Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    What point are you even trying to argue with such a stupid as fuck analogy.
    I am trying to say just because you're imaginative enough for immerse in something, doesn't mean that "Something" is immersive.

You took WoW's aesthetic and auditory immersion and stopped there, I don't. I want to feel like a unique character making unique choices, not having everything predetermined for me, it would be better if those choices are what a reasonable person would make, yet in WoW we have A LOT of quests and choices where our characters behave extremely out of character or like morons, yet we're forced to do it to "Progress the story".

I can enjoy the environment and the music, but actually immerse in my character? No.

Deleted
    Stuff that really makes me feel immersed in a game is, the most importen part is soundtrack and atmosfear. I can still recall when i entered Nagrand(TBC) the calm music, eye of the hurricane. When you SAILED, into howling fjord, the nordic music.

10+ Year Old Account
    After this long it has to be story.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Water usually.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Complexity. Depth. Making decisions that matter. Prestige. Server identity. Strong relationships through shared experiences.

Atmosphere. Mood. Strong day and night cycles. Fun gameplay with high skill cap.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    I do not think that there are many things that give immersion, a game is immersive in of it self. If you want to look at immersion in a game i think you should focus on what takes immersion away. The one big offender in this is losing control of your character, it is the one thing that kills of immersion immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Was this just a thinly veiled excuse to complain that nothing has prestige or uniqueness anymore?
    A simple look at their created threads and posts in similar threads? 100% yes. This is just another attempt at talking about their missing prestige of standing around a capital city having people gawk at them. If they aren't railing about how Xmog has ruined the game it is something else from a bygone era they miss.

Something to work towards

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Stuff that makes you more immersed in the world...of warcraft.

To me:
    • Theme: I suddenly start reading quest texts if the quests are about assassin organizations, pirates or vampires. There is this one zone in Stormheim with quests about pirate vampires and objectives for a rogue class hall quest that made me pretty much insanely immersed in the story just because i like the "theme"
    • Story: I like stories of relatable characters and misunderstood villains. I prefer humanoids to monsters and gods
    • Exclusive armors and weapons: I was never a "mount guy" i prefer armors and weapons to show off. If they are exclusive it just makes it more special.
    • Be unique: I like it when games give you the option to be different from everyone else of the same class. Unfortunately there isn't much customization available per class to be "different". Maybe you can be "different" if you have special legendaries
    • Ability to 1v1 players in World/Instanced PvP: Fighting games are my favorite type of games so i pretty much love it when i am able to 1v1 people. I hate it when my class is incapable to duel someone. Makes me feel like a powerful character when i can fight in hand to hand combat against another player.
    Granting me immersion to the world we play in?

Theme.
    Story.
    A goal.
    Transmog, nothing ruins immersion more than being red, green, blue and yellow.
    Content, bosses that can kill people and send people into a reveal that there is a danger.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Poor poor snowflake. Is the fact you're no longer so special becoming harder to bear with each passing week?
    Good.

Deleted
    Small details would make the game more immersive for me, like:

- Npc's that have conversations about things, especially things that helps build the world instead of just about the current threat we are facing. Let the player ask Npc's about stuff, For example; Asking Velen about how life on Argus was, in detail. Or being able to ask Faction Leaders where they are fighting to not make them seem useless.
    - More detailed quest text that says where something actually is, like it used to be. We can always see it on our map, but reading quest text and the npc assuming that you know where he dropped something just doesn't feel right when you are trying to get immersed in the quest.
    - More character development for important npc's that doesn't involve something "epic". There are various ways to advance characters and they are never used. Npc's need to acknowledge eachother more and have opinions about stuff that isn't just "generic one liner" talk.

These are the most prominent things that would help me being more immersed. World building is sadly not a high priority for Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    A simple look at their created threads and posts in similar threads? 100% yes. This is just another attempt at talking about their missing prestige of standing around a capital city having people gawk at them. If they aren't railing about how Xmog has ruined the game it is something else from a bygone era they miss.
    Oh I know, Anduin Menethil and Shadowpunkz both have certain topics they'll discuss, create threads about, and defend like the entire world stands against them.

