Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    we've got over 2k years of evidence to the contrary.
    Derpkitteh's opinion on the internet vs. a study by the University of California.

Which would should I choose?

they knew the risks
    They know the risks of mines that they don't know is there? Nice back asswards logic there.

a few people get shot or killed by drones, word will spread that we're serious.
    Now just to be sure. You hated the idea of a wall manned by security, with guns, but you're okay with men having guns and mines as long as there is no actual wall.

The real question is if you're actually serious about this totally smart idea.

you'd only use mines in specific areas, hotspots well traveled.
    So there'd have to be a physical map to let our people know where they are, and again sooner or later actual criminals will get them and avoid the mines. You also didn't explain how to keep our people safe and not killing them with said mines or how it wouldn't impact animals. You'll also have to explain how killing random immigrants will protect us in any way.

with drones, boats would be the most unsafe way for a criminal to get in, and i'm pretty sure drones have ways of detecting people underground. detect them and missile strike the area.
    So now we're potentially bombing U.S. territory to get at those tunnels. Jesus cock sucking Christ your ideas are so incredibly sane and smart.

By the way, what's your solution to planes? Going to hit commercial flights with missiles 'cause someone has a gram of coke in their ass?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    If you guys think cartels can't build mine-clearing vehicles and stuff, you're crazy.
    Don't worry, apparently we just have to bomb them with something stronger, that's apparently the solution to everything.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    They know the risks of mines that they don't know is there? Nice back asswards logic there.

Now just to be sure. You hated the idea of a wall manned by security, with guns, but you're okay with men having guns and mines as long as there is no actual wall.

The real question is if you're actually serious about this totally smart idea.

So there'd have to be a physical map to let our people know where they are, and again sooner or later actual criminals will get them and avoid the mines. You also didn't explain how to keep our people safe and not killing them with said mines or how it wouldn't impact animals. You'll also have to explain how killing random immigrants will protect us in any way.

So now we're potentially bombing U.S. territory to get at those tunnels. Jesus cock sucking Christ your ideas are so incredibly sane and smart.

By the way, what's your solution to planes? Going to hit commercial flights with missiles 'cause someone has a gram of coke in their ass?
    yes, we should bomb the US soil of the border to protect it.

what i suggest is basically our current level of border security forces, only lethal. with drones added.

as for the people smuggling shit through commercial flight, that's always something that has to be addressed when it's discovered. you can't make things 100% airtight, but you can be much more hardline about how you defend your territory.

it doesn't matter why they're coming here. there's a legal way to go about it. do that, or do not come here, you're unwelcome if you are unwilling to use the processes offered to you.

our immigration system should basically be a long process of immersion and basically indoctrination into respect for the constitution, respect for individualism(american individualism, that is to say, always being a nationalist patriot, but still an individual in all other ways), and dislike of any foreign and anti-american form of thought like communism.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2020-01-05 at 12:25 PM.
    https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

steve danuser - waifu cringelord

'Cause that's not worrying in the least. Tell me, what if those bombs also cause casualties of citizens? What then?

what i suggest is basically our current level of border security forces, only lethal. with drones added.
    Also mines, but why ignore things you yourself said. After all you're just suggesting killing asylum seekers, so it's best to play that down.

as for the people smuggling shit through commercial flight, that's always something that has to be addressed when it's discovered. you can't make things 100% airtight, but you can be much more hardline about how you defend your territory.
    Oh so now there's a limit to the insanity, well at least that's good. Still the ideas you put forth are fucking insane.

it doesn't matter why they're coming here. there's a legal way to go about it. do that, or do not come here, you're unwelcome if you are unwilling to use the processes offered to you.
    Seeking asylum is legal, you get that, right? That means those mines you have out are there to kill people trying to come here legally through the process. Congratulations, you fucked your own argument, again.

our immigration system should basically be a long process of immersion and basically indoctrination into respect for the constitution, respect for individualism(american individualism, that is to say, always being a nationalist patriot, but still an individual in all other ways), and dislike of any foreign and anti-american form of thought like communism.
    Wow.....I take back the limit thing from before.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The amount of people willing to kill anyone who commits a misdemeanor is too damn high.
    They only want to kill certain people committing misdemeanors.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Because the rest of the staff agree with them.
    Which is the issue. Not a single mod should apply the powers they have with any possible bias. They should be neutral and apply all rules evenly across the whole forum. Sadly, someone and his incredibly biased thin skin exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Derpkitteh's opinion on the internet vs. a study by the University of California.

Which would should I choose?
    I don't think I've ever seen a reason to side with her opinions. On this subject, she's just interested in closing the US off and killing people that dare to even look at the US.
    Often updated... ?

Just a quick reminder....

illegal immigration is a misdemeanor, akin to jaywalking.... it's basically just jaywalking internationally. This thread is talking about killing people for jaywalking... due process says hello

Trump asks an NY judge to dismiss the latest rape case against him.

"Ah, because there's no case so it should be summarily dismissed?"

Actually no, because the accusation was made in Washington and it should be tried there.

Trump’s lawyer said in a court filing Friday that E. Jean Carroll, an advice columnist, cannot sue the president in New York because the statements at issue were made in Washington.

Trump denies Carroll’s claims and said New York courts lack personal jurisdiction over him “even when the purported statements were published to New York readers/listeners, or were directed towards or caused harm to a New York citizen.”

The president also noted that he hadn’t been served the complaint in New York. Carroll has claimed that Secret Service agents blocked her attempts to serve the complaint, and a judge ruled she could serve it by mail to the White House.

