New from John Bolton aide Sarah Tinsley: “Several weeks ago, the ambassador sent a hard copy of his draft manuscript to the White House for prepublication review by the National Security Council. The ambassador has not passed that manuscript to anyone else for review. Period.”
    https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/st...394413568?s=19

This is hilarious story. So Bolton gave the White House a transcript, yet somehow or someone still let the part where Bolton backs up the aid for political dirt.

The White House was fine with it.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

This is hilarious story. So Bolton gave the White House a transcript, yet somehow or someone still let the part where Bolton backs up the aid for political dirt.

You think the white house intentionally leaked this? Absolutely no possible way. Sure, the story probably came from someone in the white house, but no way is the president fine with this coming out now.

Also, fuck Bolton. I hope this tanks his book sales, the slimy little cunt trying to stay quiet about what he knows so he can tell it all in his fucking book. What a shithead.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

That is because Trump and his flying monkeys are oblivious.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

That's FOX News of course, specifically Tucker Carlson, saying what we're all thinking: Hunter Biden eight years ago was a symptom of a problem, people from a family of political power exploiting that power to get beneficial jobs and money.

Then, Carlson also expressed similar feelings about the Trump family running major businesses and selling real estate and seeking exceptions to HAHAHAHAHAHA no he never mentioned Trump once.
    ;p

of course not, they've gotta misdirect the very real anger

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    You think the white house intentionally leaked this? Absolutely no possible way. Sure, the story probably came from someone in the white house, but no way is the president fine with this coming out now.

Also, fuck Bolton. I hope this tanks his book sales, the slimy little cunt trying to stay quiet about what he knows so he can tell it all in his fucking book. What a shithead.
    Yes, Bolton is sleaze in making money for his word. Yet, his word does back up the quid pro quo. I understand where you are coming from.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Can we just call it Kung Flu?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I'm more partial to Winnie The Flu.
    It has nothing in common with influenza. It's a coronavirus, which is the same family as the viruses responsible for the common cold.

- - - Updated - - -

Profits of Criminal Notoriety.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The implication/feeling I've heard is that John Bolton so desperately wants to testify precisely to avoid the sentiment that he's covering something up so he could have a good excerpt for his book launch. Despite what his lawyer said, the leak to Maggie Haberman probably came from Bolton's camp. No way anyone in the White House (at least at a high enough level) wanted this to leak. If it did leak from the White House, holy shit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...617_story.html

I wouldn't be surprised to see them actually released, but unsurprisingly it looks like NPR have the receipts backing up Marie Louise Kelly.

Pompeo is an unabashed, unashamed, brazen liar and a god-damned coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...617_story.html

I wouldn't be surprised to see them actually released, but unsurprisingly it looks like NPR have the receipts backing up Marie Louise Kelly.

Pompeo is an unabashed, unashamed, brazen liar and a god-damned coward.
    He works for Trump. You pretty much have to be, to work for that shitweasel.

I'm honestly surprised Dump hasn't gotten jealous of all the Kobe Bryant coverage yet. I'm more than expecting by tomorrow night he'll send out a twit claiming if he died he'd get more coverage and more people would mourn him than Kobe. =/

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I'm honestly surprised Dump hasn't gotten jealous of all the Kobe Bryant coverage yet. I'm more than expecting by tomorrow night he'll send out a twit claiming if he died he'd get more coverage and more people would mourn him than Kobe. =/
    His stupid ass almost copied Obama's tweet about Kobe Bryant, almost word for word, using similar words. Something we know he probably could have never done, someone else probably wrote that tweet.

Here is Obama's Tweet: https://twitter.com/BarackObama/stat...52460768202756
    About 4 pm when it was tweeted.

Then you look at Trump's Tweet: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...82230008619016
    Basically saying the same thing, but with a 4th grade fucking vocabulary. Almost 2 hours later.

Looks like the Einstein Visa using First Lady Melania, has given Trump some tips on how to steal ideas for tweets or speeches.

But look at the ratios. Obama has at the time of this post, 3.4 million likes and almost 600k retweets. Trump has 548k likes and 76k retweets.

Not surprising that Obama is liked more than Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Basically saying the same thing, but with a 4th grade fucking vocabulary. Almost 2 hours later.
    I'm going to give Trump a pass on the "almost the same thing" part. Quite frankly, in politics, "he/she was a good person, they'll be missed, our thoughts and prayers are with the family" is what everyone says.

Again, my concern is Trump tweeted about Bryant but, best of my knowledge, has not expressed sympathy for the American citizens of Puerto Rico for either earthquake. Even if he has, he's also withholding funds to Puerto Rico, so those words would ring hollow anyhow.

