10+ Year Old Account
    More info on Phase One.

One, China says it does not address "core concerns". No surprise here, Phase One barely did anything.

Two, the agricultural imports are not, in fact, $50 billion over two years. It's $32 billion, over two years, or $16 billion per year (average). As easily found by dot-gov addresses like this one and this one, in 2017, the US exported $20 to $21 billion. Trump has successfully negotiated for less money, aka "pulling a George Castanza".

Three, Trump has already said he could easily just not sign anything else until after 2020, aka "taking hostages".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Where's our justice department on this, btw?
    Planning to rough up American citizens I think

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Planning to rough up American citizens I think
    That made me laugh out loud, and then I remembered it's reality.

Good Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Two, the agricultural imports are not, in fact, $50 billion over two years. It's $32 billion, over two years, or $16 billion per year (average). As easily found by dot-gov addresses like this one and this one, in 2017, the US exported $20 to $21 billion. Trump has successfully negotiated for less money, aka "pulling a George Castanza".
    It's supposed to be $32 billion additional spending over the next two years above the 2017 numbers, not total.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    It's supposed to be $32 billion additional spending over the next two years above the 2017 numbers, not total.
    Oh. Well in my previous post, I spelled out why that was impossible.

Simply put, even if it was over 2019 numbers (like $9 billion) adding $16 billion each would be the same as their peak spending. China will not buy more than they need, and will not buy more than they can afford. Period.

EDIT: And, again as already posted, not only does China not trust Trump (making it very easy to ignore whatever contract the signed, especially one that keeps most of the tariffs in place, which Trump personally and directly insisted upon), but not even American farmers trust Trump on this one.

Might not be the correct thread to post but the Lev Parmas interview has me very uneasy atm. Too good to be true almost. Parnas seems he is the person who wants money and nothing else so I don't know who he is working for. He might be the person who, is saying all this crap and when it comes out and most is false with possibly some half-truths, then Trump and his minions can rant. Basically a double agent. Allowing Rachel Maddow to have the interview is also sketchy, in they once did try to set her up with the tax return bs. Maybe reading too much into where he went to give interview, but Maddow is not my favorite. She gets batshit crazy sometimes on her theories.

So with that said now let me blow that all away and get into juicy, reckless speculation. As far as Pence, yeah he is as culpable as Trump. Which we knew his hands are likely dirty in past transgressions. Imagine Pence going down also. Will never happen for numerous reasons, but mainly the Dems are wussies and wont press the issue of removing all Republican leadership.

Seems Barr is just as dirty which, again would be another resignation. Also Pompeo is dirty.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Might not be the correct thread to post but the Lev Parmas interview has me very uneasy atm. Too good to be true almost. Parnas seems he is the person who wants money and nothing else so I don't know who he is working for. He might be the person who, is saying all this crap and when it comes out and most is false with possibly some half-truths, then Trump and his minions can rant. Basically a double agent. Allowing Rachel Maddow to have the interview is also sketchy, in they once did try to set her up with the tax return bs. Maybe reading too much into where he went to give interview, but Maddow is not my favorite. She gets batshit crazy sometimes on her theories.

So with that said now let me blow that all away and get into juicy, reckless speculation. As far as Pence, yeah he is as culpable as Trump. Which we knew his hands are likely dirty in past transgressions. Imagine Pence going down also. Will never happen for numerous reasons, but mainly the Dems are wussies and wont press the issue of removing all Republican leadership.

Seems Barr is just as dirty which, again would be another resignation. Also Pompeo is dirty.
    You don't bring your lawyer with you to bullshit in public when you're already facing charges.

I'm not saying he's an honest guy, but he has nothing to gain from making shit up, and he has everything to gain from throwing Trump under the bus. God knows the latter would do the same.

You don't bring your lawyer with you to bullshit in public when you're already facing charges.
    Yes, you do. He's there to protect you from legal liability, not making a PR case for yourself that may not be based in reality. As long as that case doesn't open him to any legal liability, his lawyer would stay quiet.

Let's be real here: Parnas is a shady as fuck character and should not be implicitly trusted. Ever. Trust his evidence he provides, not the words he says. Even if the words he says are very likely true.

I'm not saying he's an honest guy, but he has nothing to gain from making shit up, and he has everything to gain from throwing Trump under the bus. God knows the latter would do the same.
    Those are not exclusionary statements. He could very well be making shit up about Trump knowing, and that's throwing Trump under the bus. These are all rats that are only out to save their own skin, and we've seen this pattern before which has led to disappointment.

Oh. Well in my previous post, I spelled out why that was impossible.

Simply put, even if it was over 2019 numbers (like $9 billion) adding $16 billion each would be the same as their peak spending. China will not buy more than they need, and will not buy more than they can afford. Period.

EDIT: And, again as already posted, not only does China not trust Trump (making it very easy to ignore whatever contract the signed, especially one that keeps most of the tariffs in place, which Trump personally and directly insisted upon), but not even American farmers trust Trump on this one.
    Surprisingly soy bean price went down after the agreement was signed. It is now lower than what it was on 01/02/2020. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Not the investigation Trump wanted from Ukraine, but the one he deserves: "Ukraine Announces Criminal Investigation Into Surveillance Of Marie Yovanovitch"

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/u...ie-yovanovitch

Where's our justice department on this, btw?
    Well, since the DoJ couldn't/wouldn't investigate Biden they wanted the Ukraine to do it...investigate an American.
    Now they are investigating an American...I can appreciate the irony.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...ng-on-tax-cuts

Donald Trump and the Republican Party are trying to destroy the US economy.

