10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    The worst/funniest part, is how he must think everyone buys it.
    Nope. He wouldn't keep shrilling FAKE NEWS! into the wind if he thought people bought it. He knows they don't, and it's driving him crazy.

...er.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I am honestly amazed at the level of stupidity in this Alabama BS.
    The stupidity is how you can make excuses repeatedly for a man that doesn't deserve it. You keep saying he's amazing and yet he keeps fucking up.

You want to know why it keeps coming up? Because the fucking president keeps fucking talking about it. He can't let it go so neither should anyone else. If he wants keep doing stupid shit then you should point it out and laugh at him, not make excuses like he's a new temp on the job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Feel free doing what Trump wants you to do. It's your time.
    Ah yes the good ol' "Trump is making you do it, so therefore he's smarter" bit. Or, and this might be a crazy notion, he's an idiot and we should laugh at him each time he does something stupid.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Sharpie president... just... fuck.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

President Trump has tweeted multiple times today about his dubious meteorological claim that initial forecasts for Hurricane Dorian put Alabama at dire risk https://t.co/pcT0RtYPuq
    https://twitter.com/politico/status/...207988224?s=19

This guy is sick,mentally sick. So I guess he has tweeted 3 times today about a hurricane that never threatened Alabama. This story should be over but this sick individual either thru senility or narcissistic personality disorder.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

This guy is sick,mentally sick. So I guess he has tweeted 3 times today about a hurricane that never threatened Alabama. This story should be over but this sick individual either thru senility or narcissistic personality disorder.
    At this point regarding this i fucking pity him. This is just pathetic coming from him.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    At this point regarding this i fucking pity him.
    From the link you quoted:

bore down on the coast of South Carolina, provoked fresh criticism. Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Ind., remarked that "I feel sorry for the president," calling the controversy over the modified map "humiliating" and "an embarrassing moment" for the United States.

"What we're seeing there is literally pathetic," Buttigieg, a Democratic presidential candidate, told CNN. "It makes you feel a kind of pity for everybody involved, and that's not how I want to feel about the president — whether it's for my party or the other."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/05/us-m...twitter%7Cmain

Two U.S. agencies are preparing to submit for final White House regulatory review a plan to revoke California's authority to set its own vehicle greenhouse gas standards and declare that states are pre-empted from setting their own vehicle rules, two people briefed on the matter said on Thursday.
    STATES RIGHTS!

Except when Republicans don't support states rights while seeking to allow more emissions because they don't believe in manmade contributions to climate change, if they believe it at all.

Gotta stick it to them libs in California, though. Even if those California libs have the auto industry on their side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Even if those California libs have the auto industry on their side.
    See...the auto industry will certainly know this attempt will immediately be challenged by California and drag on for years, unless of course President Warren immediately retracts the suit Jan 20, 2021 but still. The auto industry has to work on things like "engineering" and "innovation" and having a specific target in mind helps.

Making an engine that will pass CA emissions, and then CA loses the lawsuit, only leaves the auto industry with cars better than required.

Making an engine that will fail CA emissions, then CA wins the lawsuit, leaves the auto industry with cars they can't sell.

All they have to do is look overseas, realize that Trump can't control the French, Chinese or Zimbabwian industries at all, they're still in the Paris Accord, and do the math.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/05/polit...use/index.html

Fox News senior White House correspondent John Roberts had just finished his 3 p.m. live shot on Thursday when President Donald Trump beckoned him into the Oval Office.

The President had one argument to make, according to an internal Fox email Roberts sent about the meeting provided to CNN.
    "He stressed to me that forecasts for Dorian last week had Alabama in the warning cone," Roberts wrote. "He insisted that it is unfair to say Alabama was never threatened by the storm."

Roberts' analysis of the meeting was that the President was "just looking for acknowledgment that he was not wrong for saying that at some point, Alabama was at risk -- even if the situation had changed by the time he issued the tweet" on Sunday morning, in which he said the state "will most likely be hit." The President also provided Roberts with graphics to make his points.

A White House aide familiar with the Oval Office meeting with Roberts said that Trump also voiced his displeasure about Fox News anchor Shepard Smith's skeptical reporting about the Alabama map.

The President summoned Roberts "to hit back at Shepard Smith," the White House aide said.
    Donald Trump is truly one of the most pathetic men to walk this earth.

Weak. Sad. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The "best" part is that per the GAO's own report, the Interior Department stonewalled the investigation.

Republicans are the party of zero accountability now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Bah you actually think he has the morals to pay up...just his support of trump and the length he is willing to stretch to cover that support. The horrific things he must ignore ..

He does not have the morals to even do that no one would see a dime
    What is the turnips per post to football fields per freedom ratio?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

I mean I gave him way too much benefit of the doubt at first, I didn't think accidentally slipping in Alabama was a big deal. But everything that has come since then is just beyond pathetic. It isn't trolling, it isn't really even deceitful, it is just purely pathetic. While there a million and ten things the president should be focusing on right now, he can't stop bleating about how he didn't misspeak. That sharpie on the map was sad, and these tweets are somehow compounding that.

Sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    A WH advisor who is not anonymous, Rear Adm. Peter Brown, What He Meant Was'd Trump on Alabama in the ongoing effort to convince himself he isn't working for a colossal twat.

These products showed possible storm impacts well outside the official forecast cone.

While speaking to the press on Sunday, Sept. 1, the President addressed Hurricane Dorian and its potential impact on multiple states, including Alabama. The president’s comments were based on that morning’s Hurricane Dorian briefing, which included the possibility of tropical storm force winds in southeastern Alabama.
    Ah, so Trump was using information beyond the official projection, information that was never shared with the public. So Adm. Brown, the National Weather Service forecasts, we're not supposed to use those anymore? I mean, the implication here is that the NWS doesn't give the public the correct information? Surely the important information you showed Trump should be the rule, based on what you're saying?

"Uh..."

Have you actually showed us this information? Do we have any proof it exists, other than your claim 4 days later after Trump went on multiple Trumper tantrums defending what he said? I mean, surely if you had the information, and there was some kind of issue, you could have showed it, right then? Why don't you show it, right now? Like put it in public, and show it, right now?

"Uh..."

Also, you publicly mentioned Puerto Rico was originally in the storm's path. So, could you point to the part of Trump's FEMA hurricane address where he warns Puerto Rico?

"Uh..."

Maybe not the address, then. A tweet?"

"Uh..."

The WH posted pictures of an Aug 29 briefing. You just publicly said there was one Sept 1. Surely you have pictures of that, too?

"Uh..."

And when Trump tweeted today at 4:14PM, and posted four maps of Dorian paths, could you point to the one that was actually from Sept 1?

"Uh...no, they're all Aug 29 and Aug 30."

Tell me, does "Rear Admiral" mean what I think it means in this context?

- - - Updated - - -

So we know Trump is taking $3.6 billion from military contracts signed off on by Congress and instead putting the money towards the Wall. Old news.

$400 million of that was Puerto Rico reconstruction.

The projects whose funding is being stolen are now "deferred" and not officially canceled, but, Congress will have to vote on them again to get them the funding they should have had the first time.

Obviously the Democrats aren't too keen on that right now, as
    a) this comes with the just god-awful timing of Dorian, and
    b) there's no evidence Trump won't just steal the money a second time.

The list is, of course, military construction. At least it's not civilian hospitals or bridges.

Just a reminder, there is as of yet no Wall where there wasn't already fence, and also, there's no known timeline for new Wall either.

Meant to post this. Maybe it was posted.

Cecil Roberts, President of United Mine Workers of America: "Let me say coal's not back. Nobody saved the coal industry. Now that's a harsh fact and it's a harsh reality."

Seems as tho one candidate was right and spoke the truth and another candidate lied about the jobs. But hey a dying industry got deregulation to help bleed out all the money they can before the industry fails.

Unfortunately you have to lie to these people. I guess the empathy you have for them is they know their livelihood is dying. I just wish these people would be a little forward thinking or at least not fall for a conman.

As a Presidential candidate the best thing is to lie to these people. Now if a Presidential candidate from a certain party did this and jobs continued die due to inevitability, they would still get blamed. So lose-lose situation.
    Coal mining went up bigly.

Nine tweets. Five maps. A sharpie-doctored Oval Office display. A national security council statement. Lots of presidential griping. As Dorian crashes into SC, POTUS is focused on defending his inaccurate claim about a threat to Alabama. W/@ToluseO: https://t.co/3MWoO3mMSr
    https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/...925879818?s=19

Yes. Hurricane Dorian is about to likely hit South Carolina and our idiot is still on Alabama. I'm betting more than two tweets today (Friday) and possibly more through the weekend while Dorian hitting coastal US.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2019-09-06 at 05:21 AM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Coal mining went up bigly.
    Belly up, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Look, we just want our president to be a fucking man for once. Own up to his mistakes. Do you know how easy it would be for him to say "I was working on out-dated information, sorry about that." It's what any SANE person would do. But HE drags it on and on, thinking he's owning the libs and fake media, when all he is doing is showing the world what a man-baby he is. It's depressing as all hell.
    For any SANE person doing that requires expectations of other side having courtesy to accept it, not latching upon it for another attack.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    For any SANE person doing that requires expectations of other side having courtesy to accept it, not latching upon it for another attack.
    no it doesn't, being a bigly enough man to own up to your faults doesn't require anything from the other party.
    He is way past that point with this though, even 30 minutes of grovelling wouldn't save him now. for all the horrible things he has done, this is truly the most pathetic one, a gdamn sharpie ??? this is toddler stuff, anyone older than a toddler would have said "woops out of date map, sorry for the inconvenience folks, let's give it our best to help the states that were hit" and done.

but nooooooooo..... he had to make it super duper comical with a magic marker

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Imagine having to make excuses this lame for a pathetic joke of a President in another country just to earn your daily turnip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.