Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Well, he's kind of right. Everyone one has been saying that Trump is just a symptom of the problem ... the real issue is the people who are so willing to blindly follow him.
    No Trump is the problem as well. I don't believe in the enabler mentality. Trump can go in a different direction than the gop.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently the Trump Administration listed Wakanda (yes the home nation of Black Panther) as a Free Trade Partner of the United States...and was later removed by US Officials.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-black-panther

Trade talks between Captain America and Black Panther didn’t quite pan out, it seems. Wakanda, the fictional home of the Marvel superhero, is no longer listed as a free trade partner of the US.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So apparently the Trump Administration listed Wakanda (yes the home nation of Black Panther) as a Free Trade Partner of the United States...and was later removed by US Officials.

Trade talks between Captain America and Black Panther didn’t quite pan out, it seems. Wakanda, the fictional home of the Marvel superhero, is no longer listed as a free trade partner of the US.
    Well, he did rip off his Captain America mask and revealed that he was Thanos like a week ago, after all. Wakanda is probably still a bit miffed about that whole Snap thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Trump supporters:

“Trump is like Jesus!”
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...-during-debate

Trump:
    https://www.axios.com/trump-mocks-de...be2f36180.html

These so called Christians have no more credibility. They can moan and whine all they want, but their lies and true colors have been exposed for all to see.
    Bingo. The so-called Evangelical Christians scream as loud as they can about how devout and pious they are while bending over backwards to use the religion they supposedly hold so dearly to excuse as many heinous acts as they possibly can. These people shouldn’t be given the time of day.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...ys-white-house

At Trump’s rally in Michigan on Wednesday night, the president claimed that he gave the “A-plus treatment” when John Dingell died this year. Trump recounted his side of events, telling the crowd in Rep. Dingell’s home state that she had called him to express her gratitude. “‘John would be so thrilled. He’s looking down, he’d be so thrilled,’” Trump claimed Debbie Dingell said, before adding: “Maybe he’s looking up, I don’t know.”
    Donald Trump is human garbage, with no respect for anyone, even the dead. Fuck this man. This is not a one-off comment, this is who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post

While amusing, it was apparently something they inserted into the list for testing and then forgot to remove before it went live. It's a mildly embarrassing flub for their web team, but I'm inclined to believe it's exactly what they say it is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    There were plenty of jobs unfilled during Obama's term as well.
    And Trump's administration has been a revolving door of people, he's lost more than any other president and I can tell you it's not because Trump was too amazing for them and they felt guilty taking the money.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet next president (regardless of him being Democrat or Republican) will have it even worse.

As result of general collapse of competence in politics.
    Do you think Trump will work for the next president, 'cause that's the only way to get the same incompetence.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Do you think Trump will work for the next president, 'cause that's the only way to get the same incompetence.
    What if it's Eric?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post

I don't know, candidate Cocker Spaniel With Can of Cranberry Sauce Lodged in Temple (I - NY) is polling really well in Iowa and may in fact do worse then trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Institutions functioned just fine when similar things happened during Obama's term
    First of all, citation needed. You cannot claim things were just fine when similar things happened, unless similar things happened. The target is 25% vacancies, and just to be clear, not like the first week or month. Trump is three years in. Find the parallel, or admit this is Trump's problem.

Second of all, terms, plural.

That said. good job on reminding everyone these Pentagon jobs were not Congressionally approved, and therefore, Trump is the sole reason the jobs are empty. That was big of you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    The biggest publication in Evangelical Christianity is coming out in support of Trump's removal.
    This is pretty big news, no question. And it brings up a point worth repeating until it stops being true. This group aside, people who call themselves Christians pretty much have three choices.

1) Claim Trump is their chosen one and their leader, and by virtue of this demonstrate the hypocrisy of putting an adultering idolator thief as someone to lead their beliefs

2) Admit Trump has faults but is still a good guy, and by virtue of this lose the moral authority of judging pretty much anyone else except Hitler, Nickelback and whoever canceled Firefly

3) A rephrasing of Colbert, admit that Jesus told us to heal the sick, clothe the naked, feed the hungry and love one another without condition and admit they just don't want to do it by following someone who does the exact opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that triggered him almost instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is pretty big news, no question. And it brings up a point worth repeating until it stops being true. This group aside, people who call themselves Christians pretty much have three choices.

1) Claim Trump is their chosen one and their leader, and by virtue of this demonstrate the hypocrisy of putting an adultering idolator thief as someone to lead their beliefs

2) Admit Trump has faults but is still a good guy, and by virtue of this lose the moral authority of judging pretty much anyone else except Hitler, Nickelback and whoever canceled Firefly

3) A rephrasing of Colbert, admit that Jesus told us to heal the sick, clothe the naked, feed the hungry and love one another without condition and admit they just don't want to do it by following someone who does the exact opposite.
    they will go with

4) Admit and continue to show that they are religious extremists who only care about repealing Roe V. Wade, lock up or convert LGBTQ and basically turn this country into a Christian Caliphate.

If Trump has done anything he has shown that they are full of shit all that righteousness is just for show at the end of the day they are just a political group wanting power over the majority of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I wonder if there's a bridge he won't instantly burn nuke from orbit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I wonder if there's a bridge he won't instantly burn nuke from orbit.
    He knows only the scorched earth method of doing this it seems.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    What if it's Eric?
    Then the WH better stock up on dry spaghetti.

Christianity Today called for President Trump to be removed from office in an editorial on Thursday, a day after Trump was impeached by the House of Representatives https://t.co/7Qx8szMrbh
    https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...126086656?s=19

As a atheist I don't care about this. It is the largest Christian publication founded by Billy Graham.

Now this is the part that gets me.

Franklin Graham responds to CT editorial calling for Trump's removal: “My father would be embarrassed.
    It is not going to change anybody’s mind about Trump. There’s a liberal element within the evangelical movement. Christianity Today represents that.”

https://t.co/WylHlOlvMr
    So religion has political ideology now?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So religion has political ideology now?
    Has it ever not?

But anyway, even though religion and politics are pretty much inextricably intertwined in the US, we can't talk about the former on these forums so we should probably drop the subject...
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-12-20 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This man is somehow the wet dream of every Alt Right in America:

Somehow.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Some good things, but then some absolutely random things. It's a defense spending bill (which is way too fucking much, holy shit) but has something for the smoking age lol Just really odd to me. Not sure what your "Cadillac Tax" is, though.
    It's no different to drinking age being tied Highway funding.

The Federal gov probably doesn't have the power to dictate to the states what to set their smoking age at, so it's a workaround that stops defense spending to be allocated to states where the smoking age isn't 21+

Also, this the the 1000th time Trump spells "smoking" as smocking. Dumbass.
    Last edited by Belize; 2019-12-20 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Also, this the the 1000th time Trump spells "smoking" as smocking. Dumbass.
    Maybe he's just really passionate about medieval embroidery techniques.