I'm going to give Trump a pass on the "almost the same thing" part. Quite frankly, in politics, "he/she was a good person, they'll be missed, our thoughts and prayers are with the family" is what everyone says.

Again, my concern is Trump tweeted about Bryant but, best of my knowledge, has not expressed sympathy for the American citizens of Puerto Rico for either earthquake. Even if he has, he's also withholding funds to Puerto Rico, so those words would ring hollow anyhow.
    I get that, but I was more making fun of the fact that plagiarism runs in that family.

Honestly hes just a retired basketball player. Hes no world leader and real wasn't the greatest guy. I feel terrible for the kids but I have absolutely no sympathy for him. The conditions were terrible for flight and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he pressured the pilot to take off as it was his private flight. It is kind of sickening seeing the coverage this is getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    US AF jet crashes in Afghanistan, more specifically Taliban-held Afghanistan.

Oh goodie.

A small U.S. Air Force jet crashed Monday in Taliban-held territory in Afghanistan's Ghazni province, south of the capital. It was not immediately clear how many people were on board the plane, but an Afghan official said two pilots were found dead amid the wreckage.

Provincial government spokesman Arif Noori told CBS News' Ahmad Mukhtar the plane appeared to have been flying between the southern city of Kandahar and the capital Kabul, about 200 miles to the north. Ghazni province is between those two locations.

Noori said the bodies of two pilots were found at the crash site and that the plane was completely destroyed. He did not mention any other casualties.

A U.S. military official confirmed to CBS News senior national security correspondent David Martin that an Air Force E-11 had crashed in Afghanistan. The official said the cause of the crash was still being investigated and he would not discuss the fate of the crew.

Unverified images from the crash site emerged on social media, showing the tail end of a destroyed jet bearing U.S. Air Force insignia.

The U.S. Air Force uses the E-11A, a twin-engine jet made by Bombardier, as a flying command and communications hub.
    This is a job for @Skroe but for now, this sounds like pretty abysmal news. I'm just going to posit that the US spy jet didn't just fall into Talibanistan by accident. And the crew is missing. The terrorists Trump personally invited to picnic on the White House lawn now have bargaining chips. Awesome.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-01-27 at 03:39 PM.

Oh goodie.

This is a job for @Skroe but for now, this sounds like pretty abysmal news. I'm just going to posit that the US spy jet didn't just fall into Talibanistan by accident. And the crew is missing. The terrorists Trump personally invited to picnic on the White House lawn now have bargaining chips. Awesome.
    I thought the plane that crashed there was a passenger plane?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I thought the plane that crashed there was a passenger plane?
    I find it unlikely that the US AF was using a "command and communication hub" to fly passengers over Taliban space. If I'm proven wrong, I'll instead ask why such an apparently rare and expensive piece of equipment was being used as a glorified Uber.

Oh goodie.

Since the Invasion of Afghanistan, the use of Man Portable Surface to Air Missiles by the Taliban have been extremely rare. And on the few occasions they did use them, they use them near airports.

It seems unlikely that it was shot down. A Taliban fighter with a MANPAD would have had to known it was flying overhead, and had it on them, at exactly the right time. Not out of the question, but unlikely.

More likely this is an example of mechanical failure or pilot error.

There is no evidence of any crew on the aircraft besides the two pilots. If the aircraft were being ferried from one location to another, it wouldn't be unusual. It's more likely anyone inside it was also killed. Looking at the pictures of the crash, that's not the kind people survive whatsoever.

So I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. It's extremely unlikely the Taliban have any hostages.

I find it unlikely that the US AF was using a "command and communication hub" to fly passengers over Taliban space. If I'm proven wrong, I'll instead ask why such an apparently rare and expensive piece of equipment was being used as a glorified Uber.
    I heard that on my local news earlier that said it was a passenger aircraft, there was no mention of military. But that was over 3 hours ago, so I guess, new information has come out.

An E-11 is a Bombardier BD-700 buisiness jet with some communications gear on it, mostly operating as a relay platform. It carries the Northrop Grumman Battlefield Airborne Communications Node. The Air Force has a few of them, but the BACN is installed on several different types of aircraft and wouldn't necessarily have a crew onboard.

It's not some crazy secret thing. Frankly, the EQ-4B, a RQ-4 Global Hawk with the BACN, is the better implementation. But the entire Global Hawk family need to be retired and replaced with a stealth successor (RQ-180 variants?) soon.