Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    because the very concept of them trying to pull that enrages, and a good time to remember
    They all need to have their reproductive rights taken away.

Remember when the White House Press Secretary would hold regular press briefings?

Well Stephen King remembers...

Bestselling Novelists Offer To Donate $200K To A Charity If WH Press Secretary Will Hold A Press Conference
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...press-briefing

Bestselling novelists Stephen King and Don Winslow have offered to donate $200,000 to a children’s hospital if the White House press secretary, Stephanie Grisham, will hold a press conference, The Guardian reports.

Grisham attempted to shame them by saying they should just give the money to charity without strings attached.

Winslow responded:

“First, we both regularly donate to charity. Second, why do all Trump officials refuse to answer the most basic questions they are asked? Stop evading, Stephanie. Let’s try again: Why have you not held any White House press briefings for over 300 days? What are you afraid of?”

Hey, the Press Secretary who won’t speak to the press is making about $180,000 a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Remember when the White House Press Secretary would hold regular press briefings?

Bestselling Novelists Offer To Donate $200K To A Charity If WH Press Secretary Will Hold A Press Conference
    he really should have added a stipulation on how long it is, and that it has to be on a pertinent subject, otherwise she might just walk out, read a Dr. Seuss book, then leave.

I'm posting here since for some reason I think it will get lost in the other two "Iran Forums". Yes this has to do with Iran, but oh man! sure seems like a shitshow.

Mark Esper on CBS: I didn't see the intelligence about Iran posing an imminent threat to 4 US embassies, but I believe President Trump when he says there was one

So once again: 1)Is he lying or Trump lying about the intelligence of an immediate threat or 2) they have decided to keep the Sec. of Defense out of the loop on major military action.

To maybe no surprise, it seems this administration is using false intelligence (raise your hand if you remember this before) for reprisal. Also seems more to again nobody's surprise that Trump is actually "Wag the Dog" on impeachment, with reports he singled out hawks like Tom Cotton of Arkansas to get favor.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I'm posting here since for some reason I think it will get lost in the other two "Iran Forums". Yes this has to do with Iran, but oh man! sure seems like a shitshow.

Mark Esper on CBS: I didn't see the intelligence about Iran posing an imminent threat to 4 US embassies, but I believe President Trump when he says there was one

So once again: 1)Is he lying or Trump lying about the intelligence of an immediate threat or 2) they have decided to keep the Sec. of Defense out of the loop on major military action.

To maybe no surprise, it seems this administration is using false intelligence (raise your hand if you remember this before) for reprisal. Also seems more to again nobody's surprise that Trump is actually "Wag the Dog" on impeachment, with reports he singled out hawks like Tom Cotton of Arkansas to get favor.
    hell, Sen Paul said both on Meet the Press this morning "I appauld Trump for constently saying he'll pull out of Iraq" but also said Trump keeps appointing people that want the opposite

there is a word for people that say one thing, but take actions that are the opposite
    Paul is either to stupid to know, or to willing to look the other way
    stupid or cultist, take your pick, neither should be a senator
    Last edited by D Luniz; 2020-01-12 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post

I think Stephen King have missed one simple detail. Unless the donation can benefit Trump monetarily, that incentive is NOT going to work.

To the leaders of Iran - DO NOT KILL YOUR PROTESTERS. Thousands have already been killed or imprisoned by you, and the World is watching. More importantly, the USA is watching. Turn your internet back on and let reporters roam free! Stop the killing of your great Iranian people!
    Trump tweet.

Hmm? Now Trump is a champion of the press, when he has repeatedly called it "fake news" or "enemy of the people". Also he banned any people from Iran entering the country. You know, the ones who are dying at the Iranian regime.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    " I didn't see the intelligence about Iran posing an imminent threat to 4 US embassies, but I believe President Trump when he says there was one"
    We all know Esper's position. Sorry, but, if there was actionable intelligence on a credible threat, he'd have been given it directly.

