Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Right wingers need to stop and think about whether or not they want the next dem president to almost be a king.
    They don't care because they know the Dems won't smell the WH for a long, long time. They're flooding the courts while they can, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    They don't care because they know the Dems won't smell the WH for a long, long time. They're flooding the courts while they can, too.
    Which is why, as I've said numerous times before, voting Trump out of office in 2020 is probably the single most important step for American progress to take.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Well, Ted Cruz is living with the blood guilt of assassinating JFK.
    Ted Cruz the ultimate cucked boy in D.C. sadly for his wife she doesn't get the joy of having a better lover over her cuck of a husband.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Well, Ted Cruz is living with the blood guilt of assassinating JFK.
    Ted Cruz is one being, not several.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Guess every news organisation should only run pro-Trump shows

Also, "Commiecast".... is he literally calling them communists?

This is a President, of a whole country, not only celebrating biased coverage of himself, or celebrating that news organisations are "dying," but also calling one of them communists, ffs.

Do yourselves a favour, America, get rid of the bloated twat. Oh, wait, Republicans still exist. Oh well.
    This is the best "angry old man" Trump tweet up to today. Got all the hallmarks. Shameless self-shilling, calling people communists, crying that news he doesn't like is fake . . .

10/10, would read again.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    10/10, would read again.
    I'm sure you'll get something remarkably similar to read tomorrow, and the next day, and the next...
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I'm super worried about this. Let's face it, it is up to Chief Justice Roberts and that is all.

So the precedent will be set that any corrupt mother-bleeper can now possibly hide his financial records. I would do my usual "Wait til a President, they don't like does this" but the problem is "Are we going to have anybody as corrupt as Trump?". Possibly now this may open up the door to people know they might be immune in the future if this ruling goes the way I'm afraid it might.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm worried on this tho.

Oh btw, again for those who think they were above it not to vote and too stupid (this is about the public, not anyone in MMO) realize that having a corrupt President and appointing judges may get him off on this one.
    I think that any which way they rule will be extremely narrow and this case's effects will not have any bearing on anything, no matter how it is decided. They may even return it to a lower court.

John Roberts first priority is to defend the public perception that his Supreme Court is above the political fights of our country and is a fair arbiter. This has been his 15 year cause after he perceived (rightly) that the Bush v. Gore decision obliterated the public's perception of judicial impartiality. It is also why he basically let Obamacare off the hook nearly a decade ago by reclassifying the fine as a tax - there was simply no way he was going to have his court overturn 5-4 the signature achievement of the first term, first black President from his first 18 months in office. It would have completely destroyed the perception of judicial fairness. But note: he had no compunction about deciding a certain way on Citizens United, which was not a case the public at large cared about at the time.

The ruling for this case would presumably come down in June 2020. There is no way he will want his court be perceived as having put its finger on the 2020 election in any way. So however he rules, if it's 5-4 for our interest or the other way, expect something that will either kick a meaningful outcome until after the 2020 election or is so narrow as to be worth little more than a shrug.

That is exactly how John Roberts works. He sees the 2020 election (really, all Presidential elections) as a massive hazard to his 15 year Supreme Court Reputation Restoration project that he clearly wants to be his Supreme Court legacy. He wants to go down in history as the man who restored the Supreme Court's stature as an arbiter as the closing years of the Rehnquist court took a hammer to it.

It's also why, for this reason, Roe v. Wade is probably safe until he has a 6-3... more likely a 7-2 majority. Roe v. Wade could be overturned 5-4 tomorrow. With Kavanaugh, anti-abortion advocates have the majority. But overturning Roe by 5-4 would also destroy his project. But if he can create a clear majority of the court, likely 7-2... then the risk of the legitimacy perception is lower (though I would say, Roe v Wade is such a landmine, if I were him I wouldn't try unless I could somehow get 9-0).

This is the best "angry old man" Trump tweet up to today. Got all the hallmarks. Shameless self-shilling, calling people communists, crying that news he doesn't like is fake . . .

10/10, would read again.
    You forgot racism. Well, I'm not uptodate with the latest in that but I seem to remember reading it wasn't cool to call someone "Fredo"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You forgot racism. Well, I'm not uptodate with the latest in that but I seem to remember reading it wasn't cool to call someone "Fredo"?
    I honestly wasn't sure what he was referring to by that. I don't watch CNN, unless it's on in the background in a public place for some reason.

Turns out it was Chris Cuomo. Yeah, we can add racism to the list then.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I see it as a Godfather reference, the oldest son of Vito, Fredo. After Vito got shot in front of him, Fredo cracked and never was the same. Fredo went to Vegas to smooth things over with Moe Green so the family could move out there. Fredo went native though. Sleeping with multiple showgirls at once. Vito was very straight laced about sex. Micheal went to Vegas and saw what had become of Fredo. Fredo was on Moe Green's side instead of his family. Mike told him "Fredo, you're my brother and I love you. But never take sides against family."

Dolan seems to be referencing that, he's been betrayed by his "Fredo".
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I see it as a Godfather reference, the oldest son of Vito, Fredo. After Vito got shot in front of him, Fredo cracked and never was the same. Fredo went to Vegas to smooth things over with Moe Green so the family could move out there. Fredo went native though. Sleeping with multiple showgirls at once. Vito was very straight laced about sex. Micheal went to Vegas and saw what had become of Fredo. Fredo was on Moe Green's side instead of his family. Mike told him "Fredo, you're my brother and I love you. But never take sides against family."

Dolan seems to be referencing that, he's been betrayed by his "Fredo".
    You forget that Fredo was the second son, always in the background from his birth. That was a big part of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    You forget that Fredo was the second son, always in the background from his birth. That was a big part of him.
    I stand corrected about his birth order. It's been many years since I'd read the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I stand corrected about his birth order. It's been many years since I'd read the book.
    I was not correcting you merely to be pedantic, but because there is a comparison... Fredo was a second son with a lot of insecurity.

Just like The Donald.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news Kamaru Usman unleashed the wrath of every immigrant on trump supporting Colby Covington in UFC 245.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the best "angry old man" Trump tweet up to today.
    You might have missed one. Trump said that Pelosi's false teeth were falling out during a press conference.

Once again, projection. While videos of Trump's own speech being slurred, possibly due to loose dentures of his own, this Twitter handle of Jolly Ol' St. Nicky seems highly appropriate.

I'm starting to think there's nothing Trump's accused others of, which he hasn't done himself. I mean, based on his Middle East results, he might be called the founder of ISIS now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You might have missed one. Trump said that Pelosi's false teeth were falling out during a press conference.
    Precisely the civil discourse we all look for in our leadership!
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    soo,

New North America trade deal hits snag as Mexico objects to US labor inspectors

A top Mexican trade negotiator flew to Washington for urgent talks Sunday as a hitch emerged in the US-Mexico-Canada Agreement, days after it was signed.

Jesús Seade, undersecretary for North America in the Foreign Ministry, accused the United States of blindsiding Mexico by deciding to send up to five US attaches to monitor labor conditions as part of the treaty.

That decision was included in implementing legislation sent to Congress Friday. The new treaty is intended to replace the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Once again, projection. While videos of Trump's own speech being slurred, possibly due to loose dentures of his own, this Twitter handle of Jolly Ol' St. Nicky seems highly appropriate.

I'm starting to think there's nothing Trump's accused others of, which he hasn't done himself. I mean, based on his Middle East results, he might be called the founder of ISIS now.
    You nailed it. What an ass. Multiple videos of Trump sounding the exact same. One clearly showing his dentures come undone.

Again this would be a parody of some teenager or asshole character you would create where they make fun of someone with the same feature.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I'm sure you'll get something remarkably similar to read tomorrow, and the next day, and the next...
    I stopped listening to anything he says or reading any of his tweets that make the news a year or so back. The novelty of the daily self-owns and stupidities kind of wore off. Now I just skip through any clips of him actually talking and see if there's anything relevant to real news by the commentary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    In other news Kamaru Usman unleashed the wrath of every immigrant on trump supporting Colby Covington in UFC 245.
    By some weird stroke of fate he even had "Covington" in his name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Hey, as a communist I can only approve of this.
    Nothing has interested people more in Marx than three years of Trump going latestage capitalism on the US.
    I really hate to agree with Kangodo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    This could be a big problem for NAFTA 1.0.0.3 as worker rights/safety measures were added by Democrats, or they would not sign it. The use of the term "blindsighting" is not good news. Yes, it should be a concern that Mexico doesn't want the US inspecting Mexican work sites for safety violations, so I'm not sure this addition to NAFTA 1.0.0.2 will be rolled back just to give Trump a win.

- - - Updated - - -

So, those NK talks --

"They're fucked?"

I mean, yeah, but there are more details on the fucking. Apparently, NK gave the US a timeline to make major conessions and Trump didn't do it.

"And he shouldn't have! MAGA!"

Indeed not. Of course, this means all that effort was wasted only to have the same result as, say, Obama.

We are fully aware of the strong potential for North Korea to conduct a major provocation in the days ahead. To say the least, such an action will be most unhelpful in achieving lasting peace on the Korean Peninsula
    -- US special representative to North Korea

That sure looks like he's begging "Please don't start any shit and make us look bad," which let's be honest, NK has been doing a lot of shit to make Trump look bad.

"Okay, but surely this guy will get North Korea to calm down, after three years of wo--"

Fourteen months.

"After fourteen months of working with them, he must have some clout."

Well, the last fourteen months did include
    1) NK's "Christmas gift" as yet unknown meaning, but probably what Biegun was warning about
    2) NK flat-out publicly cutting off further talks (likely also giving Team Trump the deadline mentioned above)
    3) This long-range missile test that --

"Which one?"

The one from literally two days ago.

4) South Korea working with China, we have a whole thread on that
    5) Ten or so missile tests, including submarine tests, which Trump publicly said weren't UN violations despite the UN having other thoughts
    6) And of course, the famous Hanoi meeting at which Trump walked away when given a deadline and, oh dear, seems we're stuck in an infinite fatass loop.

North Korea seems to be just taunting Trump now, who has literally negative success in this venture, having given concessions in exchange for North Korea just continuing to provoke left and right. That Nobel Prize is getting further and further away, while Team Trump begs, tear-stained mascara streaming down its face, for NK to come back and start talks again.

But you know what they say: "Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me twice...if you get fooled, you can't get fooled again."