The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/funder/st...27209328046080

And now he’s calling himself the chose one... it’s seriously time for that 25th.
    I think we're witnessing a mental breakdown. Has the stress finally gotten to this poor man? Quick, someone scrub the footage to see if he's shaking!

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1...421987328?s=20

Trump defending his tantrum when he cancelled his trip to Denmark. He says it was terrible to use the word absurd when reacting to Trump’s idea of buying Greenland.
    Man who insults all and sundry on a daily basis has thin skin, more at 6.

“He raised interest rates too fast, too furious” — Trump on Powell. I’m dying
    https://twitter.com/samstein/status/...034928640?s=19

Trump quote.

Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2019-08-21 at 05:45 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I think we're witnessing a mental breakdown. Has the stress finally gotten to this poor man? Quick, someone scrub the footage to see if he's shaking!
    It’s what he has always been... it’s the same shit as he used to talk about purity of his German blood.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1...421987328?s=20

Trump defending his tantrum when he cancelled his trip to Denmark. He says it was terrible to use the word absurd when reacting to Trump’s idea of buying Greenland.
    And this is from the guy who uses words like "shithole" to describe countries. Imagine being so insulted over an idea being called absurd, what a fucking manchild, unreal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    The insinuation that they do is very important to how some right wing ethno-nationalists look at loyalty. They see everyone as being fundamentally loyal to "their people" over the state they currently reside in. Therefore Mexican-Americans are loyal to Mexico, Arab-Americans are loyal to Saudi Arabia, Russian-Americans are loyal to Russia, and so forth. This is one of the oldest racist tropes in existence, insisting that resident minorities have other loyalties, and as such are not good citizens, or really a part of this nation at all. In America's history, similar racist ideologies leveled this accusation against Catholics, Asian immigrants, Jews, Slavs, and bizarrely, even Native Americans. They used specific examples, like the San Patricos to really drive home this narrative. (The San Patricos are a fascinating bit of history, and it is really important to understand the massive effect it had on American racist policies toward Irish immigrants)

Like so many of these other dog whistles, their supporters will insist it isn't racist, but it is straight out of the playbook of every historical racist effort in our history.

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to argue with that. The State of Israel has an excessive amount of influence in the US government. Along with Saudi Arabia and Azerbaijan.
    And let's ask Japanese-Americans how well things go when people believe your loyalty is with another nation.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm not sure how that doesn't count for terroristic threats all the other incidents of domestic terrorism.
    Remember that Trump is now in clear violation of FBI domestic terror policy, touting and pushing conspiracy theories.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I am pretty sure nobody thought it couldn't get dumber. In fact I think just about everyone was expecting it WOULD get dumber. Cancelling the meeting with the Prime Minister of Denmark was a forgone conclusion, and it is far from the end of it. Expect a full on twitter feud over the next few weeks, with him doubling down on insulting Denmark, its Prime Minister, and finally Greenland itself when it becomes clear he can't have it. He will go all "I didn't want it anyway, it is a shitty island and I was doing you a favor by offering" and his base will eat it up.

----edit---
    I find it hilarious that earlier this week he was "Not going to Denmark for this reason at all", and now he is canceling the meeting because she won't talk about it.
    It will take decades to recover from the embarrassment (and President unindicted co-conspirator) that is Trump. I mean, the Commission itself, just to root out the truth of all he's done, will take 10+ years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There is no such thing.

As you suggested, this is just Trump admitting there will be a recession, so that the rabid fanbase can say "Yeah! Trump put us in a recession on purpose! MAGA!" and pretend everything's fine.

In order for this bold move to play out, Cotton, this "two month" recession has to start as close to the election as possible, so that Trump can claim "the recession will only end if I'm re-elected". This is more or less what people were expecting, based on the dozens of posts I've made citing professional, qualified experts and not just feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm.

1) Trump flat-out admits he's considering a payroll tax cut. Yes, this is a reversal within 24 hours.

2) Trump is prepared to extend the time families can be held in concentration camps. They will likely claim it's because there is a backlog, but conveniently forget to mention they caused the backlog by removing lawyers, translators and judges.