They're like Jaylock and Tennisace in that you can always tell they made a thread by it's title alone, only they don't dwell in MMOC off-topic.

On topic: Based on some people's answers I feel like this thread is devolving into either what people want in Wow, or what it once had, I have a very hard time believing that those claiming that good pvp or prestige know what immersion is or means.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-10-09 at 03:02 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Stuff that makes you more immersed in the world...of warcraft.

To me:
    • Theme: I suddenly start reading quest texts if the quests are about assassin organizations, pirates or vampires. There is this one zone in Stormheim with quests about pirate vampires and objectives for a rogue class hall quest that made me pretty much insanely immersed in the story just because i like the "theme"
    • Story: I like stories of relatable characters and misunderstood villains. I prefer humanoids to monsters and gods
    • Exclusive armors and weapons: I was never a "mount guy" i prefer armors and weapons to show off. If they are exclusive it just makes it more special.
    • Be unique: I like it when games give you the option to be different from everyone else of the same class. Unfortunately there isn't much customization available per class to be "different". Maybe you can be "different" if you have special legendaries
    • Ability to 1v1 players in World/Instanced PvP: Fighting games are my favorite type of games so i pretty much love it when i am able to 1v1 people. I hate it when my class is incapable to duel someone. Makes me feel like a powerful character when i can fight in hand to hand combat against another player.
    From the list of your likes and dislikes, it sounds like you shouldn't be playing WoW at all.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    From the list of your likes and dislikes, it sounds like you shouldn't be playing WoW at all.
    Dude, i just got a legendary on my rogue that makes me a beast in 1v1 combat i'm so happy
    It's a shoulders that give 100% crit while in stealth and for 5 seconds after you exit stealth.

I can do cheap shot > Killing Spree and almost one shot someone

I'm finally immersed on my rogue and hyped to continue playing him. Just got the legendary today

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The places you visit, the lore of the game so on and so forth. It's not hard, you just lack vision.
    How about you actually counter his argument instead of insulting him unnecessarily?

Deleted
    Dude, i just got a legendary on my rogue that makes me a beast in 1v1 combat i'm so happy
    It's a shoulders that give 100% crit while in stealth and for 5 seconds after you exit stealth.

I can do cheap shot > Killing Spree and almost one shot someone

I'm finally immersed on my rogue and hyped to continue playing him. Just got the legendary today
    You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

I like being dismounted by a bunch of no name demons and not able to reach the rare in time and have to wait for respawn. This gives me a deep feeling of immersion and makes me connected to the lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
    For me a weak person in PvP is a bum. It's a huge part of the game for me.
    I used to roleplay an assassin in Stormwind (as Horde) killing players in the major city. Mainly Mage Tower.
    I would do this all day at one point.

Unfortunately Blizzard did something and now everyone in major cities have the PvP off --____--
    There goes my roleplay down the drain.

Now if i want to kill players i have to go to Argus...it's not the same thing

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    For me a weak person in PvP is a bum. It's a huge part of the game for me.
    I used to roleplay an assassin in Stormwind (as Horde) killing players in the major city. Mainly Mage Tower.
    I would do this all day at one point.

Unfortunately Blizzard did something and now everyone in major cities have the PvP off --____--
    There goes my roleplay down the drain.

Now if i want to kill players i have to go to Argus...it's not the same thing
    ... Or a person who doesn't give two-shits about the pathetic "pvp" that WoW has and always have had. No, ganking isn't immersion.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Or a person who doesn't give two-shits about the pathetic "pvp" that WoW has and always have had. No, ganking isn't immersion.
    But...i'm a rogue, an assassin. I like to roleplay in Stormwind and everyone on the server already knew me for being the stupid rogue in Stormwind killing players.

I'm so sad Blizzard made the change and now everyone is safe in major cities my roleplay is dead