Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What will the next OW hero be?

Tank, Defense, Offense, or Support?

I personally hope its a support hero. Also I feel that Symmetra should be considered a defense hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve heard rumours of a non healing support. Hoping for a Healer though. Definitely don’t need another DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post

I personally hope its a support hero. Also I feel that Symmetra should be considered a defense hero.
    What difference does it really make if symmetra is considered a defence hero or support? It's like arguing over whether a car should be labeled a sports car or a racing car when you are not going to use it in sports or racing but rather just to drive to work. It makes 0 difference in the game since you are not limited to 2 defence or 2 support in a comp game. In fact the only place it makes a difference is in the arcade support only mode and there I am glad to have her since she is pretty much the only thing that can break an entire party full of healing whose control point is just outside the spawn point.

It makes 0 difference in the game if she is labeled support or defence and the entire argument is based on feelings rather than any actual difference it would make in the game.

She strides the line between defence and support because she at one time gave people shields as an ability she could spam and her ults are shields in aoe or teleport which is basically 6 isntant on demand rez's.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-10-08 at 04:13 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it really should be another support but I really want more junker queen in my life.

Deleted
    Hopefully support because the game doesn't need more DPS atm. Need a mechanically demanding healer.

1 Tank, 1 Support, 2 Attack.... need a defense, anti-air or something

10+ Year Old Account
    The game desperately needs healers.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    What difference does it really make if symmetra is considered a defence hero or support?
    Because when you shift Symmetra over to defense the dearth of true support/healing heroes becomes abundantly clear. She also seems out of place in the support lineup.

Pretty much everyone wants another support and I'm sure Blizzard isn't dumb enough to release something that isn't a support at this state of the game.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-10-09 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post

i think it will be a defense hero...seeing as we gotten: dps 2x, healer,tank so far ( and yes they need to move symmetra she is not a support. Tjorborn supports more )

What do i want: A defense or support hero.

What kind of support: A healer that is like mercy a true healer. Not a dps that can heal...Maybe the hammand ape, or a dog ( like some fan made concept art)

what kind of defense: Either someone who can block or slow fast movers ( a friend for mei ) against the fast movers ( we have a lot of mobile hero's right now). Or something that is longer range to deal with pharah/mercy from range. But not a sniper. Say dva out of mech pistol crossed with soldiers gun ( but slower) so it does damage when you hit with it. But to snipe with it is impossible.

they also need to fix:
    Hanzo: His freaky arrow hits ( he either missed completely or hits you to good), his scatter arrow of doom ( that also is to good) or his ult that charges way to fast ( has been like this since launch).

Winston: His ult should not react to movement things like lucio's boop, junkrats trap etc. He is to easy to gun down in apeshit form, harder to control, and pretty much every movement thing works against him.

Doomfist: Just like reinhard and roadhog..he hits things he should not be able to hit. His main attack grabs you when it should not.

Orisa: Her ( its?) halt should be fixed. To many times it brakes ( like roadhogs hook) even tough the here is not out of range or behind something. And its range should be a bit larger.

- - - Updated - - -

What difference does it really make if symmetra is considered a defence hero or support? It's like arguing over whether a car should be labeled a sports car or a racing car when you are not going to use it in sports or racing but rather just to drive to work. It makes 0 difference in the game since you are not limited to 2 defence or 2 support in a comp game. In fact the only place it makes a difference is in the arcade support only mode and there I am glad to have her since she is pretty much the only thing that can break an entire party full of healing whose control point is just outside the spawn point.

It makes 0 difference in the game if she is labeled support or defence and the entire argument is based on feelings rather than any actual difference it would make in the game.

She strides the line between defence and support because she at one time gave people shields as an ability she could spam and her ults are shields in aoe or teleport which is basically 6 isntant on demand rez's.
    Simple.

She seems out of place. It also makes it look like we have a even roster...witch we do not. ( and when not if a queue system like WoW dungeon comes she is in the wrong place). And why put any hero in a group if it does not matter what car it is.

Or using your car analogy: You might take your sports care to work. But seeing as you are 1 of 4 people driving with you. But your sports car only has 2 seats...so that is going to be a problem.

And yes at 1 time she gave shields...like a months ago. But she is in a good place now...as defense hero. Her teleport and shield gen work fine.. But are taking out with ease. And yes teleport could be a support thing...but her shield is like tjorborns armor...should we move tjorborn??
    And support can heal or support the rest of the team the whole match. By healing them....or supporting them. Symmetra can only do that when she has her ult ( and until it goes away again)

Why do "need" a healer? The existing ones aren't fun to play? Or is it just that people that prefer playing as healer in general want some more variation?
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Why do "need" a healer? The existing ones aren't fun to play? Or is it just that people that prefer playing as healer in general want some more variation?
    Variety. Need some more hybrid and genuine support heroes that offer utility as well as healing.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    i think it will be a defense hero...seeing as we gotten: dps 2x, healer,tank so far ( and yes they need to move symmetra she is not a support. Tjorborn supports more )

What do i want: A defense or support hero.

