Dear diary, I never thought I'd fall in love with a dictionary...

https://twitter.com/MerriamWebster/s...972400128?s=20
    Merriam-Webster

@MerriamWebster
    ·
    14m

'Moot' (n) :

a deliberative assembly primarily for the administration of justice; especially : one held by the freemen of an Anglo-Saxon community

'Moat' (n) :

a deep wide ditch around the walls of a castle or fort that is usually filled with water
    The alligator emoji in the Tweet kills me.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    He's had a good start, only the second day and he's already tweeting like crazy in just the last couple hours, including this;

The President is finally cursing on Twitter, such respect we should all have for this man!
    The ironic thing being the house dems have been passing tons of bills. It is the senate that is sitting on everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elaina Plott of the Atlantic recently posted this series of texts, ostensibly from the Ghoul himself:

Bigly if true? I'd believe it considering this was apparently also a statement of his:

"Rudy Giuliani was nearly shouting in my phone call with him. “It is impossible that the whistle-blower is a hero and I’m not. And I will be the hero! These morons—when this is over, I will be the hero,” he told me."

- - - Updated - - -

You just can't make this shit up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    He's had a good start, only the second day and he's already tweeting like crazy in just the last couple hours, including this;

The Do Nothing Democrats should be focused on building up our Country, not wasting everyone’s time and energy on BULLSHIT, which is what they have been doing ever since I got overwhelmingly elected in 2016, 223-306. Get a better candidate this time, you’ll need it!
    The President is finally cursing on Twitter, such respect we should all have for this man!
    We're starting to see more of his real personality come through his tweets. IIRC, he usually doesn't include much profanity in his lies tweets. Seeing "bullshit" in all caps is interesting in regards to his rapidly deteriorating mind/residency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    We're starting to see more of his real personality come through his tweets. IIRC, he usually doesn't include much profanity in his lies tweets. Seeing "bullshit" in all caps is interesting in regards to his rapidly deteriorating mind/residency.
    He is complaining about do nothing democrats, for seeking impeachment, because Trump used his time as president to ask foreign leaders for election help... instead of doing what is best for the country.

Edit: if Trump is so confident in his win, why is he and his cronies traveling the world asking for favors in the election?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Elaina Plott of the Atlantic recently posted this series of texts, ostensibly from the Ghoul himself:

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EF17-FjXoAUez4N?format=jpg&name=small[

Bigly if true? I'd believe it considering this was apparently also a statement of his:

"Rudy Giuliani was nearly shouting in my phone call with him. “It is impossible that the whistle-blower is a hero and I’m not. And I will be the hero! These morons—when this is over, I will be the hero,” he told me."

- - - Updated - - -

A jaw suit?

It might be his best idea to date

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    if Trump is so confident in his win, why is he and his cronies traveling the world asking for favors in the election?
    So much for America First, right? Trump can't find anyone in America to help, so he's outsourcing overseas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He is complaining about do nothing democrats, for seeking impeachment, because Trump used his time as president to ask foreign leaders for election help... instead of doing what is best for the country.

Edit: if Trump is so confident in his win, why is he and his cronies traveling the world asking for favors in the election?
    Cause he can't say "My win was bigger than Obama's" without laughter and instant proof that he's lying.

He NEEDS that.

@Breccia

A quick question, that 1%GDP that GM brings, does that include all their parts and materials suppliers?
    Last edited by D Luniz; 2019-10-02 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    A quick question, that 1%GDP that GM brings, does that include all their parts and materials suppliers?
    That's actually all automaking, not GM specifically. However,
    1) yes it includes parts that are used, and
    2) GM is about one-sixth of the US auto market, which means they're responsible for roughly 0.20% to 0.25% of the US GDP because of how foreign cars are made using foreign parts, even if they're assembled here. That is napkin math and I'm not super sure about it, but it can't be much lower or higher.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You are just reading this wrong. He wants to create a suit out of jaws - shark jaws probably. Then he rolls around in the swamp and damages it. 4d tailoring!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    A jaw suit?

