Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Horde What Was the Hardest Raid Boss in WoW History?

What in your opinion was the hardest raid boss in WoW history. imo pre nerf cthun tops the list... getting critted for 100s of times of your max hp is unthinkable in modern wow. Although Muru from TBC was also up there in terms of difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    4 horsemen for BS requirement, Kael'thas for overall. C'thun doesn't count because he was mechanically broken.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Heroic LK was probably the biggest pain in my balls, but I didn't raid much in Vanilla or BC, I lived (and died) in AV for pretty much the whole time, so I can't speak to those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    4 horsemen for BS requirement, Kael'thas for overall. C'thun doesn't count because he was mechanically broken.
    I.. I actually clicked in on this thread just to said this... you... YOU STOLE MY THUNDER!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Theoracally Kael'thas was never defeated, if you consider that he was only defeated after another major patch came and he was eventually overgeared.

As someone who raided among the worlds best during vanilla to WOTLK I’d say Al’ar was among the hardest before he got nerfed. I think it was only us (Forte) and Nihilum who was able to kill him during that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    So because you don't like the requirements or think it should not apply you don't count them. Nothing machanically was broken on C'thun he was just tuned really hard. So were the 4 horseman but the 4 horseman were doable you just had to know how without three tanks. Get over it.

Sunwell was pretty bloody hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spine of Deathwing was quite a pain. Not the hardest but also a very big pain :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Ragnaros (Firelands) I think?

For us it was M'uru (pre-nerf). The 4 Horsemen did take us quite some time to kill. LK Heroic took us quite awhile also.

Isnt LK the only boss to be killed while enraged?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    So because you don't like the requirements or think it should not apply you don't count them. Nothing machanically was broken on C'thun he was just tuned really hard. So were the 4 horseman but the 4 horseman were doable you just had to know how without three tanks. Get over it.
    Cthun was mathematically impossible and once that was corrected he fell shortly after.

Any of the "Elevator" bosses.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to say the Loading Screen boss.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

15+ Year Old Account
    No pre WotLK boss that's for sure.
    In no possible aspect is 4 HM harder than Ragnaros, Kil Jaeden, Archimonde or Lei Shen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    original naxx required 8 warrior tanks for 4 horseman

guilds would rotate who kill them each week because few could field that many

Deleted
    For me personally Lei Shen Heroic. I'm not counting Vanilla because those were often hard due to shenanigans and it's not comparable to how raiding has evolved ever since.

M'uru and KJ for overall in SWP. A worthy mention are also the 4 Horsemen in Naxx due to all the requirements, grinding and raid-clearing you needed to do with your guild in order to gear up.

Heroic LK. Isn't he the only boss that only one guild killed in his hardest form?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    M'uru and KJ for overall in SWP. A worthy mention are also the 4 Horsemen in Naxx due to all the requirements, grinding and raid-clearing you needed to do with your guild in order to gear up.
    I don't know why people mistake grinding with difficulty. Maybe grinding is difficult if you have a disability I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro