The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Dude has to cut funding to the important shit so he can do another round of tax cuts for the rich, which he thinks is a surefire way to win him re-election and set up Don Jr. for 2024.
    And to fund is stupid wall, but yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    TPeople get the flu year round, just fewer during the summer than the other 9 months of the year.
    Hey @Vegas82 wasn't there an outbreak of Ebola, a virus, in West Africa, which is damn near equatorial, that lasted for several years? And wouldn't a virus surviving that level of heat for so long basically take the "might be better by May" idea and just rip it to shreds?

And also, how do you feel about leading questions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I can't even comment anymore.
    I can.

First of all, "redemption money" doesn't appear to be a thing in the context of deportation.

But let's pretend it was. Deportations are down, in fact they're lower than Obama's numbers, so...have fun with that, rabid fanbase.

But let's pretend that the $18 billion total spent on repairing the Wall and adding maybe 3 more miles (I linked that figure earlier) was, say, 10% taken from the 333,000 deportees from 2016 --

"Whoa whoa whoa! That's way out of date! How about we use 2019's numbers?"

If you insist. ICE deported nearly 86,000 immigrants from the interior of the county during fiscal 2019, which ended Sept. 30 – almost a 10% drop from fiscal 2018.

"Uh..."

So using those figures, $1.8 billion split 86,000 ways would be...almost $21,000 each. Including the children. It's also worth noting that 75% were criminals and one would expect --

"Wait, wait, you're leaving out all the increased number of people caught at the border and thrown back. That technically counts as deportations, and those numbers were up!"

They were up from last year, yes.

"Yeah! MAGA!"

And still way down from 2016. The total was 267,258 in 2019. Despite promising...hold on.

Next week ICE will bigly begin the process of removing the YUGE millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States JOBS!
    (June 2019)

Trump will be lucky to hit "millions" at the end of eight years. I guess technically he's not lying when he said "begin the process" in the same way I can say "I am beginning a marathon" when I walk down the hallway, and where's my medal, Olympics?

Anyhow, for the sake of argument, $1.8 billion divided 267,258 ways is over $6,700 each. And you'll have to work very hard to convince me that the 143,000 or so arrested at the border and thrown back had $6,700 each, still including the children mind you, which ICE was able to seize and add to the US Treasury.

In other words, there is no realistic way what Trump said was in the same ballpark as the truth. It might not be in the same fucking sport.

But if anyone out there wants to find out what this redemption money is, how much is being taken in, and how it's going to Wall funding, be my guest. By the way, if you don't even look for it, you are admitting you know Trump lied. So those are your options: spend your time searching for the information, or admit Trump lied. Not to us, we already know, but you'll admit it to yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I forgot to mention:

1) 5,700 of the deportees were migrants. Show of hands, people who think migrant workers have $6,700 that can be taken by the US government? And don't bother saying "illegal immigrants pay taxes" because (a) Trump doesn't, so who's the real patriot, and (b) you and I pay taxes, so saying tax money pays for the Wall removes the "redemption money" argument anyhow.

2) There's a backlog of over a million cases in the immigration courts. If "redemption money" is really a thing done by the government, then it either (a) happens before the court case has a verdict which sounds really sketchy at best or (b) happens after a guilty finding which a million plus haven't gotten yet.

3) I mentioned "criminals" before. Most of them were traffic offenses.

4) Just out of curiosity, how does the conversation go involving a child that is locked in a dog cage until they died? "We're sorry for your loss, Mr. and Mrs. Illegal Immigrant, especially considering we intentionally caused it. By the way, your child died before paying us the $6,700 redemption money, so..."

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    The guy that played a billionaire on TV is about to find out what real money can do, lol.

It isn't just Bezos either. Amazon will probably lose this legal fight, I don't really think they are planning on winning. They can strip the entire GOP donor class away, and tie up JEDI until the next administration. Corporations hate instability, and they don't like the idea of getting massive margin cuts from being on the wrong side of a twitter fight. All Bezos has to do is make the case to his peers that the US economy would be in a much more stable position under someone like Buttigeg or Klobuchar.
    The lawsuit is through the US Court of Federal Claims. Under the rules, the DoD will have to justify how they came to the conclusion that Microsoft's proposal is better than Amazon's. Amazon will also be able to review the selection process documents. I have no doubt that Microsoft is capable of fulfilling the contract. However, when a company that has been the forerunner since the RFP came out suddenly lose the contract, the DoD better come up with a very good reason. Even people that wanted Microsoft to win agreed that they were expecting Amazon to get the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Trump should visit Wuhan then just to see for himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I volunteer to fly the plane that airdrops him in the city
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I volunteer to prep the parachute.
    While wishing ill on politicians is not itself against the rules, I ask everyone to draw the line there and not escalate this. Public discourse is toxic enough as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    lol what?
    You really think the EU is in danger of being attacked by a country with a tenth of the whole EU's military? The only thing Russia will do is cyber warfare and they already do that even with NATO (see Brexit)
    I prefer not finding out how far Russia can push their swarm of tanks. I live too close. The EU as a whole might have a great military but most of it is safely in the West.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    While wishing ill on politicians is not itself against the rules, I ask everyone to draw the line there and not escalate this. Public discourse is toxic enough as it is.
    You're right of course, on the line between silly and disturbing I always try to stay on the silly side.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It was the other siiiiide! :'(
    Sounds like Trump is saying you can lie to investigators, as long as what you're lying about isn't a crime because you said so. That sounds like obstruction.

