1. #35141
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    he really should have added a stipulation on how long it is, and that it has to be on a pertinent subject, otherwise she might just walk out, read a Dr. Seuss book, then leave.
    It says for one hour.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I'm posting here since for some reason I think it will get lost in the other two "Iran Forums". Yes this has to do with Iran, but oh man! sure seems like a shitshow.

    Mark Esper on CBS: I didn't see the intelligence about Iran posing an imminent threat to 4 US embassies, but I believe President Trump when he says there was one

    So once again: 1)Is he lying or Trump lying about the intelligence of an immediate threat or 2) they have decided to keep the Sec. of Defense out of the loop on major military action.

    To maybe no surprise, it seems this administration is using false intelligence (raise your hand if you remember this before) for reprisal. Also seems more to again nobody's surprise that Trump is actually "Wag the Dog" on impeachment, with reports he singled out hawks like Tom Cotton of Arkansas to get favor.
    Listening to that, he's literally admitting that they did this based on Trump's random feelings and nothing else....

    If we're going to just start believing what Trump believes, things are going to get mightily different.
    Often updated... ?

  2. #35142
    To the leaders of Iran - DO NOT KILL YOUR PROTESTERS. Thousands have already been killed or imprisoned by you, and the World is watching. More importantly, the USA is watching. Turn your internet back on and let reporters roam free! Stop the killing of your great Iranian people!
    Trump tweet.


    Hmm? Now Trump is a champion of the press, when he has repeatedly called it "fake news" or "enemy of the people". Also he banned any people from Iran entering the country. You know, the ones who are dying at the Iranian regime.
    Artist formerly known as Shon237

  3. #35143
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    23,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    " I didn't see the intelligence about Iran posing an imminent threat to 4 US embassies, but I believe President Trump when he says there was one"
    We all know Esper's position. Sorry, but, if there was actionable intelligence on a credible threat, he'd have been given it directly.

    Trump makes shit up all the time and passes it along as fact. Esper very likely knows this, but doesn't want to be fired.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hmm. Is this a "Trump coddles dictators" story, "Trump is a joke in the world's eyes" story, or "Trump is Putin's bitch" story? You be the judge.

    During his surprise visit to Syria last week, Russian President Vladimir Putin urged his Syrian counterpart, Bashar al-Assad, to invite President Trump to Damascus, according to a video of a short conversation between the two leaders aired Sunday on Russia-1 television channel.

    The video shows the leaders speaking to each other during a visit to the Orthodox Church of the Virgin Mary in Damascus. Assad tells Putin about the apostle Paul who became a Christian at the gate of Damascus and adds jokingly: "If Trump arrives along this road, everything will become normal with him too."

    Putin laughs and tells Assad: “It will be repaired … invite him. He will come.” Assad answers that he is ready to invite Trump, to which Putin responds, smiling: “I will tell him."
    Video here but...um...good luck.

    No-one is above the law.

  4. #35144
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    25,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I'm posting here since for some reason I think it will get lost in the other two "Iran Forums". Yes this has to do with Iran, but oh man! sure seems like a shitshow.


    Mark Esper on CBS: I didn't see the intelligence about Iran posing an imminent threat to 4 US embassies, but I believe President Trump when he says there was one

    So once again: 1)Is he lying or Trump lying about the intelligence of an immediate threat or 2) they have decided to keep the Sec. of Defense out of the loop on major military action.

    To maybe no surprise, it seems this administration is using false intelligence (raise your hand if you remember this before) for reprisal. Also seems more to again nobody's surprise that Trump is actually "Wag the Dog" on impeachment, with reports he singled out hawks like Tom Cotton of Arkansas to get favor.
    Holy shit. Esper didn't see any intel but still acted on Trump's feels.

    Wag the Dog indeed.
    No one is above the law!

  5. #35145
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    23,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So once again: 1)Is he lying or Trump lying about the intelligence of an immediate threat or 2) they have decided to keep the Sec. of Defense out of the loop on major military action.
    Let's add to this. Because it's not just Esper. It's also Trump's NSA no no no not again Trump's National Security Advisor O'Brien.

    Fox News’s Chris Wallace on Sunday grilled White House national security adviser Robert O’Brien on President Trump’s claim that the U.S. killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani to avert an imminent attack on four U.S. embassies, which lawmakers say was never mentioned in a briefing by representatives of the Trump administration.

    “It does seem to be a contradiction. He’s telling Laura Ingraham [about imminent attacks], but in a 75-minute classified briefing, your top national security people never mentioned this to members of Congress. Why not?” Wallace asked O’Brien on “Fox News Sunday.”

    “I wasn’t at the briefing, and I don’t know how the Q&A went back and forth. Sometimes it depends on the questions that were asked or how they were phrased,” O’Brien said.

