1. #33761
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Look at you trying to to find the most minuscule victory to make it seem like Trump is doing well.
    Wait, are you saying that DOESN'T make it ok to break the law, violate your oath of office, and rig a presidential election?

  2. #33762
    Trump is saying we're flushing toilets too much, just like he is with this country
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  3. #33763
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    23,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazkar View Post
    So the bad thing if trump loses in 2020, and a recession hits even if it hits before the Democrat takes office, Fox News will immediately engage the spin machine of "The Democrats completely ruined Trumps Amazing Economy!"
    I don't think they can. At least, not very well.

    The economy is tanking now, and worse, Trump made specific, numeric promises. They will be thrown in his face for a year nonstop because he objectively failed to meet them. The Atlanta Fed's Q4 prediction is back up to 2%. The jobs are nowhere near the rate needed for 25 million. The trade war is costing money, jobs in manufacturing, and businesses. And there are hours of videos and hundreds of tweets of Trump saying none of this would happen.

    That's bad enough. But it gets worse.

    Trump signed the tax cut for the rich, true, but he applies the trade war unilaterally. "Trade wars are good, and easy to win!" will occupy a lot of headlines as his enters its fourth year with no resolution in sight. FOX News can do a lot with a little, but even they have enough professional ethics to avoid flat-out blatant falsehoods. Spin, yes, objective lies, not so much. And we've seen people jump ship, so any attempt to go further from the truth will leave them completely adrift.

    FOX News is out for FOX News. They have hours and hours of opinion, but at some point, their headlines have to go up. "Trump delivered on 4% GDP growth" won't be on it. "Trump added 25 million new jobs" won't be on it. "Tax cut for the rich paying for itself" won't be on it.

    No-one is above the law.

  4. #33764
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The economy is tanking now, and worse, Trump made specific, numeric promises.
    Sadly, all Trump has to do is say "The Do-Nothing Democrats kept me from keeping those promises!" and his moronic base would believe it. It's not true in the least, but facts don't register with them anymore after years of his brainwashing.

  5. #33765
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    23,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Sadly, all Trump has to do is say "The Do-Nothing Democrats kept me from keeping those promises!"
    Trump will say that and the rabid fanbase will believe it. FOX News, however, will have a hard time doing so. Again, Trump did the trade war 100% on his own. No House and no Senate vote was ever held. And the tax cut for the rich passed, so, he can't use that, either. Simply put, especially during the debates, that won't fly because it's factually undefendable. And FOX News has no intention of being sued when they can just let Hannity say it during his show, but keeping it off their main headlines.

    No-one is above the law.

  6. #33766
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump will say that and the rabid fanbase will believe it. FOX News, however, will have a hard time doing so. Again, Trump did the trade war 100% on his own. No House and no Senate vote was ever held. And the tax cut for the rich passed, so, he can't use that, either. Simply put, especially during the debates, that won't fly because it's factually undefendable. And FOX News has no intention of being sued when they can just let Hannity say it during his show, but keeping it off their main headlines.
    Oh I don't argue with any of that, however the bolded is what no longer seems to matter to most of the people who will be voting for Trump. I think at this point there's nobody who still supports Trump who can be persuaded to vote for anyone else, so presenting them with facts of Trump's wrongdoing won't sway them anyway. All we can do is get more sane people to vote than did in 2016 since voter apathy also likely had a hand in handing him his victory.

  7. #33767
    The Insane Kujako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the woods, doing what bears do.
    Posts
    17,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump will say that and the rabid fanbase will believe it. FOX News, however, will have a hard time doing so. Again, Trump did the trade war 100% on his own. No House and no Senate vote was ever held. And the tax cut for the rich passed, so, he can't use that, either. Simply put, especially during the debates, that won't fly because it's factually undefendable. And FOX News has no intention of being sued when they can just let Hannity say it during his show, but keeping it off their main headlines.
    Fox News may not claim it, but they're only on like a half hour a day (the rest of the say is "news commentary" with no legal obligation to tell the truth). Fox "news" will tell whatever lie they think their viewers want to hear.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  8. #33768
    Right now, in a number of states, the laws allow a baby to be born from his, or her, mother's womb in the ninth month. It is wrong. It has to change.
    https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/...15046623117312

    There's something seriously wrong with the "very stable genius".
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  9. #33769
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    23,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Fox News may not claim it, but they're only on like a half hour a day (the rest of the say is "news commentary" with no legal obligation to tell the truth). Fox "news" will tell whatever lie they think their viewers want to hear.
    I feel like that should be grounds for false advertising lawsuits. To advertise being news it should require at least half their airtime be news and not opinion. Probably more.

