Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    People raid for the challenge. Gear only serves as help to overcome the next difficulty so you have another challenge. And tmog well, raiders are the first to obtain them. People will eventualy get it too, but months/years later.

Deleted
    Yeak ikr look at all those stupid people going into mythic tomb each week. Ill just solo it in a few years.

Btw guys did you know the cake is a lie? XD

Well it is catchup gear now but there has always been a strong element of leaving behind content and hours of hard work every time a new tier or expansion came out. It's one of the first lessons you learn as a raider that nothing you suffered for really matters a few months later.

When wow was growing and had over 10 million subs, the answer to your question was there was a vibrant in game community and you enjoyed interacting with the people on a daily basis. The community WAS the hook. Now that theyve destroyed that community, there is no reason, as evidenced by the collapse in subs. Not even showering players in content can replace the power of a strong community to attract gamers.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Did Jaylock get banned? Or is this a disciple?

There is no point in gear up.

The point of the game is to have fun doing whatever you like. If you don't like doing anything, then don't play the game.

Why even play WoW if it's going to shutdown one day and nothing you did in the game will matter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    Wow I am speechless with such compelling argument.

I stand defeated.

Mods please close this thread.

/s
    I agree 100% with him.

Why bother raiding and why bother living ?
    Because raids are fun, because life is fun !

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I basicly defeat the boss on normal the first week and then unsub until the next patch.

Yes, I could kill it every week but why would I?

The catch-up gear is so generous since WotLK that there is no reason to raid to get gear for the next tier if they are going to give you much better items by doing a few quests at the start of the next patch.

If I want the mog I just have to wait until next expansion and then I will be able to kill the bosses with a fart.

I don't see the point.
    This has to be a joke/troll.

I mean, if not, GW2 is your game, not WoW.

Yeah I hate it too, unfortunately, by purchasing WoW, you sign into lifelong contract of finishing all content there is on timed schedule AND then farm it retrospectively on every alt and possible new main.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice "cleverly" disguised whine. You raid because you enjoy raiding. End of story. Whether you enjoy pugging normal/heroic, or working with a guild to down heroic, or dedicating yourself to clearing Mythic. You do it because you enjoy it.

If someone going and facerolling it an expansion later and getting a transmog somehow takes away from your experience, well ... yeah. That's kind of sad.

It's about the journey, not the destination.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I basicly defeat the boss on normal the first week and then unsub until the next patch.

The catch-up gear is so generous since WotLK that there is no reason to raid to get gear for the next tier if they are going to give you much better items by doing a few quests at the start of the next patch.

If I want the mog I just have to wait until next expansion and then I will be able to kill the bosses with a fart.

I don't see the point.
    Raiding is an interesting as itself. Raiding for gear is pointless, that's correct. Gear itself is pointless, it's just a bunch of pixels, why would anyone want it is outside of my comprehension. The only use for gear is to help with raiding. And raiding is about socializing, killing hard bosses as a team, learning new mechanics, honing the skill, overcome social issues. Now that's an interesting part of the game.

Deleted
    Wow I am speechless with such compelling argument.

I stand defeated.

Mods please close this thread.

/s
    Well, it's like, what's the point of going to the cinema, if the movie will be streamed for free in few months. It's about having fun.

I don't see the point.
    Probably because Mythic and Normal aren't even the same. You beat a dumbed down and much easier version of the boss. So you half assed it, and are dancing around like you won. Normal is friend/family level raiding. It isn't mythic raiding. With normal gear you'll get much better items without raiding...but with mythic gear....not so much, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    There is no point in gear up.

The point of the game is to have fun doing whatever you like. If you don't like doing anything, then don't play the game.
    Pretty much this, or gear up to the point where you can do other stuff you like to do. If you just like collecting bytes on a server then your time may be better spent doing other stuff and playing other games. But I get where you're coming from.

With Titanforging this expansion, you're right it's tough to go back and do raids each week when you can run mythic + at a much quicker rate. The tier bonuses are all that's worth seeing out of raids. Alot of people in my raid team are outgearing the base gear that is dropping by 25+ ilvls. It's kind of crazy

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was going to buy a car to get to work and get my kids to school, but then I realized that it'll need to be replaced in several years, so I changed my mind. I walk. It's only 25 miles each way.

I was going to buy a cell phone, but there will just be a new model out next year. If anyone needs to get ahold of me, they can use the mail.

I'd buy clothes, but sooner or later I'd have to buy new clothes to replace them. The nice police officer informed me that while it is technically not illegal to walk 25 miles to work in just my tighty whities, he'll have to arrest me for causing a disturbance if I continue to insist on walking by the elementary school when kids are arriving in the morning.

I'd buy a computer, but they go obsolete so fast! I'm using the internet at the library right now. Getting rude stares from a lot of people though. Not sure why. Hey, I see that cop from the school coming over to talk to me. Gotta go!

If getting carried through normal mode is all you need from this game then you have a valid point.