Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Gosh, if Trump didn't have evidence of imminent embassy attacks, I wonder what reason he had for ordering an attack on--
    Report: Trump Cited GOP Senate Impeachment Pressure As Reason to Kill Soleimani

EDIT: Hey, also, just out of curiosity, why in the ever loving FUCK would the White House twitter account post this today when the temperature was in the 70's and there wasn't a single snowflake to be seen?

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...154521601?s=20

What are the odds on how long until Trump bullies the weather channel into saying it was snowing and showing an image with sharpie all over it?
    That's....that's the most bizarrely odd thing to lie about. Like, are they testing the waters to see how far they can go, or something? Or is this just them being fucking batshit crazy/stupid...which seems far more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's....that's the most bizarrely odd thing to lie about. Like, are they testing the waters to see how far they can go, or something? Or is this just them being fucking batshit crazy/stupid...which seems far more likely.
    I'm reading that it was originally posted by the White House to Flickr on the 7th, when the actual first day of snow was, and something went wrong with the Twitter scheduling.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Said it before, but....

I still think one possible method to counter old Moscow Mitch would be for them to have multiple articles of impeachment for all of his stuff and then blanket offenses at the end. Then release them to the Senate, one at a time. And force McConnell to hold hearings on each article individually since he wants to play around with it.

Then he has the option of either repeatedly trying to refuse information and witnesses on all of them each time to try and push it off and watch them look more and more corrupt each time he does it. Or he can try and claim they are bad but not impeachable for them individually.

Then when all of them are done, THEN release the big blanket ones at the end that includes all of them. Then, at that point, they have already lost their credibility trying to acquit them all and if they tried to claim he did them all but they weren't impeachable individually, the blanket ones which already included all the things they already admitted to becomes that much harder to fight.

Either way, they are stuck having hearing after hearing after hearing and neither way makes them look any better.
    Interesting idea. It would certainly fuck with Moscow Mitch.

I was hoping the Articles could be delayed until after the GOP primaries, in that it might give the GOP Senators currently up for election some protection from being primaried by Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    What are the odds on how long until Trump bullies the weather channel into saying it was snowing and showing an image with sharpie all over it?
    Just to remind everyone: one of Trump's very first lies as President was to tell people it wasn't raining on them, while it was raining on them.

Trump's lies are objective and unquestionable.

First snow of the year! ❄️ https://t.co/kgSLQX6QxK
    https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...154521601?s=19

Yes from the official White House account. Even shows a pic but looks like photoshopped snow?

Oh another problem if you read the account or look at weather for the DC area is was in the 60's today and low in the 40's.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-01-13 at 02:36 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I'm reading that it was originally posted by the White House to Flickr on the 7th, when the actual first day of snow was, and something went wrong with the Twitter scheduling.
    Not gonna claim that's false, but that's a very odd excuse. "Scheduling"? You post it the same day that the first snow comes, how could that be scheduled? And even if they use a script to post to all accounts simultaneously, why would someone have deliberately changed the post time for twitter specifically? And how did they not notice this for a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheirn View Post
    Not gonna claim that's false, but that's a very odd excuse. "Scheduling"? You post it the same day that the first snow comes, how could that be scheduled? And even if they use a script to post to all accounts simultaneously, why would someone have deliberately changed the post time for twitter specifically? And how did they not notice this for a week?
    Yeah, it is complete horseshit that there is a "scheduling" of tweets, when tweeting is instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I doubt they schedule stuff like that. Plus it wouldn't be the first time Trump and his administration has lied about the weather.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    How is a single man so full of so much bullshit?
    This is just monumental gaslighting. People probably don't know that it was Obamacare that protected people with pre-existing conditions so he's trying to take credit for it (despite doing everything he can to overturn that law).

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    This is just monumental gaslighting. People probably don't know that it was Obamacare that protected people with pre-existing conditions so he's trying to take credit for it (despite doing everything he can to overturn that law).
    This is most likely the case, considering many don't know Obamacare is the ACA that they love the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    I mean, Republicans were screaming about getting rid of Obamacare because they were covered by the ACA.

Trump's base aren't all the brightest lightbulbs around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    This is most likely the case, considering many don't know Obamacare is the ACA that they love the most.
    Oh come on, you beat me by like, 2 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I mean, Republicans were screaming about getting rid of Obamacare because they were covered by the ACA.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh come on, you beat me by like, 2 seconds.
    I still to this day hear people bitch about being forced to have "Obama insurance."

