Sheesh, what a week this is turning out to be. Maybe the WH strategy is to let so MANY scandals break at the same time that nobody can focus on any single one for any length of time. A lot of this is pretty indefensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    That would be a good question if you hadn't actually typed what he said you typed and then changed it later.
    Haha, I didn't even know he changed the spelling. I just re-quoted the original quote from when I used it last time. Then I went back and looked just now--he changed it at least two weeks after being called out on it the first time. Not even with an "oops" or "EDIT: Fixed spelling". Just straight up trying to stealth-fix it to make it look like he had it right all along. I'll say it again: Why ANYONE takes the time to respond to him is beyond me. It's beyond "bad-faith" posting at this point and just straight-up sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if they count his deleted tweets that they correct spelling errors in. Like this tweet they deleted and then corrected(because no way does he correct his own tweets).
    Why would you want Christopher Poole stuffed with gators and snakes?
    How many would fit in this man?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    That would be a good question if you hadn't actually typed what he said you typed and then changed it later.
    i went back and magically edit my post 2 months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The times of London is reporting that Trump asked Boris Johnson for help in discrediting the Mueller Report....

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...MW_latest_news

Seems like they reaaaaaally want the sanctions removed from Russia.
    He has asked Barr to go to Australia to discredit what Papadopolous said, Barr went to Rome to listen to some tape that Steele used, and now this. If the Mueller report had "No collusion, and No Obstruction", why is he trying to discredit it? Because it has EXACTLY both of those things in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Can he break this record in October? Stay tuned.

To be fair, only 500 of those were his own tweets. The other 300 were retweets after he spent time searching for people supporting him.
    Of which he retweeted bots, and parody accounts that were making fun of it. Good Times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    A jaw suit?

It might be his best idea to date
    For a minute there as I was reading it, I thought the person that said jaw suit, guess Guiliani, was going to dress up in a shark suit and join the moat that Trump wanted to install on the southern border.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What? Sauce?!
    https://www.axios.com/state-dept-wat...fc9716268.html
    Finally have a written source

Also apparently Pence also put pressure on Ukraine...
    https://splinternews.com/report-trum...e-u-1838723157

So we have the President, the VP, the secretary of state and Rudy freaking Guiliani all involved in putting pressure on foreign countries for election dirt.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

So we have the President, the VP, the secretary of state and Rudy freaking Guiliani all involved in putting pressure on foreign countries for election dirt.
    Which is a federal crime.

Is the Secretary of State immune from all prosecution? Asking for a friend.

I wonder when Republicans will go to Pelosi to make a deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    The GOP can, and might, just publicly admit they don't care now that everyone is involved. Why not? That way, at least they salvage up to 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The GOP can, and might, just publicly admit they don't care now that everyone is involved. Why not? That way, at least they salvage up to 2020.
    They could possibly run a defense for Pence. Blame it all on Trump. Or make a deal with Democrats to let Pence appoint a new VP before resigning. Something like that.

But I don't know, the way things are going if the GOP does nothing then 2020 is going to look very bad for them.

Oh apparently Rudy is the source of some of those documents....

Oh apparently Rudy is the source of some of those documents....
    Which pretty much means, they are all batshit insane conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    In this case, he can pull some "Resigning because the Republicans refuse to stand up to the evil dems" speech, and then go make millions on publicity tours telling his base how mean everyone was too him.
    That always seemed like the most likely long game for this presidency.

Sure..he can resign. New York is waiting for him, and better sooner than later.

10+ Year Old Account
    NBC News sums up the day:

Trump's day of rage: Profanity, false accusations and a press spat

The shitshow continues.

If anyone missed the pages upon pages, this will get you caught up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Is trump trying to lose Wisconsin?
    No, more information has become available. Trump is not trying to lose Wisconsin.

He's trying to lose Nebraska, too!

Hundreds of cattle ranchers rode into Omaha, Nebraska, on Wednesday -- some on horseback -- hoping to get a message to President Donald Trump: They're not happy.

Cole Avery, who's been running a cattle ranch for three years in Mississippi, said he drove 18 hours to be at the rally. He said he works a second job in order to provide for his family.

"I hope that we can be seen and rock the boat a little bit," Avery, who voted for Trump, said.

He hopes Trump will see how the people who voted him in are struggling.

"Because if it wasn't for them, he wouldn't have gotten there in the first place," he said.

Despite Trump's frequent claims about helping farmers, he hasn't changed a 2015 policy allowing imported beef to be labeled as "Product of the USA" if it's processed and packaged in the US. Ranchers say that means their US-raised beef looks the same as foreign beef to consumers -- and that Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue hasn't listened to their concerns.

"We feel very strongly that Secretary Perdue has backed out on America's family farmers and ranchers, and is representing transnational agribusiness' interest against the family farmers' interest," said Joe Maxwell, a fourth-generation hog farmer and former Democratic lieutenant governor of Missouri.

"It gives very little room for America's cowboys and cowgirls to have a fair opportunity to sell their cattle," Maxwell added.

The US Department of Agriculture did not respond to a request for comment for this story.

Last year, the Organization for Competitive Markets and the American Grassfed Association filed a formal petition with the Department of Agriculture to change the labeling standards. But the agency hasn't taken action to change the rule.

Those two groups, along with 18 others, organized the rally held on Wednesday. They're also asking for labeling requirements to be written into the proposed US-Mexico-Canada Agreement, which Trump hopes will replace the North American Free Trade Agreement.

They also want Trump to cease efforts to reopen the US market to Brazilian beef. Earlier this year, Trump met with Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro and agreed to take steps to reopen the market, which has been closed to fresh beef since 2017 after some shipments failed safety checks.
    There's a bit to unpack here.

1) Near as I can tell, the requirements for beef "made in the USA" is about the same for cars "made in the USA". In other words, you can bring over parts and assemble them, BOOM, American car. I'm not agreeing with this policy, by the way.

2) I'm willing to bet that most of that imported "American" beef is imported by agribusinesses. I have no data to back that up but I'd still bet Ben and Jerry's level of money on it.

3) Trump very likely worked out a deal with Brazil, for which he had to agree to bring Brazil beef to the USA. If Trump backs out of this deal -- yeah, imagine that, Trump backing out on a deal, that'd be a first, sarcasm! -- Brazil would to, and probably stop upholding their end.

4) Oh, and no way is anything new getting into NAFTA 1.0.0.2 because then the whole process would start all over again.

But here's the best part.

A trade deal signed last week by Trump opened up the Japanese market to US beef and pork producers. But while it was considered a win by cattle ranchers, it only gives them about the same level of access to the Japanese market as they would have gotten under the Obama-era Trans-Pacific Partnership in the first place. Trump pulled out of the 11-country deal as one of his first acts as President, opting for a bilateral agreement instead.
    Yep. A win for Trump, is "going back to the Obama situation".

I don't think he would ever resign. The moment he steps a toe out of office he will be in a shitstorm of legal trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I don't think he would ever resign. The moment he steps a toe out of office he will be in a shitstorm of legal trouble.
    I'm pretty sure the day he leaves office is the day new york issues a warrant for him.

Why would she make a deal? She becomes President in the middle of next year (ok only for about 6 months) if she just holds her ground.

It's possible that in January of 2021, Elizabeth Warren will be sworn in as the 2nd female President ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, this might be the moment Nickelback redeem themselves:

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time they waited until it was too late and precipitated the impeachment, I doubt they learn from that mistake.
    /s