much AP at current AK), and realizing again how well done it was. Great art, best city (only real city), engaging game play, solid tie-ins with dungeons and raid, and some really good story telling. They had to listen through some players complaining about it being too hard or inconvenient, but some of us appreciated a wee bit of challenge in world content for a change. This is as good as anything Blizz has ever done, imho, and we can only hope the team responsible can come up with something comparable for next xpac.
    Why should we appreciate the worst max-level-zone in the game?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Imo it's the best questing zone we've had so far. Tons of quests with tons of lore (that I don't even really care about yet still enjoyed), it all lead up to the opening of a raid and it was also kind of challenging at first when we had crappy gear.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ancient Mana farming and Repgates aside, Suramar will be something I will fondly remember all throughout the years about Legion. It's such a pretty place that just brims with life yet feels oppressive and sinister at the same time.

Probably the coolest thing in Legion.

Imagine if they had made this the capital player city instead of just re-using the same one from 8 years earlier?

The only great thing in Suramar is the voice acting.

10+ Year Old Account
    capital cities should be similar, with houses where people actually live in
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I'm still after a toy I'm missing from the Withered Army training scenario... I am sick of Suramar.

10/10 city, amazing in every sense the looks the gameplay the questline the story etc, only way it falls flat a bit is replayability but i don't care because it was so amazing the first time round.

only people who hate it are shitters who want zerg faceroll content and love the easiest mode possible, and really who cares about those people go clear molten at level 110 and act like you're good because you hate a challenge. How dare you not do everything first try, overpower everything or consider an enemy fortress a place that has 4 weak guards. About time enemies were everywhere and you're not a god rolling face.

suramar > shitters.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2017-10-08 at 09:18 PM.