Awww, Trump can't loot the US host the G7 at his resort because of the mean Democrats and Crooked Media®.

What a strong glorious leader who doesnt back down from anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Awww, Trump can't loot the US host the G7 at his resort because of the mean Democrats and Crooked Media®.

What a strong glorious leader who doesnt back down from anything.
    Trump tied up like a Scooby Doo villain: I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling Democrats and Media and your Constitution.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Trump dropped plans to have the G7 at Doral.
    LOL

https://apnews.com/d3a7b2d762c9472c8eeec811f33afc47
    Man, I really don't think 'I can't believe these people are angry at me for wanting to use my seat to line my own pockets with foreign and domestic taxpayer money!' is as good an excuse as he thinks it is. It's like announcing you're going to egg someone's house, then resend it by blaming your neighbors for not letting you egg someone's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    This is what I meant by changing course on this being a strategic mistake, regardless of whether it was actually a violation of the emoluments clause.
    Awesome so now we know you don't care about laws being broken as long as Trump is the one breaking them. This is exactly why I laugh at anyone who thinks the GOP is the party of law and order or family values because they literally spit on morals, ethics, laws and order if it ever inconvenienced them.

Saying this I shouldn't be surprised because you shilled hard for a known pedophile for the Senator so shilling hard for someone who breaks the Constitution isn't surprising at all.
    Last edited by pathora44; 2019-10-20 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Man, I really don't think 'I can't believe these people are angry at me for wanting to use my seat to line my own pockets with foreign and domestic taxpayer money!' is as good an excuse as he thinks it is. It's like announcing you're going to egg someone's house, then resend it by blaming your neighbors for not letting you egg someone's house.
    It was win-win for him. If he gets away with it, he gets to make some money and support a struggling property. If he doesn't, he can just quickly back off thus undercutting any complaints about it and turning the whole thing into another media distraction from matters of substance.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    It was win-win for him. If he gets away with it, he gets to make some money and support a struggling property. If he doesn't, he can just quickly back off thus undercutting any complaints about it and turning the whole thing into another media distraction from matters of substance.
    Honestly if he wanted to use this to manipulated the media he would've stuck with it for a bit longer and let the outrage cover for the Ukraine/Syria stuff for a little while since it's a lot easier to spin. I'm guessing someone he actually bothers listening to in Washington told him it was a fuckin' stupid idea / only fed into the narrative that the impeachment inquiry was presenting and he called it off and - in regular Trump fashion - refused to own up to his mistake and blames everyone else for making him cancel.

Honestly if he wanted to use this to manipulated the media he would've stuck with it for a bit longer and let the outrage cover for the Ukraine/Syria stuff for a little while since it's a lot easier to spin. I'm guessing someone he actually bothers listening to in Washington told him it was a fuckin' stupid idea / only fed into the narrative that the impeachment inquiry was presenting and he called it off and - in regular Trump fashion - refused to own up to his mistake and blames everyone else for making him cancel.
    Maybe, I think it played as long as it could under the conditions, and there's sure to be more coming. Still, you can't overestimate the degree of blindness the man has to his own corruption, I'm probably giving him too much credit.

Pandaren Monk
    Maybe, I think it played as long as it could under the conditions, and there's sure to be more coming. Still, you can't overestimate the degree of blindness the man has to his own corruption, I'm probably giving him too much credit.
    Honestly Trump doing stupid shit to derail the conversation away from his more egregious stupid shit is kind of his MO, and the timing of events very well could have been deliberate on his end. But with the timing of when it happened, and how quickly he caved, only makes him out to look even worse.

Him saying that he caved to pressure from Democrats and the Media right on the heels of him seemingly caving to Turkey just makes him look as weak domestically as he is internationally. It's telling people he'll simply roll over to others who have any sort of leverage on him without putting up a fight or even trying to get a better deal out of it.

In a fucked up way I agree with Sulla on this: Politically, Trump would've been better off trying to dig his heels in on this if only to keep him from looking like a pushover, even if the thing he was fighting for skirts the borders of legality. It's not like he's unfamiliar with doing questionable shit and having his lackeys cover for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Can you guys just ignore trolls like Sulla and stop debating with them ffs? Have the mofo on ignore but I hate seeing whatever is they say when you idiots quote them to debate.
    1000x this. All people like Sulla, Zenkai, Schackler and the likes of them want to do is derail the thread on tangents and semantics. It's a distraction tactic that too many people (including myself at times) are all too eager to fall for

Honestly Trump doing stupid shit to derail the conversation away from his more egregious stupid shit is kind of his MO, and the timing of events very well could have been deliberate on his end. But with the timing of when it happened, and how quickly he caved, only makes him out to look even worse.

Him saying that he caved to pressure from Democrats and the Media right on the heels of him seemingly caving to Turkey just makes him look as weak domestically as he is internationally. It's telling people he'll simply roll over to others who have any sort of leverage on him without putting up a fight or even trying to get a better deal out of it.

In a fucked up way I agree with Sulla on this: Politically, Trump would've been better off trying to dig his heels in on this if only to keep him from looking like a pushover, even if the thing he was fighting for skirts the borders of legality. It's not like he's unfamiliar with doing questionable shit and having his lackeys cover for him.
    I'm not sure he can do much to resist the GOP at this point. He could run with this distraction for as long as they'll let him. Impeachment is coming and he needs McConnell on his team, I'm pretty sure the coup he's afraid of is from "his" team, not from the democrats. He may not have done that math ahead of time, and could have thought he would get more play out of this than he did. Granted this is all so speculative that it's nearly meaningless, just fun to think about different angles to pass the time and avoid feeding the ducks. The real answer is that he probably never saw a problem with doing it in the first place.