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Yeah...Trump's base are stupid as hell. And getting rid of the mandate was a horrible idea as well. /s

Derp.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Yeah...Trump's base are stupid as hell. And getting rid of the mandate was a horrible idea as well. /s

Derp.
    Explain how getting rid of that actually helped.

Derp.
    The idea of paying for something that costs money? So crazy.

10+ Year Old Account

Derp.
    What does that have to do with people dependent on the ACA wanting to get rid of Obamacare?

Try to at least pretend like you're keeping up, it's tiresome to keep having to correct you.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does that have to do with people dependent on the ACA wanting to get rid of Obamacare?

Try to at least pretend like you're keeping up, it's tiresome to keep having to correct you.
    I'm guessing that's the point.
    Hard to spread bullshit if other people keep cleaning it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk job numbers.

"Ahah! You're going to quote this Axios article that says unemployment is at a 50-year low!"

Actually I am, yes. Trump reduced unemployment almost as much as Obama.

"Yeah! Wait, what?"

Yeah, in 2009 the rate was a whopping 9.9%, in 2017 it was 4.1%. Now it's 3.5%. So, basically, Obama threw five touchdowns and Trump kicked a field goal.

"But...but...how about proportionally? Trump dropped from 4.1 to 3.5, causing the unemployment rate to drop by fifteen percent!"

True, and Obama dropped it fifty-eight percent. You want to keep this going?

"But...look at all those jobs Trump made in all those fields! 62,000 new jobs in wholesale and trade! This year alone!"

True, that is a slight increase. It's also less than the 161,000 hired by governments. Which means part of the reason unemployment is low, is because Trump is spending your tax money to directly hire people to pad his numbers. Hey, didn't Trump promise he would hire fewer gov--

"But...but...truckers!"

Sure, 57,000 in transportation and warehousing. Government beats them both. Combined.

"But...but...manufacturing!"

You sure you want to go there? Okay. 46,000 jobs. One of the lowest showings since 2001 and government hired more than all three combined.

"But...but...retail!"

...you're horrible at this. Retail added nine thousand jobs. it's a collapsing industry. And government hires are more than all four combined.

Now, ask me about coal mining.

"...I don't really want to..."

Too bad. Mining lost 21,000 jobs. Last year alone.When Trump said he digs coal, he meant "a grave". He promised to save the industry. He lied.

"But..but...wages are up!"

Wages are up 3% (not counting inflation, these are wages not real wages), which in turn is down from 2018. The tax cut for the rich barely made a speed bump. Oh, ask about hourly wages.

"No."

The average work week dropped last year. That, combined with low wage growth and mediocre hiring at best (well below Trump's promised rate to get 25 million jobs) further demonstrate Trump's failure on his major campaign promises. The economy is not growing any faster than Obama, in fact, it's slower, and he skyrocketed the national deficit/debt to have worse numbers. He failed his promise on hiring, he failed his promise on job growth, the tax cut for the rich isn't paying for itself, and Trump still personally and unilaterally signed the biggest tax increase in American history, the tariffs of the trade war, which are still in effect, see above job numbers.

Trump can't buy good news anymore. Once again, he's pried yet more defeat of the jaws of victory.

Are we tired of winning yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Multiple prominent economists have already pointed out ad nauseum that Trump has enacted exactly zero policies which affected the employment rate. Everything going on right now are the consequences of policies enacted 6-8 years ago.
    Which doesn't stop Trump from taking all the credit for it, though, or his supporters (including in Congress) from giving him that credit.

Trump recently did use an executive order to give the poorest americans an extra $750 a year, by no longer having to pay extra tax on ACA. Something neo-liberal democrats (Biden, Warren, etc.) and even republicans and their media will remain silent about.
    The poorest Americans weren't paying that tax anyway, and the result of this is that premiums SKYROCKETED for pretty much everyone, so this is absolutely a net loss.

Trump promised to designate China a currency manipulator - https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/busin...ump/index.html

He did! Back in August of 2019.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/13/us-w...nipulator.html

But I guess as part of the deal, despite them not changing their behavior, they're no longer a currency manipulator.

So what are we getting out of this, again?