1. #31461
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You Republicans, your president is a 14 year old who doesn't understand what humor is.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/17/mulv...ite-house.html

    Why is the G-7 being held at a Trump property? How will we know if they report all their revenue stemming from this to the federal government accurately?

  2. #31462
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You Republicans, your president is a 14 year old who doesn't understand what humor is.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/17/mulv...ite-house.html

    Why is the G-7 being held at a Trump property? How will we know if they report all their revenue stemming from this to the federal government accurately?
    Mulvaney is claiming it'll be 50% cheaper than other comparable locations... I call bullshit!

  3. #31463
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Mulvaney is claiming it'll be 50% cheaper than other comparable locations... I call bullshit!
    Oh, was this what he was briefing media about?

    I wonder if Trump is using his own "numbers" to project costs. You know, the same ones that grossly undervalued his properties to the government while overvaluing them to banks.

  4. #31464
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    23,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why is the G-7 being held at a Trump property?
    Now now, don't be dishonest.

    It's G8. He's going to personally invite Putin.

    Trump said it is "certainly possible" that Russian President Vladimir Putin could be invited to next year's Group of Seven Summit, though other member nations seemed to disapprove.

    Trump's comment Sunday came after he repeatedly touted support for the move. The same day the world leaders convened at the summit in southwest France, European Council President Donald Tusk said that "under no condition" would Russia be invited.

    But one day later, Trump told reporters in Biarritz that "It's certainly possible, we'll see," based on a conversation among the members that happened the previous night, according to White House pool reports.

    "We had a very good discussion on Russia and President Putin, and a lively discussion, but, really, a good one," Trump said.

    British Prime Minister Boris Johnson agreed with the comment, and added that "It was lively."
    Bolded for "how British is that?"

    And, well, there's also this:

    NEW DETAIL per three sources: Trump said several times in mtg he wasn't concerned about terrorists 7,000 miles away. After Pelosi & Hoyer left, RepLizCheney spoke up to remind Trump that the terrorists responsible for 9/11 "came from 7,000 miles away" themselves.

    No-one is above the law.

  5. #31465
    The Lightbringer Zaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    3,010
    Does Trump think that if he engages in corrupt behavior in public that it makes it okay? Because that's the only reason why I can think of why he would think holding the G7 at one of his properties is okay.

    And of course the GOP are going to be twisting themselves in knots trying to defend it if they even bother. After all, every dollar spent at Doral is going into Trumps wallet unless Congress passes legislation requiring all the money go to the US government instead.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers


  6. #31466
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Does Trump think that if he engages in corrupt behavior in public that it makes it okay? Because that's the only reason why I can think of why he would think holding the G7 at one of his properties is okay.

    And of course the GOP are going to be twisting themselves in knots trying to defend it if they even bother. After all, every dollar spent at Doral is going into Trumps wallet unless Congress passes legislation requiring all the money go to the US government instead.
    It will be okay to the only people he thinks to matter, his base. Just wait for talking points to come in and they will defend this here, too.

  7. #31467
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    23,168
    Trump advisor Kudlow flat-out says the Fed is part of the Deep State on national fucking television.

    Click the link to see the video.

    The White House is being run by conspiracy theorists.

    No-one is above the law.

  8. #31468
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Mulvaney is claiming it'll be 50% cheaper than other comparable locations... I call bullshit!
    if its that much cheaper then its possible that it runs afoul of gift giving...…and other shady practices.


    "oh I sold this wonderful senator a house 50% cheaper then I originally listed it for".....

    Gee what could possibly go wrong
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

  9. #31469
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump advisor Kudlow flat-out says the Fed is part of the Deep State on national fucking television.

    Click the link to see the video.

    The White House is being run by conspiracy theorists.
    Well they did elect the "Birther" guy as president.
    /s

  10. #31470
    How the G7 being held at a Trump property is even remotely considered ethical or even in the same continent as ethical is beyond me.

    Who even decided the location?

  11. #31471
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    How the G7 being held at a Trump property is even remotely considered ethical or even in the same continent as ethical is beyond me.

    Who even decided the location?
    Trump did. And according to his administration, his "brand" is so strong that he doesn't need the additional business.

    You know, ignoring that whole declining revenue thing - https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/...-a-lago-falls/

  12. #31472
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Now now, don't be dishonest.

    It's G8. He's going to personally invite Putin.



    Bolded for "how British is that?"

    And, well, there's also this:
    At this point, it sounds like Trump is trying to turn it into the G6 and get the US removed from it and have it held at another location.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  13. #31473
    Mulvaney says there was a quid pro quo in Trump holding back military aid to Ukraine

    While Mulvaney did not himself use the term “quid pro quo,” when he was told by a reporter during a White House press conference that the situation of withholding aid to get Ukraine was in fact a quid pro quo, Mulvaney said, “We do that all the time.”
    Oh my fucking god can we just impeach this mother fucker already

  14. #31474
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Mulvaney is claiming it'll be 50% cheaper than other comparable locations... I call bullshit!
    If he wants the best deal, he should bid it out. I am pretty sure he could get a better price at a better facility that offer better service.

  15. #31475
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    If he wants the best deal, he should bid it out. I am pretty sure he could get a better price at a better facility that offer better service.
    Basically tax payer funded renovations on a failing Trump property.

  16. #31476
    https://www.axios.com/rick-perry-res...cee002e7a.html

    And Perry's resignation, hinted at earlier this month, seems like it's more formal.

  17. #31477
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Mulvaney is claiming it'll be 50% cheaper than other comparable locations... I call bullshit!
    Idk if this would have effect but Congress needs to act with a bill basically saying 'A President can't host official State visits at his/her property or business.

    Yes, it's a paper tiger and I admit how weak the Democrats are and would make them more weak, but we need something.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2019-10-17 at 09:31 PM.
    Artist formerly known as Shon237

  18. #31478
    The Lightbringer Zaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.axios.com/rick-perry-res...cee002e7a.html

    And Perry's resignation, hinted at earlier this month, seems like it's more formal.
    Wonder if everything that happened today had him finally decide to get off the Trump train.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers


  19. #31479
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Wonder if everything that happened today had him finally decide to get off the Trump train.
    There were reports this was coming from late last month/earlier this month, they predate the Ukraine scandal so it's unlikely this did much. Maybe he put in his resignation a bit earlier than planned, but this doesn't seem like a reaction to him getting roped into this scandal.

    I think he was the only "scandal-free" cabinet head in the Trump administration. Key word being was, because now he's involved in the Ukraine scandal.

    Is there anyone left that hasn't been involved in a scandal/questionable behavior in one way or another? I legitimately can't think of one person.

  20. #31480
    The Lightbringer Zaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There were reports this was coming from late last month/earlier this month, they predate the Ukraine scandal so it's unlikely this did much. Maybe he put in his resignation a bit earlier than planned, but this doesn't seem like a reaction to him getting roped into this scandal.

    I think he was the only "scandal-free" cabinet head in the Trump administration. Key word being was, because now he's involved in the Ukraine scandal.

    Is there anyone left that hasn't been involved in a scandal/questionable behavior in one way or another? I legitimately can't think of one person.
    Oh, I know it was floating around earlier this month. I am just wondering if Mulvaneys trainwreck pushed him to resign.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •