10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Trump wants kids shot, kids in cages, and he wants this PR stunt to actually do something. If nothing happens more of his base will hate it, but if one gun shot goes off they will scream for joy.

Then of course we'll have Dacien, Knadra, and others come and go "both sides" and how this wasn't violent at all.
    Because in these people's minds, seeking asylum is a capital crime. Throwing rocks, capital crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Given that it's clearly using the Game of Thrones font, and clearly is mimicking the "Winter is coming" tagline, is this not copyright infringement? I know there's some protections with political messaging, but artists sue campaigns all the time for using their music without permission, so I assume this kind of stuff is not protected either.

Edit: He's also cast himself as the Night King, the zombie overlord who seeks to destroy civilization, with the way he's set this up. Since the winter that's coming is largely due to the Night King, and here, sanctions are due to Trump.
    Yeah, but Steve Bannon is the Night King.

Trump is Joffrey.

- - - Updated - - -

Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Edit: He's also cast himself as the Night King, the zombie overlord who seeks to destroy civilization, with the way he's set this up. Since the winter that's coming is largely due to the Night King, and here, sanctions are due to Trump.
    Let's not pretend like he understands the reference.

He saw a picture of himself, and couldn't help but promote his stupid face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Right, as cited earlier, we don't know who's getting waivers. And I will say "It's Russia" until proven wrong.

Who are we supposed to be sanctioning?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Everyone until they do what we want because we're the best so everyone should do what they say.

I thought Trump said he was going to sanction mexico and all the countries the caravan is coming from.

10+ Year Old Account
    We should be sanctioning Russia and Saudi Arabia.

But I bet it's something stupid like Honduras for "teh karavan"

(And how come the only auto correct for "Hondoras" was "Hondas"? Come on!)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, actually, it's a different sort of stupid: https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/02/polit...ons/index.html

Iran.

Nothing says "diplomacy" like "hey, that deal we made with you is invalid if the next president hates it!" It's bullshit. Iran has complied with the deal, they have violated nothing. But because Trump & Co are idiots (and Bolton's mustache wants to make war) we're going to sanction them anyways.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    We should be sanctioning Russia and Saudi Arabia.

But I bet it's something stupid like Honduras for "teh karavan"

(And how come the only auto correct for "Hondoras" was "Hondas"? Come on!)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, actually, it's a different sort of stupid: https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/02/polit...ons/index.html

Iran.

Nothing says "diplomacy" like "hey, that deal we made with you is invalid if the next president hates it!" It's bullshit. Iran has complied with the deal, they have violated nothing. But because Trump & Co are idiots (and Bolton's mustache wants to make war) we're going to sanction them anyways.
    To be fair, Trump and his supporters probably don't know the difference between Honda and Honduras.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    To be fair, Trump and his supporters probably don't know the difference between Honda and Honduras.
    I'd bet half of them would scratch their head and ask why we're sanctioning someones bath house, but roll with it anyways because fuck the libs.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    “I told Trump that the rally looked vanilla on television. Trump responded, ‘That’s because black people are too stupid to vote for me.’”
    after Nelson Mandela’s death. “[Trump] said to me, ‘Name one country run by a black person that’s not a shithole,’ and then he added, ‘Name one city,’”
    “We were going from the airport to the hotel, and we drove through what looked like a rougher neighborhood. Trump made a comment to me, saying that only the blacks could live like this.”
    “Trump was explaining his back-and-forth about not picking Jackson,” an African-American investment manager who had graduated from Harvard Business School. “He said, ‘There’s no way I can let this black f-g win.’”
    Trump as reported by Michael Cohen.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...acist-language

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    we're going to sanction them anyways.
    Actually, I'm modestly confident (0.05 < P < 0.10) that we're going to sanction people who deal with Iran.

And also Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

Yeah it's coming out of Michael Cohen's mouth so I am not confident of the source.

But I don't doubt it.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Yeah it's coming out of Michael Cohen's mouth so I am not confident of the source.

But I don't doubt it.
    Trump is racist, so it's definitely plausible.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

But I don't doubt it.
    Why not trust Cohen. He has been truthful and backed up his claims with receipts.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...41834015965186
    In that video (from FOX news) Trump practically tells the world he wants to detain immigrants in what equates to concentration camps for an unlimited time, not to let them out, not to judge them. Just stick them there.
    No real surprise there, Trump has said he wants to hold the kids indefinitely, and that was months ago. Trump is the white trash Michael Jackson.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

You know, in the beginning I was on the fence about Trump's racism. Considering him of a different age and being completely out of touch, and while he definitely didn't like them I was sure it wasn't racism,b ut something more. It's most certainly racism at this point.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    No real surprise there, Trump has said he wants to hold the kids indefinitely, and that was months ago. Trump is the white trash Michael Jackson.
    Michael Jackson is the white trash Michael Jackson... the dude bought a monkey... who buys a monkey?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Michael Jackson is the white trash Michael Jackson... the dude bought a monkey... who buys a monkey?
    Difference being Jackson actually created great things before going nuts, Trump hasn't and that's where the white trash version comes from.

If Jackson just wanted kids to stay for the night and Trump wants to keep kids forever while abusing them, then that makes him the white trash version.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, your analogy doesn't really stand up in the slightest. Nice try though!
    I don't care, point was to insult Trump, not make a good analogy. Sorry, I didn't give you A material though, poor you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, your analogy doesn't really stand up in the slightest. Nice try though!
    It can... I think he was the most famous incel.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It can... I think he was the most famous incel.
    That would describe Trump pretty well.