Trump tweeting out a Curb Your Enthusiasm(?) clip about an angry, swearing guy on a motorbike changing his tune when Larry David dons a MAGA hat.... I don't think that's the endorsement he thinks, personally. It literally mocks his supporters....
    As someone in the thread said, #ClownInTheWhiteHouse. What a moron.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Trump on Concord, New Hampshire: "I love Concord. Oh, Concord. You know how famous Concord is? Concord. That's the same Concord we read about all the time, right?" It is possible he is thinking of Concord, Massachusetts.
    https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/12...767059456?s=19

Haha. This guy is an idiot. The best is idiots in this rally in New Hampshire who listened to the speech and went along.

What a cult. When you follow someone who is effin stupid or at least has dementia and cheer and admire him.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Could they make things any more blatant?

I understand Trump Jr., at least, but the others? Come on, now.
    I'm glad to see Fox News becoming more progressive and allow gay blowjobs on live TV.

Good on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is nice of them to diversify in such a way.
    Yeah, it got kinda weird though, when Meadows started trying to talk, and all we got we muffled gurglings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    What a cult.
    It sounds like you have a few issues with them, maybe one or two minor....grapes? Oh man that was terrible.

On topic: TheHill analyzed Trump's budget, which again is as likely to pass as a warm bucket of hamster vomit, and found something I missed: Infrastructure Week V: A Wizard Did It.

Yeah...it's basically not in there. Trump just kind of gave up on the whole idea. Why? Because Democrats are open to the idea...as long as it's paid for. And you know how Democrats pay for things. By...paying for things, actually, the concept's not that new or foggy. So, taxes.

The tax cut for the rich is racking up deficits that even Trump has to lie with fictional numbers to say it's not increasing next year, but we went over that yesterday. Having more tax cuts of any significance is borderline impossible. But Trump also knows that reversing what he's lying to America is a big tax break for them will make a hard sell even harder, and 2020's election is speeding towards him like a passenger jet that flies faster than sound.

What else people noticed was the big blank spot for "prescription drug spending thingy". Trump did make it a campaign promise to bring down drug prices...somehow, it's not very clear what he meant and it's clearly not happening (look for any bill or E.O. he signed before responding to that, by the way, come armed with facts or don't waste your time with a baseless claim). It's not just possible, but likely, he's waiting for someone else to do his work for him, only to take a piece of paper he didn't read and doesn't understand and claim victory, even though it's far more likely, on that topic, it will be the Democrats who can say "Veni, vidi, vici".

Now if you'll excuse me, I have the strangest urge to play Fallout 4.

Oops.

What the f?

A toddler throws better insults than this manchild. Also how is this idiot president again?

Oops.

Ok 1) what the fuck does this even mean and 2) Why won't grandpa take his meds he needs em

10+ Year Old Account
    Golf insults, what could be more relatable to the common man than that? Next up diss Bloomberg for not having as many gold toilets.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Golf insults, what could be more relatable to the common man than that? Next up diss Bloomberg for not having as many gold toilets.
    i almost want bloomberg to get the nomination now.

it'll be nostalgic watching him and trump on the debate stage. take me right back to highschool, listening to preps argue over hollister or abercrombie.

Oops.

Is...he trying to say Bloomberg has a small dick or something?

I legitimately have no clue what this means, but I'm also not a prep school kid and my only golfing experience is going to the driving range and trying to hit that cart that drives around to suck up all the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is...he trying to say Bloomberg has a small dick or something?

I legitimately have no clue what this means, but I'm also not a prep school kid and my only golfing experience is going to the driving range and trying to hit that cart that drives around to suck up all the balls.
    its literally just "hahaha hes short and bad at golf" , its all about trumps obsession with status and appearance.

Looking at this..... I can't even bother with the caption.

All I can think of is just how much Trump looks like some jealous butch lesbian giving someone the stink eye for staring at their girl.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.