The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    His deplorable ridiculousness seems to know no bounds....
    Um...this might be medical. He might have trouble grasping small items -- hence, Sharpie. There are a variety of issues that can cause this, from arthritis to being high on uppers to having had a stroke. We already know other people tweet for him when he dictates sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I would support a law requiring bidets in all bathrooms.
    Communal toilets and sinks are individually bad enough. I don't wanna know how a combo of the two would fair.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.propublica.org/article/i...er-patrol-care

CBP put a kid with a serious fever into a cold, damp cell with another suck asylum seeker, rather than sending him to the hospital. They then checked up on him, and were supposed to send him to the hospital if his symptoms got worse, multiple times throughout the night.

His symptoms got worse. They did nothing.

And the teenager died.

And then they lied about it, which is totally not remotely suspicious.

End ICE. End the CBP. End these agreements with detention centers. Restart it all from scratch, but without the overt, intentional cruelty.
    Just do like Obama did, get them in detention centers, and deport them as soon as they can. Trump's deportation courts are at a stand-still, and the concentration camps keep filling up to the sky, higher and higher. Wonder why Trump, who's getting kick backs from the prison industry, would want immigrants to stay in the US, in these for profit concentration camps... I can't quite figure it out.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

How do you think republicans would react if a terrorist that happened to be muslim, comitted a terrorist attack, and it was obama who invited them to come here to train right after their country just murdered a washington post jouranlist critical of their nation, dont you think republicans would blame obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.propublica.org/article/i...er-patrol-care

CBP put a kid with a serious fever into a cold, damp cell with another suck asylum seeker, rather than sending him to the hospital. They then checked up on him, and were supposed to send him to the hospital if his symptoms got worse, multiple times throughout the night.

His symptoms got worse. They did nothing.

And the teenager died.

And then they lied about it, which is totally not remotely suspicious.

End ICE. End the CBP. End these agreements with detention centers. Restart it all from scratch, but without the overt, intentional cruelty.
    I will never understand how anyone can find shit like this acceptable. Is a kids life worth scaring away some other brown people?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I will never understand how anyone can find shit like this acceptable. Is a kids life worth scaring away some other brown people?
    With the MAGAts, the cruelty is the point.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    How do you think republicans would react if a terrorist that happened to be muslim, comitted a terrorist attack, and it was obama who invited them to come here to train right after their country just murdered a washington post jouranlist critical of their nation, dont you think republicans would blame obama?
    Context for Those Interested.

And while I don't think the incident itself is something we can put solely at Trump's feet, I'm entirely expecting him to botch and fumble the fallout of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Communal toilets and sinks are individually bad enough. I don't wanna know how a combo of the two would fair.
    Totally off topic I know, but....do you think people wash their hands with a bidet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Lol..... please tell me you're trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Totally off topic I know, but....do you think people wash their hands with a bidet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Lol..... please tell me you're trolling.
    People can't keep sinks clean, and all they're interfacing them with is their hands.

You don't interface with a bidet with your hands.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-12-07 at 10:47 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Meanwhile....https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/us-n...mber-2019.html

Nonfarm payrolls surged by 266,000 in November, better than the 187,000 expected by economists polled by Dow Jones.
    The unemployment rate ticked down to 3.5% from 3.6%, back to the 2019 low and matching the lowest jobless rate since 1969.
    The end of the GM strike had a big effect, boosting employment in motor vehicles and parts by 41,300, part of an overall 54,000 gain in manufacturing.
    Average hourly earnings rose by 3.1% from a year ago, slightly above the 3% expected by economists polled by Dow Jones.
    Look at you trying to to find the most minuscule victory to make it seem like Trump is doing well.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.firstcoastnews.com/mobil...lujMawM68_783c

Seems my little town had an incident with a MAGA Santa. I don't think he should have been fired but he shouldn't have put the hat on. And for anyone who doesn't see a problem, what would you think if it was a pro-Hillary hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Look at you trying to to find the most minuscule victory to make it seem like Trump is doing well.
    Wait, are you saying that DOESN'T make it ok to break the law, violate your oath of office, and rig a presidential election?

Trump is saying we're flushing toilets too much, just like he is with this country
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazkar View Post
    So the bad thing if trump loses in 2020, and a recession hits even if it hits before the Democrat takes office, Fox News will immediately engage the spin machine of "The Democrats completely ruined Trumps Amazing Economy!"
    I don't think they can. At least, not very well.

The economy is tanking now, and worse, Trump made specific, numeric promises. They will be thrown in his face for a year nonstop because he objectively failed to meet them. The Atlanta Fed's Q4 prediction is back up to 2%. The jobs are nowhere near the rate needed for 25 million. The trade war is costing money, jobs in manufacturing, and businesses. And there are hours of videos and hundreds of tweets of Trump saying none of this would happen.

That's bad enough. But it gets worse.

Trump signed the tax cut for the rich, true, but he applies the trade war unilaterally. "Trade wars are good, and easy to win!" will occupy a lot of headlines as his enters its fourth year with no resolution in sight. FOX News can do a lot with a little, but even they have enough professional ethics to avoid flat-out blatant falsehoods. Spin, yes, objective lies, not so much. And we've seen people jump ship, so any attempt to go further from the truth will leave them completely adrift.

FOX News is out for FOX News. They have hours and hours of opinion, but at some point, their headlines have to go up. "Trump delivered on 4% GDP growth" won't be on it. "Trump added 25 million new jobs" won't be on it. "Tax cut for the rich paying for itself" won't be on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The economy is tanking now, and worse, Trump made specific, numeric promises.
    Sadly, all Trump has to do is say "The Do-Nothing Democrats kept me from keeping those promises!" and his moronic base would believe it. It's not true in the least, but facts don't register with them anymore after years of his brainwashing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Sadly, all Trump has to do is say "The Do-Nothing Democrats kept me from keeping those promises!"
    Trump will say that and the rabid fanbase will believe it. FOX News, however, will have a hard time doing so. Again, Trump did the trade war 100% on his own. No House and no Senate vote was ever held. And the tax cut for the rich passed, so, he can't use that, either. Simply put, especially during the debates, that won't fly because it's factually undefendable. And FOX News has no intention of being sued when they can just let Hannity say it during his show, but keeping it off their main headlines.

Trump will say that and the rabid fanbase will believe it. FOX News, however, will have a hard time doing so. Again, Trump did the trade war 100% on his own. No House and no Senate vote was ever held. And the tax cut for the rich passed, so, he can't use that, either. Simply put, especially during the debates, that won't fly because it's factually undefendable. And FOX News has no intention of being sued when they can just let Hannity say it during his show, but keeping it off their main headlines.
    Oh I don't argue with any of that, however the bolded is what no longer seems to matter to most of the people who will be voting for Trump. I think at this point there's nobody who still supports Trump who can be persuaded to vote for anyone else, so presenting them with facts of Trump's wrongdoing won't sway them anyway. All we can do is get more sane people to vote than did in 2016 since voter apathy also likely had a hand in handing him his victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fox News may not claim it, but they're only on like a half hour a day (the rest of the say is "news commentary" with no legal obligation to tell the truth). Fox "news" will tell whatever lie they think their viewers want to hear.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-