    “It’s always difficult, even with the exquisite intelligence that we have, to know exactly what the targets are, but it’s certainly consistent with the intelligence to assume that they would have hit embassies in at least four countries,” he added.

    Wallace also asked O’Brien if Iranian actions in recent months had raised any doubts about the effectiveness of the administration’s “maximum pressure” campaign against Tehran.

    “I think the maximum pressure campaign is working. It’s demonstrable that it’s working. The Iranian economy has contracted by at least 10 percent. We haven’t seen that with a modern economy in many, many years,” O’Brien responded.

    Wallace also questioned O’Brien on Trump’s claims that Congress’s Gang of Eight was not briefed before the killing of Soleimani because House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) would have leaked it to the media, asking him if there had ever been a case of congressional Democrats leaking sensitive national security information to the press.

    O’Brien declined to give any such examples, instead citing former President Obama’s lack of briefing ahead of the killings of Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda-affiliated cleric Anwar al-Awlaki.
    Bolded for "this is a stupid fucking thing to say when Trump is damaging his own economy".

    But, yeah, not even FOX News is buying this. Oh, and if you say "The Democrats will leak" and the question is "When did they do that?" and you have no answer, I'm going to call that original statement a lie, knowing that you can't dispute it.

    No-one is above the law.

  6. #35146
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Let's add to this. Because it's not just Esper. It's also Trump's NSA no no no not again Trump's National Security Advisor O'Brien.



    Bolded for "this is a stupid fucking thing to say when Trump is damaging his own economy".

    But, yeah, not even FOX News is buying this. Oh, and if you say "The Democrats will leak" and the question is "When did they do that?" and you have no answer, I'm going to call that original statement a lie, knowing that you can't dispute it.
    Yes, this is "shocking" another inept and dishonest move by the Trump Administration. Everything from the intelligence to the motive looks to be a big lie. I mean this idiot cannot do one thing right.
    Artist formerly known as Shon237

  7. #35147
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Trump tweet.


    Hmm? Now Trump is a champion of the press, when he has repeatedly called it "fake news" or "enemy of the people". Also he banned any people from Iran entering the country. You know, the ones who are dying at the Iranian regime.
    WE SUPPORT YOU! Please ignore that we were threatening non-military cultural sites with destruction days ago, which would lead to your deaths, BUT WE SWEAR WE SUPPORT YOU!

  8. #35148
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    WE SUPPORT YOU! Please ignore that we were threatening non-military cultural sites with destruction days ago, which would lead to your deaths, BUT WE SWEAR WE SUPPORT YOU!
    I think all of us can agree that by any President those are meaningful words, except there is a big problem with this guy. When you spout how you hate our free press and attack it as the enemy and even let's say half the population as the enemy, your words don't mean jack.
    Artist formerly known as Shon237

  9. #35149
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We all know Esper's position. Sorry, but, if there was actionable intelligence on a credible threat, he'd have been given it directly.

    Trump makes shit up all the time and passes it along as fact. Esper very likely knows this, but doesn't want to be fired.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hmm. Is this a "Trump coddles dictators" story, "Trump is a joke in the world's eyes" story, or "Trump is Putin's bitch" story? You be the judge.



    Video here but...um...good luck.
    I'd say this can just be attributed to Putin knowing how Trump works, and how to pay him. He knows Trump could never ignore bait this juicy. He went to North Korea, he'll go to Damascus if they sell it to him as a potential win.

    So this is a 'Trump is so easy to manipulate that the instructions on how to do so could be written in Mandarin and even then a retarded monkey could do it' story.

  10. #35150
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Holy shit. Esper didn't see any intel but still acted on Trump's feels.

    Wag the Dog indeed.
    So, they can't even make up evidence, like they did with the Iraq war beginnings? Talk about fucking lazy and incompetent.

  11. #35151
    Gosh, if Trump didn't have evidence of imminent embassy attacks, I wonder what reason he had for ordering an attack on--
    Report: Trump Cited GOP Senate Impeachment Pressure As Reason to Kill Soleimani

    EDIT: Hey, also, just out of curiosity, why in the ever loving FUCK would the White House twitter account post this today when the temperature was in the 70's and there wasn't a single snowflake to be seen?

    https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...154521601?s=20

    What are the odds on how long until Trump bullies the weather channel into saying it was snowing and showing an image with sharpie all over it?
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-01-13 at 04:04 AM.

  12. #35152
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    25,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Gosh, if Trump didn't have evidence of imminent embassy attacks, I wonder what reason he had for ordering an attack on--
    Report: Trump Cited GOP Senate Impeachment Pressure As Reason to Kill Soleimani
    Another Impeachable offense. Pelosi can just start marching Articles to the Senate every month.


