1. #35301
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well, since the DoJ couldn't/wouldn't investigate Biden they wanted the Ukraine to do it...investigate an American.
    Now they are investigating an American...I can appreciate the irony.
    I could be reading this wrong but it seems a bit like a shot across Trump's bow by Ukraine, particularly given how careful they've been not to offend him. Their language seemed quite pointed as well (although I also briefly wondered if they were laying the groundwork for other investigations...):

    "“Ukraine cannot ignore such illegal activities on the territory of its own state,” the ministry said of the documents, which revealed that an American landscaping contractor named Robert Hyde had repeatedly sent Parnas texts informing him of Yovanovitch’s movements last year.

    As such, the National Police of Ukraine has opened a criminal probe into the matter, according to the ministry.

    “Our goal is to investigate whether there actually was a violation of Ukrainian and International law, which could be the subject for proper reaction,” it said, saying that Ukraine expects the U.S. to “respond promptly.”"

    On a side note, can you imagine Hillary Clinton, as Secretary of State, staying silent in the face of evidence that diplomats were being targeted and surveilled?

    We're so far out of the norm we're in the Upside Down.

  2. #35302
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...ng-on-tax-cuts

    Donald Trump and the Republican Party are trying to destroy the US economy.

    The first round of tax cu...corporate handouts didn't work. Economy was going fine, it didn't do much too "prime the pump", deficits are soaring while corporations and the rich have seen their tax burden disappear. While normal folks saw little to no benefit.

    And now they want to do it again leading into an election year, because I guess if we completely obliterate the US economy with terrible, stupid, moronic fiscal policy that's never worked, that's...good?
    The economy is said to be booming but needs a second stimulus to help it. That's just fucking stupid.

    But hey maybe this time everyone will get the $4000 a year Trump promised. I mean it won't happen and this will only fuck things up further, but one can dream.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  3. #35303
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The economy is said to be booming but needs a second stimulus to help it. That's just fucking stupid.

    But hey maybe this time everyone will get the $4000 a year Trump promised. I mean it won't happen and this will only fuck things up further, but one can dream.
    We already know the plan. The Republicans will throw milk and cereal on the floor, leave the room, and blame the Democrats for the mess once they lose power.

  4. #35304
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    26,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The economy is said to be booming but needs a second stimulus to help it. That's just fucking stupid.

    But hey maybe this time everyone will get the $4000 a year Trump promised. I mean it won't happen and this will only fuck things up further, but one can dream.
    If Trump is reelected and the GOP holds the Senate, we're basically fucked.
    No one is above the law!

  5. #35305
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If Trump is reelected and the GOP holds the Senate, we're basically fucked.
    No doubts there. I'm of the belief Trump will win, but that's from trusting more in people's stupidity.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  6. #35306
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...ng-on-tax-cuts

    Donald Trump and the Republican Party are trying to destroy the US economy.

    The first round of tax cu...corporate handouts didn't work. Economy was going fine, it didn't do much too "prime the pump", deficits are soaring while corporations and the rich have seen their tax burden disappear. While normal folks saw little to no benefit.

    And now they want to do it again leading into an election year, because I guess if we completely obliterate the US economy with terrible, stupid, moronic fiscal policy that's never worked, that's...good?
    Nothing says "best economy in history" like a stimulus to get the economy going...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Man, there really should have been an Xzibit cameo in Inception.

  7. #35307
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    23,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The first round of tax cu...corporate handouts didn't work. Economy was going fine, it didn't do much too "prime the pump", deficits are soaring while corporations and the rich have seen their tax burden disappear. While normal folks saw little to no benefit.
    It's a trick to make Democrats vote against a tax cut in an election year. And it needs to be exposed as such.

    It should be countered with the truth: Democrats painting the tax cut for the rich as it was, a handout by the GOP to their billionaire friends while small businesses and farmers went bankrupt. Cut to Trump making lie after lie, broken promise after broken promise, and compared to the reality of 2019. Then it should be countered with a different option. "Warren/Sanders/Bloomberg/Oprah have a tax cut that will actually help the working American, not the giant companies that buy back stocks while laying people off, and definitely not racist millionaires under tax fraud investigation like Trump. Send a message to Washington that the free ride for the rich is over. Time for them to pay their fair share like you do. Tell your Senator/Rep to vote for the Warren/Sanders/Bloomberg plan, not another million for Trump to put in his own pockets. I'm Breccia, and I approve this message."

    No-one is above the law.

  8. #35308
    The Lightbringer Zaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    3,145
    So you know how Trump and the US military declared there were no US casualties after Irans missile strikes last week? Turns out that looks like it was a lie and at least 11 US service members got injured.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers


  9. #35309
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    23,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    So you know how Trump and the US military declared there were no US casualties after Irans missile strikes last week? Turns out that looks like it was a lie and at least 11 US service members got injured.
    Okay, so, missiles hit the base. Pretty sure now both "we missed on purpose" Iran and "our defense systems worked" US are lying. Awesome.

    No-one is above the law.