Trump makes shit up all the time and passes it along as fact. Esper very likely knows this, but doesn't want to be fired.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm. Is this a "Trump coddles dictators" story, "Trump is a joke in the world's eyes" story, or "Trump is Putin's bitch" story? You be the judge.

During his surprise visit to Syria last week, Russian President Vladimir Putin urged his Syrian counterpart, Bashar al-Assad, to invite President Trump to Damascus, according to a video of a short conversation between the two leaders aired Sunday on Russia-1 television channel.

The video shows the leaders speaking to each other during a visit to the Orthodox Church of the Virgin Mary in Damascus. Assad tells Putin about the apostle Paul who became a Christian at the gate of Damascus and adds jokingly: "If Trump arrives along this road, everything will become normal with him too."

Putin laughs and tells Assad: “It will be repaired … invite him. He will come.” Assad answers that he is ready to invite Trump, to which Putin responds, smiling: “I will tell him."
    Video here but...um...good luck.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Holy shit. Esper didn't see any intel but still acted on Trump's feels.

Wag the Dog indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's add to this. Because it's not just Esper. It's also Trump's NSA no no no not again Trump's National Security Advisor O'Brien.

Fox News’s Chris Wallace on Sunday grilled White House national security adviser Robert O’Brien on President Trump’s claim that the U.S. killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani to avert an imminent attack on four U.S. embassies, which lawmakers say was never mentioned in a briefing by representatives of the Trump administration.

“It does seem to be a contradiction. He’s telling Laura Ingraham [about imminent attacks], but in a 75-minute classified briefing, your top national security people never mentioned this to members of Congress. Why not?” Wallace asked O’Brien on “Fox News Sunday.”

“I wasn’t at the briefing, and I don’t know how the Q&A went back and forth. Sometimes it depends on the questions that were asked or how they were phrased,” O’Brien said.

“It’s always difficult, even with the exquisite intelligence that we have, to know exactly what the targets are, but it’s certainly consistent with the intelligence to assume that they would have hit embassies in at least four countries,” he added.

Wallace also asked O’Brien if Iranian actions in recent months had raised any doubts about the effectiveness of the administration’s “maximum pressure” campaign against Tehran.

“I think the maximum pressure campaign is working. It’s demonstrable that it’s working. The Iranian economy has contracted by at least 10 percent. We haven’t seen that with a modern economy in many, many years,” O’Brien responded.

Wallace also questioned O’Brien on Trump’s claims that Congress’s Gang of Eight was not briefed before the killing of Soleimani because House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) would have leaked it to the media, asking him if there had ever been a case of congressional Democrats leaking sensitive national security information to the press.

O’Brien declined to give any such examples, instead citing former President Obama’s lack of briefing ahead of the killings of Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda-affiliated cleric Anwar al-Awlaki.
    Bolded for "this is a stupid fucking thing to say when Trump is damaging his own economy".

But, yeah, not even FOX News is buying this. Oh, and if you say "The Democrats will leak" and the question is "When did they do that?" and you have no answer, I'm going to call that original statement a lie, knowing that you can't dispute it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Let's add to this. Because it's not just Esper. It's also Trump's NSA no no no not again Trump's National Security Advisor O'Brien.

Bolded for "this is a stupid fucking thing to say when Trump is damaging his own economy".

But, yeah, not even FOX News is buying this. Oh, and if you say "The Democrats will leak" and the question is "When did they do that?" and you have no answer, I'm going to call that original statement a lie, knowing that you can't dispute it.
    Yes, this is "shocking" another inept and dishonest move by the Trump Administration. Everything from the intelligence to the motive looks to be a big lie. I mean this idiot cannot do one thing right.

Trump tweet.

Hmm? Now Trump is a champion of the press, when he has repeatedly called it "fake news" or "enemy of the people". Also he banned any people from Iran entering the country. You know, the ones who are dying at the Iranian regime.
    WE SUPPORT YOU! Please ignore that we were threatening non-military cultural sites with destruction days ago, which would lead to your deaths, BUT WE SWEAR WE SUPPORT YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    WE SUPPORT YOU! Please ignore that we were threatening non-military cultural sites with destruction days ago, which would lead to your deaths, BUT WE SWEAR WE SUPPORT YOU!
    I think all of us can agree that by any President those are meaningful words, except there is a big problem with this guy. When you spout how you hate our free press and attack it as the enemy and even let's say half the population as the enemy, your words don't mean jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We all know Esper's position. Sorry, but, if there was actionable intelligence on a credible threat, he'd have been given it directly.

Trump makes shit up all the time and passes it along as fact. Esper very likely knows this, but doesn't want to be fired.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm. Is this a "Trump coddles dictators" story, "Trump is a joke in the world's eyes" story, or "Trump is Putin's bitch" story? You be the judge.

Video here but...um...good luck.
    I'd say this can just be attributed to Putin knowing how Trump works, and how to pay him. He knows Trump could never ignore bait this juicy. He went to North Korea, he'll go to Damascus if they sell it to him as a potential win.

So this is a 'Trump is so easy to manipulate that the instructions on how to do so could be written in Mandarin and even then a retarded monkey could do it' story.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Holy shit. Esper didn't see any intel but still acted on Trump's feels.

Wag the Dog indeed.
    So, they can't even make up evidence, like they did with the Iraq war beginnings? Talk about fucking lazy and incompetent.

Gosh, if Trump didn't have evidence of imminent embassy attacks, I wonder what reason he had for ordering an attack on--
    Report: Trump Cited GOP Senate Impeachment Pressure As Reason to Kill Soleimani

EDIT: Hey, also, just out of curiosity, why in the ever loving FUCK would the White House twitter account post this today when the temperature was in the 70's and there wasn't a single snowflake to be seen?

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...154521601?s=20

What are the odds on how long until Trump bullies the weather channel into saying it was snowing and showing an image with sharpie all over it?
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-01-13 at 04:04 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Gosh, if Trump didn't have evidence of imminent embassy attacks, I wonder what reason he had for ordering an attack on--
    Report: Trump Cited GOP Senate Impeachment Pressure As Reason to Kill Soleimani
    Another Impeachable offense. Pelosi can just start marching Articles to the Senate every month.

EDIT: Hey, also, just out of curiosity, why in the ever loving FUCK would the White House twitter account post this today when the temperature was in the 70's and there wasn't a single snowflake to be seen?

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...154521601?s=20

What are the odds on how long until Trump bullies the weather channel into saying it was snowing and showing an image with sharpie all over it?
    That is seriously fucked up. Is that the official WH Twit account?

That is seriously fucked up. Is that the official WH Twit account?
    Ayep. Blue checkmark and all. This is some serious Orwellian "Ignore the evidence of your eyes and ears" bullshit.

EDIT: Also, in before the "lol, it's all a joke; you're being trolled; he's calling libs snowflakes" defense.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ayep. Blue checkmark and all. This is some serious Orwellian "Ignore the evidence of your eyes and ears" bullshit.

EDIT: Also, in before the "lol, it's all a joke; you're being trolled; he's calling libs snowflakes" defense.
    Jesus - that is some seriously Orwellian shit. What in the holy fuck.

Another Impeachable offense. Pelosi can just start marching Articles to the Senate every month.
    Said it before, but....

I still think one possible method to counter old Moscow Mitch would be for them to have multiple articles of impeachment for all of his stuff and then blanket offenses at the end. Then release them to the Senate, one at a time. And force McConnell to hold hearings on each article individually since he wants to play around with it.

Then he has the option of either repeatedly trying to refuse information and witnesses on all of them each time to try and push it off and watch them look more and more corrupt each time he does it. Or he can try and claim they are bad but not impeachable for them individually.

Then when all of them are done, THEN release the big blanket ones at the end that includes all of them. Then, at that point, they have already lost their credibility trying to acquit them all and if they tried to claim he did them all but they weren't impeachable individually, the blanket ones which already included all the things they already admitted to becomes that much harder to fight.

Either way, they are stuck having hearing after hearing after hearing and neither way makes them look any better.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.