What kind of support: A healer that is like mercy a true healer. Not a dps that can heal...Maybe the hammand ape, or a dog ( like some fan made concept art)

what kind of defense: Either someone who can block or slow fast movers ( a friend for mei ) against the fast movers ( we have a lot of mobile hero's right now). Or something that is longer range to deal with pharah/mercy from range. But not a sniper. Say dva out of mech pistol crossed with soldiers gun ( but slower) so it does damage when you hit with it. But to snipe with it is impossible.

they also need to fix:
    Hanzo: His freaky arrow hits ( he either missed completely or hits you to good), his scatter arrow of doom ( that also is to good) or his ult that charges way to fast ( has been like this since launch).

Winston: His ult should not react to movement things like lucio's boop, junkrats trap etc. He is to easy to gun down in apeshit form, harder to control, and pretty much every movement thing works against him.

Doomfist: Just like reinhard and roadhog..he hits things he should not be able to hit. His main attack grabs you when it should not.

Orisa: Her ( its?) halt should be fixed. To many times it brakes ( like roadhogs hook) even tough the here is not out of range or behind something. And its range should be a bit larger.

- - - Updated - - -

Simple.

She seems out of place. It also makes it look like we have a even roster...witch we do not. ( and when not if a queue system like WoW dungeon comes she is in the wrong place). And why put any hero in a group if it does not matter what car it is.

Or using your car analogy: You might take your sports care to work. But seeing as you are 1 of 4 people driving with you. But your sports car only has 2 seats...so that is going to be a problem.

And yes at 1 time she gave shields...like a months ago. But she is in a good place now...as defense hero. Her teleport and shield gen work fine.. But are taking out with ease. And yes teleport could be a support thing...but her shield is like tjorborns armor...should we move tjorborn??
    And support can heal or support the rest of the team the whole match. By healing them....or supporting them. Symmetra can only do that when she has her ult ( and until it goes away again)
    Seems out of place is language used to express how you feel rather than how things are. Your feelings do not verify how things are.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

People want variety. Some of it is probably hoping a healer that is fun for them to play since they'd rather not heal, some of it is people like me who play healer so often a variety would be nice.
    Don't really need one, but with so many heroes in Attack and Defense, would be nice to have more options in the other 2.

The next Overwatch hero will be badly designed.

There you go, ultimate catch all prediction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly variety, but would also be nice for Arcade matches where a round win locks that character. Right now there are four healers, and since most matches are still running two healers, it basically means there isn't a lot of selection for those options. You get to pick from a grand total of three characters - whatever is left after the other guy picks. Zenyatta also can't do a shitton of healing outside of his ult and Ana requires decent aiming skill, which really limits it further if those picks don't make sense for your team's needs or your skillset.

Support also still seems to be the hardest role to get people to pick, so having something fresh with novelty to it might increase pick rates.

But, yeah, it's not a literal need. But we do have a lot of DPS picks between offense and defense and there are plenty of popular tanks, while there are few supports and one of those slots is taken up by Symmetra.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It's gonna be that Chimp from Lunar Colony, probably a support of some kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to the above comments, part of the game is supposed to be swapping to counter the enemy team's strategy.

With healers, there's no point 90% of the time, since the "counters" work against all the healers anyway.

If we had healers like "melee-focused cone healer who can deal decent damage in close range but is garbage past 15'" or "'healer' that provides active barriers/shields to mitigate incoming damage rather than healing it back", there'd be solid justifications for swapping around. The melee healer could be an absolute bruiser to flankers like Reaper/Genji/Tracer, forcing them to back off. The damage mitigator could work as a buffer to save teammates being focus-fired, giving them crucial seconds to get back to safety (think Zarya's bubbles but moreso). I'm sure we could come up with more concepts, and I'm sure Blizzard has plenty themselves, but the point remains; we don't have a ton of options for healers, when there ARE tons for other roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It's gonna be that Chimp from Lunar Colony, probably a support of some kind.
    A support villain? That doesn't sound right. I guess he could play a mastermind role and remotely place turrets and shields, or buff his allies.

Athena would probably fit as support or defense. Maybe she could place healing turrets.

Seems out of place is language used to express how you feel rather than how things are. Your feelings do not verify how things are.
    ????? what are you talking about.

Question: what do you think the next hero is.
    Answer: this + reason why

I only used "emotion" to clarify why i think it should be a certain type of hero.

As for the fixes list... i always type that when people ask about the new hero. Because we currently have hero's that have problems but are not talk about.

As for the car bit ( i think you mean that)....you used to yourself. And i think my analogy is correct.