It might be his best idea to date
    damn, you beat me to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elaina Plott of the Atlantic recently posted this series of texts[/url], ostensibly from the Ghoul himself:
    There is no way this can possibly be true.

And if it is, that says more about Giuliani than me when I'm wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There is no way this can possibly be true.

And if it is, that says more about Giuliani than me when I'm wrong.
    I mean...Plott is known to have Rudy's number and he does have a history of sending her shit. Take that how you will.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

https://twitter.com/RepDonBeyer/stat...26025278754821

Oh look, Trump, who pathetically whined and moaned like a little bitch about the "foul language" from certain Democrats uses the exact same kind of foul language himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/RepDonBeyer/stat...26025278754821

Oh look, Trump, who pathetically whined and moaned like a little bitch about the "foul language" from certain Democrats uses the exact same kind of foul language himself.
    *patiently waits for Fox News to start putting out articles about how 'bullshit' isn't a swear*

https://theweek.com/speedreads/86922...-migrants-legs

Interestingly, Trump only seems to be specifically denying the reports about the moat/alligators...not the reports that he wanted CBP to shoot migrants in the legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean...Plott is known to have Rudy's number and he does have a history of sending her shit. Take that how you will.
    And I'm sure Plott is a trusted, respected reporter. Just...that's insane gibbering. That's foaming at the mouth levels of babble. "The Swamp"?

10+ Year Old Account
    And I'm sure Plott is a trusted, respected reporter. Just...that's insane gibbering. That's foaming at the mouth levels of babble. "The Swamp"?
    I mean you need a jawsuit to take on the Swamp.

In federal court.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Have you heard Rudy talk? Like out loud? Seems pretty much like the same thing, in text form.

Anyway, I am skeptical too, same thing with the ditch full of alligators. The problem isn't that it is unbelievable, it is just so inanely irrelevant to anything, and I am quite confident that literally everyone involved is lying. Random white house staffers leek so much, that it is highly probable that they are just making up crap to grab headlines at this point.

Of course Rudy and Trump are both stupid enough that these stories could be absolutely true, we just don't know. Either way it doesn't matter, we need to refocus on the actual crimes, not the circus acts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you need a jawsuit to take on the Swamp.

In federal court.
    Can someone who isn't at work do me a favor and photoshop Rudy in a Halloween shark suit?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Pelosi had a press conference in which she brought up NAFTA 1.0.0.2 as well as drug pricing.

The American people want us to do that. If the president is saying 'if you question my actions I can't agree on any subject,' then the ball is in his court
    Naturally, Trump tweeted.

Nancy Pelosi just said that she is interested in lowering prescription drug prices & working on the desperately needed USMCA. She is incapable of working on either. It is just camouflage for trying to win an election through impeachment. The Do Nothing Democrats are stuck in mud!
    Time for a tiebreaker.

In a far departure from all of the work and results of this President, House Democrats have destroyed any chances of legislative progress for the people of this country by continuing to focus all their energy on partisan political attacks. Their attacks on the President and his agenda are not only partisan and pathetic, they are in dereliction of their Constitutional duty.
    Yep, that's the WH press secretary last week, and as such, the official WH word that working with the WH is "destroyed".

Point goes to Pelosi. *ding*

Also, Trump tweeted from the couch while Pelosi faced reporters in person. Point goes to Pelosi. *ding*

- - - Updated - - -

Axios reports more bad news for the NRA.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Fi--
    Wait, what the fuck?

(checks article twice)

I mean...that's what it says...

and Finance Committee chair Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) on Wednesday formally requested that the IRS investigate the National Rifle Association for potential violations of tax law related to its interactions with Russian nationals.

A report by Democrats on the Senate Finance Committee alleged that the NRA acted as a Russian asset in 2016 by offering a promise of access to elected U.S. officials in exchange for business deals. The revelations raise questions about whether the NRA could lose its tax-exempt status, as tax exempt organizations are not allowed to use funding to personally benefit their officials or for actions significantly outside their stated mission.
    Damn. Now the Russians won't be able to deduct their contributions to the NRA.