Pandaren Monk
    The real answer is that he probably never saw a problem with doing it in the first place.
    Really I'm sure that's all what it boils down to, in the end. So now we wait for the next colossal fuck-up and hope it doesn't endanger anyone.

I feel like no one talked about the fact that the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals is going to have all 15 Judges hear arguments over the Trump Hotel Maryland/Emoluments suit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...199_story.html

I think the last time the US was interested in Korea's beaches was at Inchon. From anyone else, this could be a subtle warning or cheeky trolling. "You got a nice beach there. Be a shame if 75,000 soldiers were to walk over it."
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-10-20 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I think the last time the US was interested in Korea's beaches was at Inchon. From anyone else, this could be a subtle warning or cheeky trolling. "You got a nice beach there. Be a shame if 75,000 soldiers were to walk over it."
    Trump would sell US secrets to NK given the opportunity to build a hotel there. It's probably already in the works, that's why he keeps kissing their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Actually, funny story, while researching that last post I found this one:

US President Donald Trump spooked the Pentagon leadership with a tweet that – had it been sent – would have been read by North Korea as a sign of an imminent US attack, journalist Bob Woodward has said in an interview.

Woodward, whose new book Fear: Trump in the White House hits book stores on Tuesday, described the incident in the interview with CBS as the most dangerous moment of Trump’s nuclear standoff with North Korea.

“He drafts a tweet saying ‘We are going to pull our dependents from South Korea – family members of the 28,000 people there,’” Woodward said, referring to families of US troops stationed on the Korean peninsula.

The tweet was never sent because of a back-channel message from the North Koreans that they would view it as a sign the US was preparing to attack, according to CBS.

“At that moment there was a sense of profound alarm in the Pentagon leadership that, ‘My God, one tweet and we have reliable information that the North Koreans are going to read this as ‘an attack is imminent.’”
    So you say "subtle warning" and Trump says "hold my Diet Coke".

This is what happens when you put an incompetent businessman in charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey remember when Trump said he's bring the troops home? "no more Endless Wars"?

They're not coming home. Trump lied.

Defense Secretary Mark Esper told reporters Saturday night that all of the nearly 1,000 U.S. troops leaving Syria will continue the fight against the Islamic State, or ISIS, from western Iraq, the Wall Street Journal reports.

President Trump has faced scathing criticism from Republicans and Democrats alike for his decision to withdraw U.S. troops from northern Syria, which paved the way for Turkey to lead a military offensive against Kurdish forces who allied with the U.S. in the fight against ISIS.

On Wednesday, the House voted 354-60 condemn Trump's Syria decision.

What he's saying: Esper told reporters traveling with him to the Middle East that U.S. troops would "help defend Iraq" and that the troop movement would be completed in "weeks not days," per Reuters. He didn't rule out U.S. counterterrorism operations being launched from Iraq into Syria, according to AP.
    So...how does this reduce the cost? How does this stop Endless Wars? How did this help in any way? They're still overseas, they're still fighting ISIS, except that we gave up positions and equipment (bombed our own base) and allowed a genocide. And, of course, Trump lied. Again.

No-one is above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So...how does this reduce the cost? How does this stop Endless Wars? How did this help in any way? They're still overseas, they're still fighting ISIS, except that we gave up positions and equipment (bombed our own base) and allowed a genocide. And, of course, Trump lied. Again.
    He always wanted air war against ISIS, not land war. Plus, existing remains of ISIS are more of scarecrow then real threat.

It helps because it makes Syria's territory problem of legitimate Syrian government rather then US problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    He always wanted air war against ISIS, not land war. Plus, existing remains of ISIS are more of scarecrow then real threat.
    But Trump said ISIS has been 100% eradicated how can we still be fighting someone that's dead? If they're not dead and not a threat why continue fighting? Why are your arguments so bad? Will Rita Repulsa defeat the Power Rangers? Found next time! Same shill channel same shill place!

In all seriousness what's going on with moving troops around like this just for Trump's ego is fucking disgusting and anyone involved with any of it that lets any of this happen is part of the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's an article from about a week and a half ago showing novice climbers easily getting over a replica of Trump's "wall".

Trump said that only Olympic class pole vaulters would be able to get over it, but here we have novice climbers and even children doing it with ease. Every Trumplestiltskin got trolled hard on this wall thing.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Thanks for letting me know you've given up on your illogical posting.
    Leave it to Trump supporter to act like they won the argument when the other side brings up facts.
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...35579327193093

"....Therefore, based on both Media & Democrat Crazed and Irrational Hostility, we will no longer consider Trump National Doral, Miami, as the Host Site for the G-7 in 2020. We will begin the search for another site, including the possibility of Camp David, immediately. Thank you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Trump dropped plans to have the G7 at Doral.
    LOL
    https://apnews.com/d3a7b2d762c9472c8eeec811f33afc47
    I'm more inclined to believe he actually had advisors tell him to change it, rather than it being a few words from the Big Bad Media.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm more inclined to believe he actually had advisors tell him to change it, rather than it being a few words from the Big Bad Media.
    I dunno, did Fox say anything bad about it? They dictate policy most of the time.
    /s