  10. #33770
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    23,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There's something seriously wrong with the "very stable genius".
    Wait, did he...I don't...doesn't he have a proofreader?

    No-one is above the law.

  11. #33771
    Trump will never go away, even after the election. Especially if he loses. The media is going to be give him all the attention he will want as long as he is yelling at clouds. And it will be a constant bitch fest (not like it isn't now). Gone are the days when an ex-President just quietly does his own thing in the background.

  12. #33772
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Trump will never go away, even after the election. Especially if he loses. The media is going to be give him all the attention he will want as long as he is yelling at clouds. And it will be a constant bitch fest (not like it isn't now). Gone are the days when an ex-President just quietly does his own thing in the background.
    I mean, he'll still be in the news, but it'll be just him fighting a slew of criminal lawsuits. Assuming he doesn't get pardoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  13. #33773
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    25,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Trump will never go away, even after the election. Especially if he loses. The media is going to be give him all the attention he will want as long as he is yelling at clouds. And it will be a constant bitch fest (not like it isn't now). Gone are the days when an ex-President just quietly does his own thing in the background.
    Agreed. The ideal situation would be impeached, charged with multiple state/federal crimes, then strokes out landing in a vegetative state. Best thing for the country.
    No one is above the law!

  14. #33774
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I mean, he'll still be in the news, but it'll be just him fighting a slew of criminal lawsuits. Assuming he doesn't get pardoned.
    Unfortunately I don't think it will be that ideal or simple. Trump loves the spotlight. Every day the news will have to be about how great a President he was and how the current admin sucks.

    Prison would be the only way that doesn't happen. But I'm not convinced things will reach that point despite all the evidence and law breaking.

  15. #33775
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wait, did he...I don't...doesn't he have a proofreader?
    He might have one, but whether or not he trusts them is up for debate. Add in that he loves to ad lib instead of sticking to his script? This still makes no sense unless you factor in his mental condition he inherited from his daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  16. #33776
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think it will be that ideal or simple. Trump loves the spotlight. Every day the news will have to be about how great a President he was and how the current admin sucks.

    Prison would be the only way that doesn't happen. But I'm not convinced things will reach that point despite all the evidence and law breaking.
    Barring a pardon, he'll spend the rest of his life in jail or a court room. While impeachment might be a political job, criminal bribery charges, felony campaign election violations (which were part of a criminal conspiracy that included bank fraud), perjury, and obstruction of justice aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  17. #33777
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/...15046623117312

    There's something seriously wrong with the "very stable genius".
    He's Rom Burgundy only with nuke codes. What a fucking embarrassment. Again, you orange king MMO-Champ conservatives. This, this is the man you all say is outsmarting everyone else.

  18. #33778
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/...15046623117312

    There's something seriously wrong with the "very stable genius".
    No don't you get it? He is speaking directly to the heart and soul of the GOP. They don't want abortions because killing fetuses is totes wrong but they also don't want new babies being born because young people don't vote Republican. So what do they want? Women who are pregnant for the rest of their lives. It keeps women out of world because they are stuck being nine months pregnant with all the pains and complications that come with being pregnant. So obviously Trump is still the most stable of genius and master of the 4 squared dimensional chess.

  19. #33779
    Legendary! Santti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,792
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    No don't you get it? He is speaking directly to the heart and soul of the GOP. They don't want abortions because killing fetuses is totes wrong but they also don't want new babies being born because young people don't vote Republican. So what do they want? Women who are pregnant for the rest of their lives. It keeps women out of world because they are stuck being nine months pregnant with all the pains and complications that come with being pregnant. So obviously Trump is still the most stable of genius and master of the 4 squared dimensional chess.
    That, or Trump is an alien.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

  20. #33780
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/...15046623117312

    There's something seriously wrong with the "very stable genius".
    I....What the...I just...H-how....The fu---WHAT?!

    Did I just have an aneurysm? The fuck was that? What did that even mean? He wants to change babies being born normally? What the hell? What the fuck? What the fuck?

    And you know what is even more stupid, somehow, there's a person fucking nodding to what Trump is saying in the background. Are they deaf? Do they not understand English? We already know there's at least one person that agrees with Trump on this.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2019-12-08 at 01:24 AM.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •