Poll: Do you want Mythic+ removed?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    My problem isn't with M+ but just with titanforging. They did a really good job solving the AP grinding so I'm very happy with that. The only reason to grind M+ now is for gear, and many mythic raiders do so just to get an edge or to make some more progress. I wish Mythic raids would just drop gear at or very near the forged cap instead of being 25 levels lower like it is right now. I want M+ to be a fun alternative to raiding, not this grind for gear. I want to be able to do a couple with my friends without all of us groaning at the thought of doing more than one a week now.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I really have no issue with having an instance here or there that takes an hour or so. I'm not suggesting everything should go that way, but something that is hard just because it's hard, not just because it needs to be done quickly, would be nice occassionally.
    I guess I don't really see that as a particularly good kind of difficulty.

I mean, to me, the "difficulty" of CC'ing is largely two things:

1) Getting people to coordinate and CC the right targets, with CCs that work, without early-aggro'ing the mobs or whatever. This requires heavy use of symbol-marking, or extremely experienced players (and even then...). It adds a lot of time to the dungeon and 80-90% of that extra time is the tank standing there putting symbols on mobs.

2) Making sure you bring classes/specs who CAN actually CC the mobs you need to CC in the dungeon. That was always a tricky issue, and why my Hunter was super-popular in TBC (because Freezing Trap worked on almost anything), but other classes, that didn't have CC, or didn't have the right CC, were not. Even now, the way CC is given out, some DPS specs don't have CC, or have CC with limited applications, and others have totally awesome CC.

Does standing around watching the tank put Lucky Charms on the mobs make for a better game? I'm not saying the answer has to be no! It could be yes! But that's what you're asking for here. Lucky Charm times to come back.

I guess I don't totally mind hour-long dungeons (though, again, let be real, either they need to reward more - and will thus be abused and/or full of GOGOGOGOGOGO people who think you can cut them down to 20 mins because some group in full Mythic raid gear did it in a Youtube video - or people will avoid them like the plague), but I do think if a lot of that extra time is standing around, maybe don't design it that way?

If they did that they would also need to look very carefully again about who gets CC and how much and what.

Extra option. I don't see a problem with extra options most times.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Strangely I find myself doing that for guildies in mythic+ instead of heroic ones.
    Ya but it's more fun doing harder M+ with guildies than I ever did grinding endless dungeons for them. And with M+ i see at least an AP boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    That has nothing to do with M+ and has been the case for dungeons since vanilla.

No M+ is here to stay (like lfr )

- - - Updated - - -

Then this game and content is not for you.
    Yeah, because this game is only for the most hardcore of the hardcore, please. Go play EVE or Arma and come back. They implemented a LFG for raids, they can do it for mythics - very little of the content in the game is THAT hard that it *requires* a coordinated group. Do you think using the group finder gets you a coordinated group? The only thing it gives you are options of classes and iL, nothing more - it doesn't give you skill or coordination - you can get a super amazing iL999 Rogue who doesn't know how to get out of the fire, or a iL999 Paladin that can tank AMAZINGLY well but won't work with anyone. It can be behind iL barriers, gold proving grounds or whatever - but it CAN be done. Been playing for a decade, I have seen many things come and go; this is easily done and a simple addition to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I'd love to know to, but the only argument I've seen advanced against it, that wasn't some sort of irrational rant was:

1) I am a raider.

2) I believe raiders should derived 100% of their gear from raiding, preferably only raiding one difficulty.

3) It's bad enough that I "have" to raid other difficulties, what an imposition, my monocle often falls out with the horror of it.

4) Mythic+ potentially gives me gear upgrades in a few slots, despite my l337raidertude.

5) This makes me angry, as I do not think I should be required to do any PvE that isn't raiding or raiding prep.

6) The solution to this "problem" is to delete M+ despite its wild popularity. It only appeals to monocle-free plebs anyway.

They are simply uninterested if one suggests ways in which it might be made less beneficial to raiders (i.e. 4 or 6 piece sets aimed at M+ dropping from M+).
    In other words the people who want it gone are those that want WoD back

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    In other words the people who want it gone are those that want WoD back
    The same argument structure has been used all the way back to TBC - back then they used it about Arena gear, and it re-appears pretty much whenever decent gear can be got outside of raids, and when a raider might want that gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    The same argument structure has been used all the way back to TBC - back then they used it about Arena gear, and it re-appears pretty much whenever decent gear can be got outside of raids, and when a raider might want that gear.
    These raiders should learn self control. They're perhaps the biggest issue with wow that there is. Hell it's not even the top % that cry about this but the wanna be elites. If there isn't ways to progress outside of raiding people will just end up leaving. Though I do feel that when it comes to pvp gear should be a non issue and it down to skill. But in the end people should be able to gear outside of raid since raid was only done by under 10% of playerbase pre LFR.

Id like to see other options besides timed runs. Timed runs force players into certain playstyles and limits how dungeons can be designed.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell would I want a form of great, challenging small-group content that provides enjoyment and alternate progression removed? Not that I've even set foot in a Mythic Dungeon yet but it adds longevity to dungeons, gives people something to do other than raids and incentivizes Blizzard to release new dungeons in patches. All good across the board as far as I can see.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.