Carroll’s attorney said Trump’s understanding of the law around personal jurisdiction is wrong and meant to avoid having to hand over documents.
    Unrelated: the US-led coalition to combat ISIS has put their actions on hold. Yes, it's because of Iran. Which means that, even if you agree that the target of Trump's assassination was a terrorist (which opens the door to attacks on US politicians, don't forget) this has the immediate, direct result of allowing other terrorists to operate.

Hey remember when Trump said Obama was the literally the leader of ISIS? I remember it like CNN quoted it and here it is.

No-one is above the law.

You cannot indoctrinate people into individualism, that’s an oxymoron.

And which culture should we indoctrinate people into? There’s a vast difference in culture between NYC and LA and Kansas City and Stillwater Oklahoma, and unincorporated Wyoming. It’s what makes America great and successful: Diversity of thought.

Also the founders would vomit at your plan.

Also good luck forcing respect for the constitution when the freaking president, let alone many Americans (and yes I’m going to say BoTh SiDeS here) don't actually respect it.

It all comes down to this: who’s version of America should we force?

I didn't think my disgust for Donald Trump could get worse, but these last few days have proved otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we should have immigrants sit in front of a psychadelic spiral and chant at them:

YOU WILL HATE COMMUNISM
    YOU WILL HATE COMMUNISM
    YOU WILL HATE COMMUNISM
    YOU WILL BUY SHIT YOU DON'T NEED
    YOU WILL HATE COMMUNISM

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I didn't think my disgust for Donald Trump could get worse, but these last few days have proved otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we should have immigrants sit in front of a psychadelic spiral and chant at them:

YOU WILL HATE COMMUNISM
    YOU WILL HATE COMMUNISM
    YOU WILL HATE COMMUNISM
    YOU WILL HATE COMMUNISM
    I can already see a man in a red hat, calmly telling someone in a dark room as a candle circles the inside of it. "Trump has the greatest economy. Trump is the most religious evar. Trump fights against Communism. Communism is evil. There is no war in Ba Sing Se."

So I come back from a long forum vacation for describing one of our morally bankrupt in a short essay, to find derpkitteh wanting to turn our southern border into a war zone, and Trump wanting to commit international war crimes by bombing Islamic heritage sights. Just a big oof all around.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    So I come back from a long forum vacation for describing one of our morally bankrupt in a short essay, to find derpkitteh wanting to turn our southern border into a war zone, and Trump wanting to commit international war crimes by bombing Islamic heritage sights. Just a big oof all around.
    Don't forget threatening Iraq if they don't pay for our bases as they kick us out of their country

i don't think there should be a border wall. i've always been worried about what it'd do the animal migration/travel, like jaguars making their way back into the northern americas and such. ultimately, a wall is effective at reducing the amount of people crossing an area, this is objective fact. nobody says it would be 100% effective and it's the most dishonest shit to pretend that's what everyone means.

but guns, mines, drones, i support that kind of "wall" very much. attempt to cross the border, get blown to pieces. if you do, it's your own fault, because you knew the risk. make it a lethal mistake, and you'll deter all but the most determined of criminals, and at that point, it'd just be removing the most negative elements from both US and mexican society, a net benefit to both our countries.
    [Infraction]
    How are the jaguars going to avoid mines? Do you think before you speak? Do you live at a border state?

- - - Updated - - -

If you want a NK style system, you are free to leave.

So Trump is going to commit several dozen war crimes and then make us become a hostile occupying force in Iraq against the wishes of its own government?

I was already disgusted with republicans for allowing this to get this far. I don't think I can have a lower opinion of them at this point or anyone who continues to support Trump after this past week.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    So Trump is going to commit several dozen war crimes and then make us become a hostile occupying force in Iraq against the wishes of its own government?

I was already disgusted with republicans for allowing this to get this far. I don't think I can have a lower opinion of them at this point or anyone who continues to support Trump after this past week.
    Just imagine if we had warhawk Hillary. We'd already be into World War 5.4.3.b

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You cannot indoctrinate people into individualism, that’s an oxymoron.

And which culture should we indoctrinate people into? There’s a vast difference in culture between NYC and LA and Kansas City and Stillwater Oklahoma, and unincorporated Wyoming. It’s what makes America great and successful: Diversity of thought.

Also the founders would vomit at your plan.

Also good luck forcing respect for the constitution when the freaking president, let alone many Americans (and yes I’m going to say BoTh SiDeS here) don't actually respect it.

It all comes down to this: who’s version of America should we force?
    The version that will get te stamp of approval by the S@@RM F@nT readers but then again, I don't think they consider people that aren't white as citizens regardless even if they are native Americans

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

- - - Updated - - -

YOU WILL HATE COMMUNISM
    YOU WILL HATE COMMUNISM
    YOU WILL HATE COMMUNISM
    YOU WILL HATE COMMUNISM
    Do it the ol' Conehead way:

(Yes, I know it's filmed from a camera but any other one I saw was blurry as shit.)
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

This is by far the most American policy proposal ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Oh, no. No no no no no, no.

Against the wishes of its government and also ours. Plus I'm modestly sure the troops themselves don't want to be there.

Also: we've been talking about how Trump assassinated an Iranian general without even notifying Congress he was committing an act of war. Well, turns out, he has an answer for that. He tweeted.

No, really.

These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner. Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!
    At this point, any Senator or Representative who has ever said/will ever say "I don't read Twitter" or "I don't have to respond to/agree with Trump's tweets" has had that argument summarily dismissed. Trump just claimed his Twitter feed was official notifications of law. That means all of them.

I recommend the indicated tweet be bookmarked for future reference.

No-one is above the law.