https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/22/w...ump-orban.html

In Hungary, a Freewheeling Trump Ambassador Undermines U.S. Diplomats
    He brokered a White House meeting for Hungary’s prime minister. He spends $320,000 on parties and takes positions at odds with American policy. He says he knows what President Trump wants.
    That's just the headline and subhead. Holy shit this article is a wild ride, and whoever is Secretary of State next administration is going to have a whole lot of cleanup on their hands.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/jennfranconews/s...71463006257152

“The president’s not comparing what’s happened to him with one of our darkest moments in American history.”
    He's not comparing it to a lynching, but he just compared it to a lynching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    https://twitter.com/DavidAFrench/sta...738387457?s=19

This is a comment from a deeply conservative guy, a deeply religious conservative, albeit a Catholic, not an Evangelical.

https://twitter.com/jwpetersNYT/stat...860809216?s=19

We all know this but no shock. The cold fact is their religious ideology drives them to supporting Trump. Ironically if it was a different religion we would be up in arms.

Now studies showed those who called themselves Evangelicals only half attended church regularly. So I guess we could say this group, which is a super majority white still identifies with this group.
    Mammonites gonna mammon

And they wonder why church attendance keeps going down among the youth. Even the beginning of the zoomers are starting to drop off once they're on their own

Remember the anonymous OpEd in the NYT?
    They're wrote a book called A Warning that goes on sale on November 19th. The author is going to remain anonymous.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5ce_story.html
    https://www.amazon.com/Warning/dp/1538718464

I'm not sure I agree with them staying anonymous. Stand up for what you believe is right.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That's.... that's not real, right? I mean, these things can be faked. But then, it is Trump.... oh God, it's real, isn't it?
    It says my closest ally but words like perfect aren;'t included.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    When the next president is going to move in after the Orange moron, just refurnishing the the Oval Office won't be enough. They are going to have to do an exorcism to get the stupid out.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson walking through the Oval Office chanting "The power of Newton compels you! The power of Newton compels you!"

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Remember the anonymous OpEd in the NYT?
    They're wrote a book called A Warning that goes on sale on November 19th. The author is going to remain anonymous.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5ce_story.html
    https://www.amazon.com/Warning/dp/1538718464

I'm not sure I agree with them staying anonymous. Stand up for what you believe is right.
    What a spineless coward. How exactly is it a "Tell all" when he doesn't tell who his is or how he got this information? Is he giving up all the proceeds, or is he going to be making money on this? Because it is hardly a moral stand when you make a few million in cash without risking anything to do so.

We don't need someone telling us this is a shitshow. We have eyes, we can see that the President retweeted his own ass, and that was just this morning.

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits...-could-be-next

So it looks like a group called "Metric Media" is creating a whole lot of fake "local" news outlets in swing states. They're copying formatting from existing, real outlets and cover much of the same material, but slide in all kinds of pro-Trump content randomly.

Competing media outlets are fine. But dishonestly trying to confuse people into mistaking them for existing sites is gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

So it looks like a group called "Metric Media" is creating a whole lot of fake "local" news outlets in swing states. They're copying formatting from existing, real outlets and cover much of the same material, but slide in all kinds of pro-Trump content randomly.

Competing media outlets are fine. But dishonestly trying to confuse people into mistaking them for existing sites is gross.
    Eh, it's just their way of proving fake news exists by manufacturing it directly.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

I am honestly most curious about the stories to the side. The one on top says "VA reports increase in appointments at the Ann Arbor Clinic" and the third one from the top says "VA reports decrease in appointments at the Ann Arbor Clinic".

The first one makes sense from a propaganda perspective. The GOP found a winning strategy in attacking the VA under the Obama administration to ensure they got all those angry old veteran votes like @Ghostpanther, and now this time they have to pretend that the VA somehow miraculously got better since 2016 (It hasn't), and if the evil dems win they will wreck the VA again. But it seems like they mixed up their lies, and the third story seems to be a copy paste except it contradicts the first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that Trump seems to be completely surrounded by criminals?
    I think you meant "foreign agents". Sri Lanka this time. That's new.

Oh, and illegal campaign contributions and tax evasion. Yep, that's a Trump supporter, right there.

"...Work was needed to make the measure more bipartisan."

What a load of bullshit. There's nothing partisan about shoring up election security, unless you think your party benefits from less secure elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Thanks a lot! Shit's been wild here. People of all of the political spectrum and societal spectrum is protesting (barring some extreme right wing people, like my parents ffs). In Santiago there're like 5 or 6 massive protests going on ATM. The political class has been blinsdided in an epic way. They don't know what to do, and are aware that they're the cause of this crap.
    Its wild because i was in Chile 3 years ago on vacation. Pucón was wonderful it is a shame that the protests have taken over but again i hope they get what they need to ease the lives they have had to suffer from. Austerity has not been welcomed at all in South America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Trump is reportedly looking at replacements to Mulvaney.
    Three people being floated are *drumrolls*
    • Jared Kushner
    • Kellyanne Conway
    • Matthew Whitaker

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...KBN1X02DG?il=0

Remember Whitiker? The stooge that replaced Sessions as acting Attorney General.
    He is literally running out of people to appoint.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    He is literally running out of people to appoint.
    He can't find people.

I mean, purely objectively, this cannot last with the Trump Administration. It already WAS a skeleton crew. Now it's... I'm not sure what the term is. He can't fill positions. People don't want to work for him. His Administration is losing people far faster than it is replacing.

It factually cannot continue for another 5 years. They'll have to start making the janitors the Acting Secretarys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh...the headline says it all.

Graham and Fox News expert showed Trump a map to change his mind about Syria withdrawal

Basically, they pointed to Syria's oil, and pointed at Iran, and said "if we lose, Iran will go get this Syria oil."

Oh, the funny part? The FOX News guy had to do it twice. Oct 8 and Oct 14. Graham was only on the second take.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    Its wild because i was in Chile 3 years ago on vacation. Pucón was wonderful it is a shame that the protests have taken over but again i hope they get what they need to ease the lives they have had to suffer from. Austerity has not been welcomed at all in South America.
    Yeah... we have curfews.. You know, the crap that was done regularly when we were in a fucking dictatorship. People have been killed by the military, and the police, and the cases of police abuse are rampant (injury, attempted rape, sexual assault, etc).
    they had snipers stationed, targeting protesters, and they went away just after they were shown in a newschannel...live.

That's in part why i'm asking for people to give me (if possible, please c: ) a rundown of what's been happening the past week, as i've benn busy and with my mind in here.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2019-10-22 at 10:36 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It factually cannot continue for another 5 years. They'll have to start making the janitors the Acting Secretarys.
    Considering Trump just found out there are limits to who he can appoint as an "acting" head, I don't think janitors will be eligible.

I eagerly anticipate the White House job fairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Yeah... we have curfews.. You know, the crap that was done regularly when we were in a fucking dictatorship. People have been killed by the military, and the police, and the cases of police abuse are rampant (injury, attempted rape, sexual assault, etc).
    they had snipers stationed, targeting protesters, and they went away just after they were shown in a newschannel...live.
    Good god i feel for you guys. I hope that this ends well for the mass population less so for the political class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Where did all his babysitters go?
    Well, Trump is trying to get rid of another one, so, probably hiding.