Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Are there some (nearly) universally liked things in Legion?

I wonder if people who hate Legion for some of the controversial features (RNG, AP, Legendaries, ect.) still have stuff they appreciated about the expansion.

Class Order Halls and Campaign: Sure the quality varies from class to class and you have to do a few garrison style missions which were reduced to an acceptable amount compared to WoD imo, but overall Blizz did a pretty good job designing those. Right...?
    First time I'm playing every class to max and one reason is to try out the class specific quests.

Cast Animations: Not much to say here. Looks way better than before.

Opinions on those? Anything else to add? M+ seems to be pretty popular looking at the poll made here. ~85% approval is damn good for WoW standards.

The new transmog tab.

For me: Animations, new spell effects (let's ignore new shadowform tho), order halls, campaign, decent development pace of new content, world quests, some really decent new lore. Every expansion of WoW is a mixed bag, but for me Legion got more right than it got wrong.

m+ for sure. Though some people could argue about the loot.

I hate the new casting animations. So thats a -1 from me

M+ are very well received, some people hate them but for the wrong reasons like "I can get titanforge items in there so it makes raids less meaningful", the problem being the titanforge system, not the M+ system.

I think it's safe to say everyone loves the Brewmaster staff, it gives a new stance! And it's a beer keg! Okay it's not a feature.

The steady flow of new content has been well received as well even if not all content is liked, the pace is good.

M+ comes first to mind.
    Not too keen on class-halls. The campaign was ok'ish, but the mission table should have gone the way of the Dodo after the WoD fiasco.

that the end is in sight ? lol jk jk, i loved the leveling experience and tbh I really like the artifact weapons and class halls

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Transmog collections probably applies to most players.

Still waiting for expansion news so I know if I have to finish loremaster of zones again on X armor type as I didn't do ALL quests post-cata as many of my characters leveled very quick or were 60+ already way earlier.

+ The fact there's 4 armor types and different weapons so you gotta do it multiple times.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-12 at 03:42 PM.

I think there are some universally hated things like Nomi.

dont think anyone in their right mind has major problems with m+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    I wonder if people who hate Legion for some of the controversial features (RNG, AP, Legendaries, ect.) still have stuff they appreciated about the expansion.

Class Order Halls and Campaign: Sure the quality varies from class to class and you have to do a few garrison style missions which were reduced to an acceptable amount compared to WoD imo, but overall Blizz did a pretty good job designing those. Right...?
    First time I'm playing every class to max and one reason is to try out the class specific quests.

Cast Animations: Not much to say here. Looks way better than before.

Opinions on those? Anything else to add? M+ seems to be pretty popular looking at the poll made here. ~85% approval is damn good for WoW standards.
    I can't believe that any one really preferred the old mop-style daillies, much less apexis crystal missions, to the current World Quests system. Basically they are more dynamic daillies, so the only people who would prefer the old system are the same sort of people who prefer 2004 animations, incurable nostalgics.

I mostly agree with you about the campaign but the lack of an alternative path to 110 is a big deal. Also, the faction-specific levelling is much less distinct than in, say, Wrath.

I am not sure M+ is liked universally. I saw plenty of people hating the feature for various reasons. Ie, plenty were saying that they don't like M+ because they have to run them to stay competitive and they only really want to run raids. Or plenty were really (really) disliking the timer.

I don't think M+ is liked universally enough. It seems to me that there is a relatively small percentage of players who like it and run it and the vast majority don't run it and are either meh or don't like something in the system. Honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    dont think anyone in their right mind has major problems with m+
    See above.

While it was technically in the pre-patch - Legion invasions. Enabled us to level characters 1-100 through them, providing a decent (and fast) alternative to regular leveling.

5+ Year Old Account
    New druid forms are badass af

They hit those out of the goddamn field

Deleted
    m+ is as universally liked as it can get

There will allways be people complaining about every god damn irelevant thing in the game

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I am not sure M+ is liked universally. I saw plenty of people hating the feature for various reasons. Ie, plenty were saying that they don't like M+ because they have to run them to stay competitive and they only really want to run raids. Or plenty were really (really) disliking the timer.

I don't think M+ is liked universally enough. It seems to me that there is a relatively small percentage of players who like it and run it and the vast majority don't run it and are either meh or don't like something in the system. Honest.

- - - Updated - - -

See above.
    your first point is no longer true, except maybe for the once a week 10+
    the timer only really is an issue if you're pushing a key, which is not required if you dont want to deal with mythic+ competitively, so also not a factor

obviously it's not gonna be everyone's favourite, but i cant believe anyone who plays this game will want to see it removed

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone in their right mind has any issue with TF/WF. It's only a negative for the 3% of us that raid Mythic, and even then it's only sometimes a problem. A quick bandaid fix to that would be capping TF just below current tier Mythic, and then allowing Mythic gear to WF. That way we wouldn't obsess over it, and it wouldn't get ruined for everyone else. The only other people who have a problem with it only don't like it because their YouTube heroes tell them so, without ever thinking how good it is for the game overall, so they're clearly not in their right mind.

Mythic+ is a pretty universally liked feature.

I'm going to say Mythic+ and class specific quest lines, and probably Artifact weapons (not artifact power and knowledge, but the weapon and its talent tree)

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I don't think anyone in their right mind has any issue with TF/WF. It's only a negative for the 3% of us that raid Mythic, and even then it's only sometimes a problem. A quick bandaid fix to that would be capping TF just below current tier Mythic, and then allowing Mythic gear to WF. That way we wouldn't obsess over it, and it wouldn't get ruined for everyone else. The only other people who have a problem with it only don't like it because their YouTube heroes tell them so, without ever thinking how good it is for the game overall, so they're clearly not in their right mind.

Mythic+ is a pretty universally liked feature.
    Yeah no, you're completely wrong about WF/TF(your solution to it is reasonable, but that doesn't mean the current implementation is good, and it definitely is not universally liked. If anything it's more or less universally disliked by those 3%, as well as plenty of people who don't raid mythic). It also definitely is not good for the game overall.

The new transmog wardrobe is probably the only one. There's plenty of the new animations/spell effects that are awful(Efflorescence and Healing Rain had their visibility ruined by the changes, Wild Growth cast animation is atrocious), even if the majority are better or at least just as good as the old ones.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU