Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This is more like 10 years of complaints that they keep making the game antisocial. Where have YOU been?

- - - Updated - - -

This issue is one of those things where most forum goers will disagree with but you MUST ignore forums because forums are traditionally filled with antisocial people. The opinion on THIS matter is very biased on forums. You cannot listen to people who want this feature. Ever.
    Oh the irony. So painful to watch.

I think it's good for when I just don't want to talk to anyone.

Methinks OP is one of the people that made me want the feature.

the dont turn yours offline. Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Methinks OP is one of the people that made me want the feature.
    hahaha yea exactly!
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    You seem awfully adamant about stamping out other peoples opinions.
    It's Kokolums. Anything that isn't Vanilla WoW is his PTSD trigger.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Appear offline is alternative to not having any realid friends at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

I love it, don't have to get pestered while playing D3 to come heal this, come heal that on an off night.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Interesting OP. I have always suspected that some people enjoy and appreciate the forced socialization that most Blizzard games impose on players.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So why are those people on your friends list?
    Sent me a request
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Btw OP, how bad does it feel to know that this feature isn't going away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

No thanks. Steam has had this feature since forever and they seem to be doing fine. Somehow I think Blizzard will manage to survive with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So why are those people on your friends list?
    For convenience. Even in real life you can get phone calls or text messages that you just don't want to answer (you're busy, sick, etc.). And it's not like friendships are 100% free of annoyances or fights.

Not having the option is as bad as Apple's read/unread feature for text messages. Sometimes you just can't answer and won't bother getting yourself in a long conversation that can amount to nothing.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-10-07 at 09:55 PM.

I will play WoW the way I want to fucking play it despite what you think. If I don't want to socialize, I won't. I'll take that appear offline option and use it just to spite you.

Deleted
    wow dropped in subs because of antisocial playerbase? well... all they did was adding more and more social bullcrap into the bnet app and the game.
    and as you said.... subs dropped...

they added so much "compare your **** size with your friends imediatly even if they play "insert blizzardgameXY" 24/7 and you play once a month.. see how bad you compare to your fiends. see how good you do against your friends who rarly play this game...

yeah well..

all we need now is an "MAKE PROFILES PRIVATE OPTION" so that people dont feel the "i need to compete at every minute i play these games" (because you can check every single statistic on the fly (overwatch) or even when you finish a rift you are instantly shown on "leaderboards" where people who are playing 24/7 are compared with people who play a week in the whole season etc).

THIS DRIVES PLAYERS ESPECIALLY NEW PLAYERS AWAY. IT DOENST SOAK THEM IN. (oh let me just check his arena rating so i can shut down his arguments with "lul get gud scrub").

it drives me away from games... because instead of playing once a month (which is all blizz cares about... MAUs) in dont play at all because i get **** put into my face as soon as i log on.
    and i think im not the only one.

yeah blizzard loves the idea that people just could make smurfaccounts... but how about no.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's bullshit if the people appearing offline can see who's online. In that case, appear offline just becomes a "submarine" mode where you can see them but they can't see you.

Complainers MUST be removed from this server.

Which do you think is more likely to happen?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Sometimes I just want to log in, do my world quests, knock out some crafting, and log out. I don't feel like getting whisper-bombed by people on those days. You're free not to use the feature.
    ^this.

I just logged in to do my class order hall stuff, I'm not doing anything else and I want to get it done as fast as possible so I can go do something else offline. Every time I have to stop to type a message the amount of time it takes me to finish increases.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Btw OP, how bad does it feel to know that this feature isn't going away?
    HE is probably about to respond, he JUST needs some time to collect his thoughts. He WON'T let anyone here SHUT him down. Buckle UP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Budong wins clever use of boldtext.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

To answer the title:

No, no it shouldnt.