  10. #35310
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    20,717
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    We already know the plan. The Republicans will throw milk and cereal on the floor, leave the room, and blame the Democrats for the mess once they lose power.
    If it means they're out of power, it's a deal.

    Just like that moron (not naming names, of course) that keeps raving that right wing loonies will instigate a civil war and the military will gun down all the democrats if Trump loses. I invite any speculative chance at such nonsense... if you could guarantee me that Trump would indeed lose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's a trick to make Democrats vote against a tax cut in an election year. And it needs to be exposed as such.

    It should be countered with the truth: Democrats painting the tax cut for the rich as it was, a handout by the GOP to their billionaire friends while small businesses and farmers went bankrupt. Cut to Trump making lie after lie, broken promise after broken promise, and compared to the reality of 2019. Then it should be countered with a different option. "Warren/Sanders/Bloomberg/Oprah have a tax cut that will actually help the working American, not the giant companies that buy back stocks while laying people off, and definitely not racist millionaires under tax fraud investigation like Trump. Send a message to Washington that the free ride for the rich is over. Time for them to pay their fair share like you do. Tell your Senator/Rep to vote for the Warren/Sanders/Bloomberg plan, not another million for Trump to put in his own pockets. I'm Breccia, and I approve this message."
    The democrats need to stop dicking around and settle on a single candidate for exactly this reason. Their MO right now is trying to one-up one another in fairly inconsequential ways to get the nomination. Once they settle on a candidate, they need a united front of anti-trump messaging to spread across these United States.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  11. #35311
    The Lightbringer Dr Assbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,735
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gao...ke-law-ukraine

    Oh my would you look at that . It appears that the GAO has deemed that the Trump admin broke the law after all.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

    I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

  12. #35312
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    26,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gao...ke-law-ukraine

    Oh my would you look at that . It appears that the GAO has deemed that the Trump admin broke the law after all.
    How can you believe such a biased source of informat-...oh, wait a minute.

    Now we have objective verification.

    Love your sig btw. Great/Classic movie.
    No one is above the law!

  13. #35313
    The Lightbringer Dr Assbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,735
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    How can you believe such a biased source of informat-...oh, wait a minute.

    Now we have objective verification.

    Love your sig btw. Great/Classic movie.
    It's funny since the comments on FOX news articles which are normally just 24/7 worshiping the ground Trump walks on have increasingly been taken over by people calling them out on stuff. Predictably the Trump admin has started trying to tarnish the GAO's reputation as partisan even though they are well known to be a neutral entity.

    Also reread my sig again lol.
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2020-01-17 at 04:50 AM.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

    I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

  14. #35314
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    So you know how Trump and the US military declared there were no US casualties after Irans missile strikes last week? Turns out that looks like it was a lie and at least 11 US service members got injured.
    Now is a great time to remind everyone......

    - Trump became president because stupid people got upset that about Hillary's emails.
    - Hillary's e-mails were only a thing because of the ineffectiveness of all 4,396 Benghazi investigations.
    - There were Benghazi investigations because Hillary said for two days (until better intelligence came out), that American embassy members were killed by terrorists who hate us and were inflamed by an anti-Muslim movie, instead of just American embassy members were killed by terrorists who hate us.

    Now they will hand wave Trump lying about that American service members were killed because of retaliation to a poorly conceived attack by Trump.

    I hate this timeline.
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

  15. #35315
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

    Now they will hand wave Trump lying about that American service members were killed because of retaliation to a poorly conceived attack by Trump.
    Nobody was killed (casualty means injured or killed). They're having concussion symptoms mostly.

  16. #35316
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Nothing says "best economy in history" like a stimulus to get the economy going...
    The second attempt at it too, don't forget.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  17. #35317
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The second attempt at it too, don't forget.
    Don't forget, that besides the stimulus, you also have the farmers being subsidized by socialism to keep them from all going out of business. Yeah, if the economy is doing so good, why are the farm bankruptcies up like 20-30%?

  18. #35318
    The Lightbringer Zaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Don't forget, that besides the stimulus, you also have the farmers being subsidized by socialism to keep them from all going out of business. Yeah, if the economy is doing so good, why are the farm bankruptcies up like 20-30%?
    Trumps trade wars he is busy losing with a good chunk of the world for one.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers


  19. #35319
    I guess if they do manage to completely ruin the economy, then it will become an impossibility to make any welfare/socialist programs because of sheer bankruptcy; so it is a self serving prophecy in some weird way.

    I frankly wouldn't put it past a few conservatives to actually think like that, been in this game for far too long to underestimate some of my colleagues insanity
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

  20. #35320
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    I guess if they do manage to completely ruin the economy, then it will become an impossibility to make any welfare/socialist programs because of sheer bankruptcy; so it is a self serving prophecy in some weird way.

    I frankly wouldn't put it past a few conservatives to actually think like that, been in this game for far too long to underestimate some of my colleagues insanity
    Paul Ryan said that was his policy, it wasn't a secret. He wanted to starve the government so they would be forced to cut social programs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •