Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    1. thanksgiving is celebrated in more than one country
    2. I don't know how you missed the sarcasm in the post but it happened

It's literally a holiday for an american event. Which other countries are you referring to? Maybe Canada, I guess, there's a fair bit of overlap?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's literally a holiday for an american event. Which other countries are you referring to? Maybe Canada, I guess, there's a fair bit of overlap?
    Canada celebrates it. Not sure if anyone outside NA does. The issue with Thanksgiving, I suspect, is that most of the development/tech/debugging team are in the US.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Canada celebrates it. Not sure if anyone outside NA does. The issue with Thanksgiving, I suspect, is that most of the development/tech/debugging team are in the US.
    Oh I get that most are from the US (although EU actually has their own "subset" of devs to handle issues that arise over here, which most people don't seem to know about). I can see Canada celebrating it, but to someone from scandinavia, that's like saying both norway and sweden celebrates christmas - yea, no fucking shit, they're right next to each other, speak basically the same language and have many of the same values. I'm not sure many europeans bother to make a distinction between Canada and the US, is what I'm getting at (and for all intents and purposes, that's probably not the right way to look at it, but eh). Still doesn't carry much weight when one other country celebrates it, when you've got fifty countries in europe that doesn't.

Oh I get that most are from the US (although EU actually has their own "subset" of devs to handle issues that arise over here, which most people don't seem to know about). I can see Canada celebrating it, but to someone from scandinavia, that's like saying both norway and sweden celebrates christmas - yea, no fucking shit, they're right next to each other, speak basically the same language and have many of the same values. I'm not sure many europeans bother to make a distinction between Canada and the US, is what I'm getting at (and for all intents and purposes, that's probably not the right way to look at it, but eh). Still doesn't carry much weight when one other country celebrates it, when you've got fifty countries in europe that doesn't.
    Sure. I don't expect the relevant WF guilds to be fussed about raiding on an American holiday, but I'm sure they'd like to have the raid development team on duty the first week the raid is open.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    You mean 12.
    Apologies I made a typo. Indeed it'll be around 12 months.
    Thank you for correcting my mistake.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Wait, people are really butthurt by them delaying the raid one week? The 22-week tier length would have dropped it on the 21st, but as I correctly guessed they didn't want to have to support new content release going into the holiday. Hell, most of the devs probably take the entire week off, so they wouldn't even be there on Monday and Tuesday to support the deployment. The 28th just makes sense.

I think we'll survive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    HeY gUYs, tHeY tOtAlY w0Nt Rel4eSe Antorus NeAr ThAnksGivInG. Its such a value'd holiday!
    They didn't. Thanksgiving is the 23rd. Dense much?

You can check the past 10 years of Blizzard patches, never a big content patch within 1-2 days of thanksgiving both before and after. They simply do that so if something is really broken, players don't have to wait for a week to get it fixed.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2017-11-05 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by topmaymay View Post
    Insider info: Nov 28 for normal/heroic and Dec 5 for mythic.
    called it

Deleted
    Some European countries have similar celebrations but they aren't officially recognized, and not the same date either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by topmaymay View Post
    called it
    Called it weeks before you

Oh, we're playing this game? 8/26:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Their current release schedule puts 7.3.5 on November 14th in the NA region, which would mean Antorus releases the following week. However, I'm skeptical of their desire to have people working additional support hours over the holiday weekend (American Thanksgiving) so the raid may be delayed an additional week this time around and launch on the 28th.
    Last edited by The Cheat; 2017-11-05 at 02:59 PM.

Canada already celebrated Thanksgiving.

We celebrate it a good month ahead of you guys (was 9th of October this year IIRC), so yeah, American Thanksgiving is literally a holiday in 1 country. Still, it's the country where the devs are, and it wouldn't make much sense to release a tier while most of the team is off on vacation. We can wait 1 week, in 9-10 months we're all going to be sick of Antorus anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    And it's the country in which Blizzard exists. It's also a 4 day holiday here, with many people leaving the day before (Wednesday) if they travel for Thanksgiving. A non-trivial number of people take off the entire week if they can since they get a week off for only 3 vacation days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smellyflute View Post
    I just can't wait to quote clevin when he's proven wrong. =)
    You were saying?...

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    .... If something isn't releasable on Nov 14th, they won't release it on Nov 21st, Thanksgiving week; they'll just wait a week and release it after the holiday on the 28th/29th. If something isn't done significantly before the 24th of December, they'll just release it early January.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-11-05 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And it's the country in which Blizzard exists. It's also a 4 day holiday here, with many people leaving the day before (Wednesday) if they travel for Thanksgiving. A non-trivial number of people take off the entire week if they can since they get a week off for only 3 vacation days.

- - - Updated - - -

You were saying?...
    After coming on here to smugly quote you, I actually re-read a few of your original posts. I retract my comment. I had missed you saying it could be the 28th. I thought you were one of those "it won't be until January" folks.

7+ Year Old Account
    23 days away.