The first round of tax cu...corporate handouts didn't work. Economy was going fine, it didn't do much too "prime the pump", deficits are soaring while corporations and the rich have seen their tax burden disappear. While normal folks saw little to no benefit.

And now they want to do it again leading into an election year, because I guess if we completely obliterate the US economy with terrible, stupid, moronic fiscal policy that's never worked, that's...good?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well, since the DoJ couldn't/wouldn't investigate Biden they wanted the Ukraine to do it...investigate an American.
    Now they are investigating an American...I can appreciate the irony.
    I could be reading this wrong but it seems a bit like a shot across Trump's bow by Ukraine, particularly given how careful they've been not to offend him. Their language seemed quite pointed as well (although I also briefly wondered if they were laying the groundwork for other investigations...):

"“Ukraine cannot ignore such illegal activities on the territory of its own state,” the ministry said of the documents, which revealed that an American landscaping contractor named Robert Hyde had repeatedly sent Parnas texts informing him of Yovanovitch’s movements last year.

As such, the National Police of Ukraine has opened a criminal probe into the matter, according to the ministry.

“Our goal is to investigate whether there actually was a violation of Ukrainian and International law, which could be the subject for proper reaction,” it said, saying that Ukraine expects the U.S. to “respond promptly.”"

On a side note, can you imagine Hillary Clinton, as Secretary of State, staying silent in the face of evidence that diplomats were being targeted and surveilled?

We're so far out of the norm we're in the Upside Down.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...ng-on-tax-cuts

Donald Trump and the Republican Party are trying to destroy the US economy.

The first round of tax cu...corporate handouts didn't work. Economy was going fine, it didn't do much too "prime the pump", deficits are soaring while corporations and the rich have seen their tax burden disappear. While normal folks saw little to no benefit.

And now they want to do it again leading into an election year, because I guess if we completely obliterate the US economy with terrible, stupid, moronic fiscal policy that's never worked, that's...good?
    The economy is said to be booming but needs a second stimulus to help it. That's just fucking stupid.

But hey maybe this time everyone will get the $4000 a year Trump promised. I mean it won't happen and this will only fuck things up further, but one can dream.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The economy is said to be booming but needs a second stimulus to help it. That's just fucking stupid.

But hey maybe this time everyone will get the $4000 a year Trump promised. I mean it won't happen and this will only fuck things up further, but one can dream.
    We already know the plan. The Republicans will throw milk and cereal on the floor, leave the room, and blame the Democrats for the mess once they lose power.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post

If Trump is reelected and the GOP holds the Senate, we're basically fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If Trump is reelected and the GOP holds the Senate, we're basically fucked.
    No doubts there. I'm of the belief Trump will win, but that's from trusting more in people's stupidity.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's a trick to make Democrats vote against a tax cut in an election year. And it needs to be exposed as such.

It should be countered with the truth: Democrats painting the tax cut for the rich as it was, a handout by the GOP to their billionaire friends while small businesses and farmers went bankrupt. Cut to Trump making lie after lie, broken promise after broken promise, and compared to the reality of 2019. Then it should be countered with a different option. "Warren/Sanders/Bloomberg/Oprah have a tax cut that will actually help the working American, not the giant companies that buy back stocks while laying people off, and definitely not racist millionaires under tax fraud investigation like Trump. Send a message to Washington that the free ride for the rich is over. Time for them to pay their fair share like you do. Tell your Senator/Rep to vote for the Warren/Sanders/Bloomberg plan, not another million for Trump to put in his own pockets. I'm Breccia, and I approve this message."

10+ Year Old Account
    So you know how Trump and the US military declared there were no US casualties after Irans missile strikes last week? Turns out that looks like it was a lie and at least 11 US service members got injured.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    So you know how Trump and the US military declared there were no US casualties after Irans missile strikes last week? Turns out that looks like it was a lie and at least 11 US service members got injured.
    Okay, so, missiles hit the base. Pretty sure now both "we missed on purpose" Iran and "our defense systems worked" US are lying. Awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    We already know the plan. The Republicans will throw milk and cereal on the floor, leave the room, and blame the Democrats for the mess once they lose power.
    If it means they're out of power, it's a deal.

Just like that moron (not naming names, of course) that keeps raving that right wing loonies will instigate a civil war and the military will gun down all the democrats if Trump loses. I invite any speculative chance at such nonsense... if you could guarantee me that Trump would indeed lose.

It's a trick to make Democrats vote against a tax cut in an election year. And it needs to be exposed as such.

It should be countered with the truth: Democrats painting the tax cut for the rich as it was, a handout by the GOP to their billionaire friends while small businesses and farmers went bankrupt. Cut to Trump making lie after lie, broken promise after broken promise, and compared to the reality of 2019. Then it should be countered with a different option. "Warren/Sanders/Bloomberg/Oprah have a tax cut that will actually help the working American, not the giant companies that buy back stocks while laying people off, and definitely not racist millionaires under tax fraud investigation like Trump. Send a message to Washington that the free ride for the rich is over. Time for them to pay their fair share like you do. Tell your Senator/Rep to vote for the Warren/Sanders/Bloomberg plan, not another million for Trump to put in his own pockets. I'm Breccia, and I approve this message."
    The democrats need to stop dicking around and settle on a single candidate for exactly this reason. Their MO right now is trying to one-up one another in fairly inconsequential ways to get the nomination. Once they settle on a candidate, they need a united front of anti-trump messaging to spread across these United States.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.