3) Trump ordered HHS into silence on social media about mental health and/or violence, because they're dedicated experts and would likely contradict anything Trump makes up.

4) Within hours of Trump's meme post ("I promise not to do this" with a Trump golden hotel in Greenland) Trump "unfriended" Denmark, refusing to visit the country after the PM said Trump buying Greenland is absurd. Trump even flat-out admits it's only because of what he said, not (for example) sending the army to crush a peaceful demonstration. That sound you hear is 300+ other countries tweeting that Trump buying Greenland is stupid.

5) Speaking of which, Trump wants Russia back in G8. As a reminder, Russia was kicked out of G7 because Russia invaded Ukraine -- something Trump said would not have happened with him in charge. Trump is handwaving invading a sovereign country with troops out of uniform, a war crime.

If you're wondering what Trump's message is, join the club. That's a lot of inconsistency in 24 hours.
    When he (hopefully) loses the 2020 election, that time period between Nov 6 and mid-Jan will be a VERY dangerous time for this country (and the world). @Skroe has mentioned this in previous posts, but I truly fear for what he will do. The only certainty is that it will be worse than we expect/imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Haven't you heard? In Trump's America, it's a crime to be a Democrat.
    Did you see his recent stance on Jews that voted Democrat? Literally "disloyal" and that pretty much is the prior step to "arrest them".

For those fuck-wit MAGA supporters, THIS is what we meant when we said Trump was similar to early-Hitler/1930's-Germany.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    It's like his brain is just copy/pasting random shit for him to say. Saying "Too fast", and out comes the rest to match a familiar movie title.

Amazing.

How he became the president by being this mentally addled, I have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Well now I just feel bad that my rough math was that off.

Apparently people are okay with paying Trump to sit around and post tweets. If I did that at my job I'd be fired in no time.
    Tweet, watch 6-10 hours of cable news a day, golf, and serve fast food to national champion teams. That's basically what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Remember that Trump is now in clear violation of FBI domestic terror policy, touting and pushing conspiracy theories.

- - - Updated - - -

It will take decades to recover from the embarrassment (and President unindicted co-conspirator) that is Trump. I mean, the Commission itself, just to root out the truth of all he's done, will take 10+ years.

- - - Updated - - -

When he (hopefully) loses the 2020 election, that time period between Nov 6 and mid-Jan will be a VERY dangerous time for this country (and the world). @Skroe has mentioned this in previous posts, but I truly fear for what he will do. The only certainty is that it will be worse than we expect/imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see his recent stance on Jews that voted Democrat? Literally "disloyal" and that pretty much is the prior step to "arrest them".

For those fuck-wit MAGA supporters, THIS is what we meant when we said Trump was similar to early-Hitler/1930's-Germany.
    That's the thing. He's taking the piss on countries who sent soldiers to American wars, but Russia is getting the "hey let's befriend them again!" treatment. Thank god for checks and balances in the US.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    And this is from the guy who uses words like "shithole" to describe countries. Imagine being so insulted over an idea being called absurd, what a fucking manchild, unreal.
    But at least he's not in charge of a nuclear arsenal, right?

Lol'd at this one

But at least he's not in charge of a nuclear arsenal, right?
    Ha! Speaking of... did you see Rick Perry, head of Department of Energy fell for the Instagram chain mail scam?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Nancy Pelosi's leaked personal beliefs are 100% correct. If Trump doesn't decisively lose in 2020, he's going to try and hang on through litigation, lying and demagoguery.

Hell even if he decisively loses, he's still going to play the "we were robbed! It's all bullshit and illegal alien voters!" card.

It's going to be really, really bad.

The good news is, there isn't much he can do to stop it either way. For all his talk, once the Electoral College votes in December, that's it. He doesn't have to concede (he won't, ever, under any circumstances). He doesn't have the go to the inauguration of the next President (he won't, even if he, god forbid, serves two terms). The clock strikes noon on January 20th, and the new guy is President, end of story.

But then again, the only Democrat that can beat Trump in the election is going to be Biden. Why?

Because Democrats *cannot* help themselves. Bernie Sanders cannot help himself with Medicare for all, that Mitch McConnell will never allow a vote on. Elizabeth Warren cannot help herself with her 50 point plans that will never be funded. And Kamala Harris... well...

Need I say more? And people say this is an intelligent person? What a fucking political imbecile. Off the stage Kamala, you're done.

Biden is the only one who gets it versus this try hard progressives. If you force Trump to run against himself, he loses. Badly. Most everyone is sick to death of him. He's a diseased dude and the country sees it. Give the country an inoffensive alternative, they'll chose it. They'll chose it because Donald Trump is a sick man who is a national embarrassment. So Biden is correctly hammering home the winning strategy: "vote for me, because I'm not Donald Trump, nor will I do scary things."

Meanwhile, the other Democrats decide who can be the most disruptive with their esoteric nonsense. I mean, from a pure political perspective, even Bernie Sander's Medicare for all is idiotic. Sure, it would objectively help a lot of people. But most Americans don't care about helping their fellow man. They care about helping themselves. That's why Obamacare, which was really a way to get the 15% of Americans without Health Insurance on Health Insurance, was sold as a way to bring costs down (which was a secondary effect). Americans never really cared about that 15%. Their own bills? They care about that. So with medicare for all, most Americans do not want to lose the insurance they know, even if it benefits other people. Because the 85% of Americans on Employer or Public healthcare really don't give a shit about the rest. So how is it a political winner? It isn't. So the Medicare for all rat race in the Democratic Primary has faded.

But this is where Democrats are different than Republicans. Democrats tell the people what they're going to do while they're running for office. Republicans win elections, and then do what they want to do. They don't tell people ahead of time. Democrats may think it's cute and nice and folksy to do it the former way, but it's politically stupid and why they lose.

Biden at least, gets it this time. Shut the fuck up, make Trump run against his own toxic mouth, and he'll be the 46th President with more than 300 electoral votes. Start talking about Native Americans for some motherfucking reason, and lose it with a near repeat of the 2016 map.

Who would have thought that it was possible to miss Bush junior.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    snip
    I just wish an old school Republican would primary the lunatic. Hell, I would vote for a reasonable Republican if I thought it was the best/only chance of getting Trump out of the White House.

But unfortunately reason has left the Republican party. Apparently all that's left is bootlickers and water carriers for Trump and anybody else is a pariah.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    It's utterly insane.

So what is he trying to hide? Epstein?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    But then again, the only Democrat that can beat Trump in the election is going to be Biden. Why?

Because Democrats *cannot* help themselves. Bernie Sanders cannot help himself with Medicare for all, that Mitch McConnell will never allow a vote on. Elizabeth Warren cannot help herself with her 50 point plans that will never be funded.
    To be frank, anyone who'd refuse to vote for those two based on those wouldn't vote for a Democrat to begin with. Seriously, your best criticism of Warren is "she's got detailed policy proposals ready to go"? That's supposed to be a good thing.

And Kamala Harris... well...

Need I say more? And people say this is an intelligent person? What a fucking political imbecile. Off the stage Kamala, you're done.
    She's not wrong. The USA absolutely did. More than a couple times.

It's just political suicide to say that in an election cycle, because the number of redneck bigots who'll get angry outnumber the Native American votes you might gain.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Ha! Speaking of... did you see Rick Perry, head of Department of Energy fell for the Instagram chain mail scam?
    It makes my head hurt just thinking about how inept the majority of his Cabinet heads are - and Rick is the poster child for a real-life Dilbert Pointy Haired manager. The last guy had a Doctorate in Nuclear Physics, IIRC?

Trump is truly a shit stain.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know if this is the Mandela effect or not but I swear I remember when Trump won in his victory speech he said to his audience "you are the people." He put a lot of emphasis on "the" like it was only the one's who voted for him that were worthy to be Americans. I have yet to find a clip of it. Partly because I don't want to sit down and listen to him bullshit a crowd.