Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    So I basicly defeat the boss on normal the first week and then unsub until the next patch.

Yes, I could kill it every week but why would I?

The catch-up gear is so generous since WotLK that there is no reason to raid to get gear for the next tier if they are going to give you much better items by doing a few quests at the start of the next patch.

If I want the mog I just have to wait until next expansion and then I will be able to kill the bosses with a fart.

I don't see the point.
    By that definition, it has always been that way since TBC...
    Stop whining.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

This is a troll post but why even beat it once? Just wait 5 years and solo it later. But why solo it 5 years later too? It's pointless.

Deleted
    So I basicly defeat the boss on normal the first week and then unsub until the next patch.

The catch-up gear is so generous since WotLK that there is no reason to raid to get gear for the next tier if they are going to give you much better items by doing a few quests at the start of the next patch.

If I want the mog I just have to wait until next expansion and then I will be able to kill the bosses with a fart.

I don't see the point.
    then pls quit wow and mmoc forever jaylock and be done with it. tia!

ps: you dont raid for the gear thats just a bonus.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I was going to buy a car to get to work and get my kids to school, but then I realized that it'll need to be replaced in several years, so I changed my mind. I walk. It's only 25 miles each way.

I was going to buy a cell phone, but there will just be a new model out next year. If anyone needs to get ahold of me, they can use the mail.

I'd buy clothes, but sooner or later I'd have to buy new clothes to replace them. The nice police officer informed me that while it is technically not illegal to walk 25 miles to work in just my tighty whities, he'll have to arrest me for causing a disturbance if I continue to insist on walking by the elementary school when kids are arriving in the morning.

I'd buy a computer, but they go obsolete so fast! I'm using the internet at the library right now. Getting rude stares from a lot of people though. Not sure why. Hey, I see that cop from the school coming over to talk to me. Gotta go!
    Quality post, no sarcasm! 10/10 IGN would read again
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

There really is no reason to do anything ever. Everything you ever do will be irrelevant some day. It's fun to do until you realize that there's no point in doing it, that is the cycle that everyone goes through for everything that they've ever done.

Why play any game normally if you can just use cheats? We raid because we enjoy the challenge.

Deleted
    Just paint that BC title on your head and keep telling random people in the streets how important it makes you, Jaylock.
    I promise it will feel a lot better.

I don't see the point.
    To play the game and enjoy it with friends? Why even live?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

To each their own, no harm in that.

Some people want to get the best gear possible with each patch/raid and so they keep killing bosses over and over. That's fine.

Some people just wanna relax and have fun with their friends and so they keep killing bosses and joke around more as they get better gear. That's fine.

Some people only care about having experienced the content and as soon as they've conquered a raid they step away and wait for something new. That's fine.

The joy of Warcraft is you can play however you want. You wanna keep fighting? Go right ahead! You just wanna do whatever with your friends and have fun doing it? Have a great time! You want to finish a storyline or raid and once you're done you've had your fill and won't touch it again cuz all you care for is having completed it once? Enjoy it!

And of course, if you wanna go fish and do nothing but fishing, then you have fun fishing! XD

But anyway, everyone plays differently for different reasons. Nothing wrong with that, so have fun doing other things until Antorus/8.0/*insert future content* shows up!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    There is no reason anymore which is why allot of players stoped playing. In fact my TBC guild which was top 20 in EU got disbanded as more and more people started quiting when trial of the crusader came.

it used to be about prestige, same reason why people who play ladder in lol/dota/hearthstone do it to get to legendary/platinum rank.

but now there is no prestige , you will get easy access to gear and transmog in the next patch because the game is not a ladder but is a rollercoster ride where every one pays a ticket and then has to see everething. There is very little competition like in football where you have to beat the other teams and only one team gets the cup while all the other teams dream of being that good to get the cup as well.
    the cup is just handed to everyone for participating.

Some people like the social aspect and the "challenge" i guess. But even if the challenge is too hard the game will patch it and make it more "Accessible"
    That pretty much sums up my opinion and all my friends opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    By that definition, it has always been that way since TBC...
    Stop whining.
    No. Since Vanilla, raiding was a combination of prestige from "looking cool in amazing armor" and "be able to see exclusive content"
    It was a prestige ride all around.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I swear, I would pay to see how Jaylock looks irl, such a troll

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darebel View Post
    I swear, I would pay to see how Jaylock looks irl, such a troll
    It's a legit question though.
    This is a game and games work with incentives.

I'm saying this because this dilema is happening to myself (and i believe others, i can't be the only one).
    I don't feel motivation to raid normal mode because simply there is nothing amazing there to see or to get. Only item level, a stupid number that serves no purpose.

Why should a LFR player raid normal mode? There is no incentives anymore with transmog and LFR on the picture.

What's the point of playing the game if you don't want to play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    What's the point of playing the game if you don't want to play the game?
    To socialize with the community. The game itself is kinda in the background. But they destroyed that community.

To this day, ALL of my favorite memories from wow come from vanilla and BC and they have to do with the fun things i did with the in game community. There is nothing like that in legion. Legion is just trash for that reason.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-10-10 at 01:51 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I don't see the point.
    why buy a new phone or computer if the old one still works? As long as it can manage the minimum settings in games its fine no? Why see a movie in the cinema when you can wait 6 months and buy it on blueray? Or why buy it at all, wait 2-3 years until its shown on tv for free.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cause its fun?

Wow I am speechless with such compelling argument.

I stand defeated.

Mods please close this thread.

/s
    If you don't see his point, then you don't belong on a forum maybe.

The point is the raiding itself. Not the gear. If you play this game just for gear, why play it at all?

You are correct. Stop playing.

Why not killing yourself right now since you're gonna die anyway?

Deleted
    why create a new thread when it eventually gets lost in time, burried with other older threads ?