    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    EDIT: Hey, also, just out of curiosity, why in the ever loving FUCK would the White House twitter account post this today when the temperature was in the 70's and there wasn't a single snowflake to be seen?

    https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...154521601?s=20

    What are the odds on how long until Trump bullies the weather channel into saying it was snowing and showing an image with sharpie all over it?
    That is seriously fucked up. Is that the official WH Twit account?
    No one is above the law!

  13. #35153
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That is seriously fucked up. Is that the official WH Twit account?
    Ayep. Blue checkmark and all. This is some serious Orwellian "Ignore the evidence of your eyes and ears" bullshit.

    EDIT: Also, in before the "lol, it's all a joke; you're being trolled; he's calling libs snowflakes" defense.

  14. #35154
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    25,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Ayep. Blue checkmark and all. This is some serious Orwellian "Ignore the evidence of your eyes and ears" bullshit.

    EDIT: Also, in before the "lol, it's all a joke; you're being trolled; he's calling libs snowflakes" defense.
    Jesus - that is some seriously Orwellian shit. What in the holy fuck.
    No one is above the law!

  15. #35155
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Another Impeachable offense. Pelosi can just start marching Articles to the Senate every month.
    Said it before, but....

    I still think one possible method to counter old Moscow Mitch would be for them to have multiple articles of impeachment for all of his stuff and then blanket offenses at the end. Then release them to the Senate, one at a time. And force McConnell to hold hearings on each article individually since he wants to play around with it.

    Then he has the option of either repeatedly trying to refuse information and witnesses on all of them each time to try and push it off and watch them look more and more corrupt each time he does it. Or he can try and claim they are bad but not impeachable for them individually.

    Then when all of them are done, THEN release the big blanket ones at the end that includes all of them. Then, at that point, they have already lost their credibility trying to acquit them all and if they tried to claim he did them all but they weren't impeachable individually, the blanket ones which already included all the things they already admitted to becomes that much harder to fight.

    Either way, they are stuck having hearing after hearing after hearing and neither way makes them look any better.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  16. #35156
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Gosh, if Trump didn't have evidence of imminent embassy attacks, I wonder what reason he had for ordering an attack on--
    Report: Trump Cited GOP Senate Impeachment Pressure As Reason to Kill Soleimani

    EDIT: Hey, also, just out of curiosity, why in the ever loving FUCK would the White House twitter account post this today when the temperature was in the 70's and there wasn't a single snowflake to be seen?

    https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...154521601?s=20

    What are the odds on how long until Trump bullies the weather channel into saying it was snowing and showing an image with sharpie all over it?
    That's....that's the most bizarrely odd thing to lie about. Like, are they testing the waters to see how far they can go, or something? Or is this just them being fucking batshit crazy/stupid...which seems far more likely.

  17. #35157
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's....that's the most bizarrely odd thing to lie about. Like, are they testing the waters to see how far they can go, or something? Or is this just them being fucking batshit crazy/stupid...which seems far more likely.
    I'm reading that it was originally posted by the White House to Flickr on the 7th, when the actual first day of snow was, and something went wrong with the Twitter scheduling.

  18. #35158
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    25,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Said it before, but....

    I still think one possible method to counter old Moscow Mitch would be for them to have multiple articles of impeachment for all of his stuff and then blanket offenses at the end. Then release them to the Senate, one at a time. And force McConnell to hold hearings on each article individually since he wants to play around with it.

    Then he has the option of either repeatedly trying to refuse information and witnesses on all of them each time to try and push it off and watch them look more and more corrupt each time he does it. Or he can try and claim they are bad but not impeachable for them individually.

    Then when all of them are done, THEN release the big blanket ones at the end that includes all of them. Then, at that point, they have already lost their credibility trying to acquit them all and if they tried to claim he did them all but they weren't impeachable individually, the blanket ones which already included all the things they already admitted to becomes that much harder to fight.

    Either way, they are stuck having hearing after hearing after hearing and neither way makes them look any better.
    Interesting idea. It would certainly fuck with Moscow Mitch.

    I was hoping the Articles could be delayed until after the GOP primaries, in that it might give the GOP Senators currently up for election some protection from being primaried by Trump.
    No one is above the law!

  19. #35159
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    23,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    What are the odds on how long until Trump bullies the weather channel into saying it was snowing and showing an image with sharpie all over it?
    Just to remind everyone: one of Trump's very first lies as President was to tell people it wasn't raining on them, while it was raining on them.

    Trump's lies are objective and unquestionable.

    No-one is above the law.

  20. #35160
    First snow of the year! ❄️ https://t.co/kgSLQX6QxK
    https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...154521601?s=19

    Yes from the official White House account. Even shows a pic but looks like photoshopped snow?

    Oh another problem if you read the account or look at weather for the DC area is was in the 60's today and low in the 40's.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-01-13 at 02:36 PM.
    Artist formerly known as Shon237

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •