Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Yup no waste whatsoever in the military....!!! and we need every last thing they spend the money on!!!!!

I guess we could bomb people who are infected!!
    No. I have litterally spent years in this forum going to exquisite, super wonkish details on the country's upcoming and ongoing defense spending requirements. You can search any one of those dozens of posts for the novels I've written explaining the why. And they will not be pushed aside so some liberals who just lost their primary can circle jerk to their godforsaken (and evidently voter forsaken) ideology one more time.

You want UBI? Tax more.
    More defense spending? Tax more.
    More infrastructure? Tax more.

SInce the 1990s liberals have treated the defense budget like a slush fund they could tap to make all their dreams come through. That's a bunch of bullshit inherited from the era of post-Cold War cuts. This is 25 years later. Much has changed.

It's not one or the other. A budget is a list of priorities. It's all the above. I know shooting your wad over UBI is boiletplate progressive nowdays, but, and this is something you're not told often enougn, our $300 billion Ohio replacement submarine program and our $200 billion B-21 bomber program are as important as Medicare and more important than UBI (repacling capability that does exist and is aging versus something we don't have).

We have to do everything. Or maybe I should adopt the alternate tack. Maybe I should start saying "let's plunder social security, we need more aircraft carriers. After all, Social security is for the little people, I have a 401k!" Sound's ridiculous when the shoe is on the other foot huh?

Government isn't about either or. It's about all and how.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Most of congress and the two candidates for president are over the age of 60 forget supreme court justices we will need a new government.
    Hell, you need to go down to Pompeo (56) to get someone who is under 60 in the line of succession.

And the only person under 50 in the entire cabinet is Wolf (who is 43 or 44).

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Trump - "I'd rate our response as a 10"

FFS man, you're going to get people killed. Oh wait, you already did.
    If you rate it out of 100 he might be right, but we all know Trump is probably rating it out of 9.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    He is absolutely right, just doing some simple maths based on numbers out of China/Italy makes it obvious. They need to start building emergency facilities now so that they'll be ready for the surge in a couple weeks time. Though I would not really call them hospitals, more places to store the sick until they recover or die on their own. A more modern version of this -

Don't we have a bunch of those holding pens near the southern border?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    No. I have litterally spent years in this forum going to exquisite, super wonkish details on the country's upcoming and ongoing defense spending requirements. You can search any one of those dozens of posts for the novels I've written explaining the why. And they will not be pushed aside so some liberals who just lost their primary can circle jerk to their godforsaken (and evidently voter forsaken) ideology one more time.
    Yes we know no one can touch the golden cash cow...god forbid.
    The irrational fear will take over and we will be taken over by the commies.

no use in arguing with you because the years you have spent here going in detail show you will never compromise or admit anything to the counter I think is what you mean to say.

And they will not be pushed aside so some liberals who just lost their primary can circle jerk to their godforsaken (and evidently voter forsaken) ideology one more time.

Only been a fight for four or five dozen primaries, but hey Bernie bro's hoooooo!

You want UBI? Tax more.
    More defense spending? Tax more.
    More infrastructure? Tax more.

Seems odd defense gets increases almost every year without a single peep about an actual defense tax to pay for it all. Or actually see a budget decrease in most budgets.

SInce the 1990s liberals have treated the defense budget like a slush fund they could tap to make all their dreams come through. That's a bunch of bullshit inherited from the era of post-Cold War cuts. This is 25 years later. Much has changed.

Since the...umm...1930's this country has treated the taxpayers like a slush fund they could tap to fund all the wars and fund their corporate military overlords.
    See I can do it too!!

BTW its all a single source of funds before it becomes a defense budget. They are not tapping any defense budget they are requesting their budget request competing for general tax funds. You want a specific untouchable defense budget then push for a military specific tax and lockbox, till then its all fair game and they all have the same right to the monies.

It's not one or the other. A budget is a list of priorities. It's all the above. I know shooting your wad over UBI is boiletplate progressive nowdays, but, and this is something you're not told often enougn, our $300 billion Ohio replacement submarine program and our $200 billion B-21 bomber program are as important as Medicare and more important than UBI (repacling capability that does exist and is aging versus something we don't have).

Yes we know its Def a priority to have more defense spending no matter what it is being spent on, just a automatic increase each year without any questions.

As for UBI I sure don't support it even though in reality that income would be taxed and spent back into the economy that would be taxed to fund...wait for it....wait for it...the military. More so then actual military spending.

As for your pet projects, Ya they can be cut, not fully but they can be cut just like Trump wants to cut Medicare, SS and a half dozen other programs.
    And you know what, the world won't end.
    China won't attack us because our military is funded 100 billion dollars less. Better bet that the militaries around the world would follow our lead and reduce their own.

We have to do everything. Or maybe I should adopt the alternate tack. Maybe I should start saying "let's plunder social security, we need more aircraft carriers. After all, Social security is for the little people, I have a 401k!" Sound's ridiculous when the shoe is on the other foot huh?

Government isn't about either or. It's about all and how.

Social security is specifically taxed for its own purpose, stop being silly. It's a ridiculous comparison
    And military folks already do that with social programs, pushing for cutting entitlement programs to have a bigger military budget.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Well at least the presidents party and senate has things in priority.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-package.html

Senate will not pass emergency coronavirus bailout for DAYS and some Republicans are believed to oppose package which includes sick pay guarantees for sufferers
    The Senate will remain in session this week, despite the coronavirus outbreak

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is expected to bring the emergency coronavirus stimulus package for a vote – but not until later in the week
    Instead, the Senate is first voting on renewing intelligence surveillance laws

Democratic Senator Dick Durbin asserted the Senate should bring the bill up for a vote by unanimous consent instead of focusing on renewing FISA
    'Given this pandemic, time is of the essence and we should not delay,' he said in a statement Sunday

The Senate is heading to the Capitol as the House recesses as the coronavirus outbreak continues to spread across the nation

- - - Updated - - -

Yup no waste whatsoever in the military....!!! and we need every last thing they spend the money on!!!!!

I guess we could bomb people who are infected!!
    Not to mention all the bull shit departments spend money on to honor exceed budgets so they keep the same funding or more. Gid forbid they spend less than they need instead of adding bloat for no reason.

Yes we know no one can touch the golden cash cow...god forbid.
    The irrational fear will take over and we will be taken over by the commies.

no use in arguing with you because the years you have spent here going in detail show you will never compromise or admit anything to the counter I think is what you mean to say.

Only been a fight for four or five dozen primaries, but hey Bernie bro's hoooooo!

Seems odd defense gets increases almost every year without a single peep about an actual defense tax to pay for it all. Or actually see a budget decrease in most budgets.

Since the...umm...1930's this country has treated the taxpayers like a slush fund they could tap to fund all the wars and fund their corporate military overlords.
    See I can do it too!!

BTW its all a single source of funds before it becomes a defense budget. They are not tapping any defense budget they are requesting their budget request competing for general tax funds. You want a specific untouchable defense budget then push for a military specific tax and lockbox, till then its all fair game and they all have the same right to the monies.

Yes we know its Def a priority to have more defense spending no matter what it is being spent on, just a automatic increase each year without any questions.

As for UBI I sure don't support it even though in reality that income would be taxed and spent back into the economy that would be taxed to fund...wait for it....wait for it...the military. More so then actual military spending.

As for your pet projects, Ya they can be cut, not fully but they can be cut just like Trump wants to cut Medicare, SS and a half dozen other programs.
    And you know what, the world won't end.
    China won't attack us because our military is funded 100 billion dollars less. Better bet that the militaries around the world would follow our lead and reduce their own.

Social security is specifically taxed for its own purpose, stop being silly. It's a ridiculous comparison
    And military folks already do that with social programs, pushing for cutting entitlement programs to have a bigger military budget.
    Before I answer this point by point, let me ask, why do YOU think it increases every year? Functionally, how does it happen?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...ovid-19-danger

This is why you don't have family in the White House.

Last Thursday, as the stock market was on the way to losing nearly 2,400 points—its biggest single-day plunge since the 1987 Black Monday crash—Donald Trump was worrying about the fate of the football season. NFL players aren’t scheduled to report to training camp for months, but according to a source, Trump feared that the league might preemptively announce it was following the NBA and NHL and suspend or delay operations due to the coronavirus. So Trump called NFL owners to see if any action was on the horizon. “Trump begged them not to cancel the season,” a source briefed on the call said.

Trump’s concern for the NFL’s well-being was a stark reversal given that he spent the first two years of his presidency attacking the league and its kneeling players. It reflected Trump’s magical thinking that he could manage the coronavirus pandemic by convincing people life would remain normal and sports would be played. (Last week, Trump also spoke with Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White and advised him not to cancel UFC events.) “Trump thinks this is a media problem,” a Republican close to the White House told me. Treating COVID-19 as a public-relations crisis put Trump at odds with the medical community, including the White House’s chief coronavirus adviser, Dr. Anthony Fauci. During an interview on Meet the Press this weekend, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases urged the United States to move toward a national lockdown similar to the actions taken by Italy and Spain. “I think we should really be overly aggressive and get criticized for overreacting,” Fauci said.

With the markets in free fall despite emergency action by the Fed over the weekend, Trump is waking up to the reality that’s been clear to everyone: Coronavirus poses a once-in-a-hundred-years threat to the country. “In the last 48 hours he has understood the magnitude of what’s going on,” a former West Wing official told me. As Trump processes the stakes facing the country—and his presidency—he’s also lashing out at advisers, whom he blames for the White House’s inept and flat-footed response. Sources say a principal target of his anger is Jared Kushner. “I have never heard so many people inside the White House openly discussed how pissed Trump is at Jared,” the former West Wing official said.

Sources told me Trump is regretting that Kushner swooped into the coronavirus response last week. Kushner, according to sources, encouraged Trump to treat the emergency as a P.R. problem when Fauci and others were calling for aggressive action. “This was Jared saying the world needs me to solve another problem,” a former White House official said. One source briefed on the internal conversations told me that Kushner advised Trump not to call a national emergency during his Oval Office address on March 11 because “it would tank the markets.” The markets cratered anyway, and Trump announced the national emergency on Friday. “They had to clean that up on Friday,” another former West Wing official said. Trump was also said to be angry that Kushner oversold Google’s coronavirus testing website when in fact the tech giant had a fledgling effort. Trump got slammed in the press for promoting the phantom Google product. “Jared told Trump that Google was doing an entire website that would be up in 72 hours and had 1,100 people working on it 24/7. That’s just a lie,” the source briefed on the internal conversations told me.

Reached for comment, a White House official said: “This is just another false story focused on rumors about palace intrigue instead of the actual aggressive measures President Trump has implemented to keep the American people safe and healthy.”

One reason the president’s attitude may be changing is that coronavirus showed up at his doorstep, literally: Mar-a-Lago is now a hot spot. Last weekend, Trump interacted with a Brazilian government official who tested positive for COVID-19. The appearance of coronavirus inside the president’s bubble jolted the president’s inner circle that up until that point treated the virus more like a Democratic plot. With coronavirus lurking on the property, about a hundred guests sipped cocktails by the pool at a 50th birthday party for Donald Trump Jr.’s girlfriend, former Fox News personality Kimberly Guilfoyle. RNC chairwoman Ronna McDaniel announced after attending the party that she was self-quarantining after experiencing flu-like symptoms. Another turning point was an intervention by Guilfoyle’s former colleague Tucker Carlson. A source who attended the party told me Carlson went to Mar-a-Lago to confront Trump directly about his failure to take the virus seriously.

Now that Trump is engaged and the crisis is accelerating—the Dow dropped nearly 3,000 points on Monday—Republicans fear he is operating without a playbook at a time when one is desperately needed. On Sunday night, with no unified message coming from the government, rumors swirled online that Trump would imminently announce a national lockdown (the White House tweeted that the rumor was false). But several former White House officials told me they believed the rumor to be true. “This is not what he likes to do,” a former West Wing official said. “There’s no boogeyman he can attack.” On Monday, Trump reportedly told governors they’re on their own. “Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment—try getting it yourselves,” Trump said on a conference call, according to the New York Times.

Every hour seems to bring about a future that would have been unimaginable only days ago. Ohio might be postponing Tuesday’s primary. Would Trump try to delay the election? In another news conference on Monday afternoon, he announced federal guidelines banning gatherings of 10 or more people, auguring the rumored national lockdown. Republicans fear a lockdown could compound the crisis if Trump is cooped up in the White House with nothing to watch but the news. “What’s he going to do, watch reruns of the Masters from 2017? He’s just going to watch TV and tweet and it’s going to get worse,” the former official said.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Ah this old chestnut. Factually wrong. The answer is no, and don't ask again.
    You know... just because you believe it doesn't make it true. As someone that has actually been in the military, and not somebody that just sits around and fantasizes about it, you are full of it. We could slash military spending in half and still be an unstoppable juggernaut, but doing so would break the defense industry that thrives on that waste like ticks on a dog.

What it would take to cut military spending safely would be to take the military procurement system and rip it out by the roots and replace it. No other industry gives vendors the sort of power the defense industry does. Giants like Exxon-Mobil, General Motors and General Electric dominate their supply chains with an iron fist, but the US Military, the largest financial and corporate entity in the world, rolls over for them like a beaten dog. This leads to an endless parade of broken and useless equipment, technologies, and programs that are designed to maximize profit, not combat power. We got biometric systems that shut down over 105 degrees (And used them in the summer when it is never less then 110...), we got unnecessary computers bolted onto everything, we got "Smart" solutions to problems that were better solved with tools that were old when the romans built their empire. And we got vast, sprawling, aimless weapons programs with no end role in combat. We built the Zumwalts without ever figuring out what we wanted to use them for, we canceled the Commanche because we built a cool toy that had no role on the battlefield.

And we spend trillions because we don't have a consistent foreign policy that lasts longer then 8 years. We stumble into situations we don't understand, for goals we can't articulate, with resources we never allocated.

Fuck spending, we need actual leadership, not cash. Spend the money on something that builds society, we aren't going to be running out of bombs any time soon. I am scarcely a pacifist, we do need a strong military, but the idea you can buy one by maxing out our credit cards is a sham. You build a strong military with discipline and vision, and we have neither.

I posted an article a few pages back about the Kushner disaster. Shocking nepotism is not working as intended.

Now the part about thinking this is media hysteria, aka fake news is this finally coming back to haunt him. This moron so caught up in think everything is "fake news" he probably cant react to an actual new story anymore. Yes, we see his follower doing the same along with his House and Senate minions.

Its quite fascinating and very dangerous. Trump in the end has done more harm than good, but we will see how much this affects him and is it enough to sway election. I'm always hesitant to say the election is going to go a certain way (I worry), but this handling of this is I want it to be pretty crushing, which in all likely hood it won't.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

Wait... Guilfoyle is 50? How much paint does Fox news paint on their anchors? Isn't that like 12 years older then Trump Jr.? And doesn't that make her 2 years older then Melania?

Don Jr. didn't learn Don Sr's taste in younger women I see...

Oh, yes, and also nepotism is bad. Shocking stuff really. At this point I am not really surprised by any level of incompetent bungling in this administration. Who knows if this particular report is true, but it might as well be.

I expect Trump to tell us to go around hugging sick people so they don't feel so lonely tomorrow or something. There is no coherence or reason in this administration, just plots, drama, and cluelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    You know... just because you believe it doesn't make it true. As someone that has actually been in the military, and not somebody that just sits around and fantasizes about it, you are full of it. We could slash military spending in half and still be an unstoppable juggernaut, but doing so would break the defense industry that thrives on that waste like ticks on a dog.

What it would take to cut military spending safely would be to take the military procurement system and rip it out by the roots and replace it. No other industry gives vendors the sort of power the defense industry does. Giants like Exxon-Mobil, General Motors and General Electric dominate their supply chains with an iron fist, but the US Military, the largest financial and corporate entity in the world, rolls over for them like a beaten dog. This leads to an endless parade of broken and useless equipment, technologies, and programs that are designed to maximize profit, not combat power. We got biometric systems that shut down over 105 degrees (And used them in the summer when it is never less then 110...), we got unnecessary computers bolted onto everything, we got "Smart" solutions to problems that were better solved with tools that were old when the romans built their empire. And we got vast, sprawling, aimless weapons programs with no end role in combat. We built the Zumwalts without ever figuring out what we wanted to use them for, we canceled the Commanche because we built a cool toy that had no role on the battlefield.

And we spend trillions because we don't have a consistent foreign policy that lasts longer then 8 years. We stumble into situations we don't understand, for goals we can't articulate, with resources we never allocated.

Fuck spending, we need actual leadership, not cash. Spend the money on something that builds society, we aren't going to be running out of bombs any time soon. I am scarcely a pacifist, we do need a strong military, but the idea you can buy one by maxing out our credit cards is a sham. You build a strong military with discipline and vision, and we have neither.
    Horseshit. This isn't about capabilities and I was not about to launch in a non-sequitur about stealth bombers and crap like that. It's not even specifically about the military's need details (and don't you dare accuse me of fantasizing about it considering I've recently just said that if the military isn't deployed to build emergency triage centers for COVID-19, their budget should be savaged - see below -, so that's just crazy).

If Trump doesn't order the military to build emergency triage facilities around the country before long, I will call on the next Democratic President and Democratic Congress to shred the defense budget.

If it can't spend $5-10 billion setting up dozens of emergency facilities promptly, it shouldn't get $800 billion when this is over. It should get $150 billion. It's that simple. A military that doesn't build emergency triage facilities for the American people doesn't get to build carriers, doesn't get to build bombers, and doesn't get to launch rockets into space. It gets cut to the bone. And we start amputating some bones too.

Their ass is very much on the line with this. This is very much a "what the fuck is the point of ALLLLL OF THIS" moment.

It's about spending and governance and politics and most of all the process. We could be talking about the military. We could be talking about the NSF. We could be talking about NASA. We could be talking about ordering the military to spend $200 billion on toilet paper and hand sanitizer instead of submarines. It's the same damn budgetary process. It's about how the sausage is made.

We talk about the military because it's the 800 billion lbs gorilla in the room and thus the easiest thing to discuss. It's easier to wrap your head around than something more esoteric. People know what a bomber or a missile or a jet is. If there was something else with that big a budget footprint that acted as a quasi- counter-point to progressives' budget wishlist, I'd talk about that instead. It's a properly-scaled contrast to entitlement programs. But the fantastical disrespect progressives here and around have for "how the sausage is made" _is_ the problem in our discussions here. They don't want to understand the process and then act outraged and self righteous when they don't get what they want. That has to stop, or the conversation becomes stupid. They need to understand that every missile bought comes as a result of a tradeoff, just like every dollar that goes into the EPA is a result of a trade off.

Without understanding and respecting the process - with doing what they are currently doing - they won't get M4A or UBI anymore than Trump will get his fucking wall. And the hilarious part is they won't even understand why it didn't happen any greater than the average Trumphadi.

To answer and rebuke what you are saying and @Zan15's point, the ONLY relevant point here is that the military budget goes up and up and up not because there is a need, but because there is a two year budget deal in place (the third of which we're in) that saw Democrats agree on a bipartisan basis with Republicans that both Defense and non-defense discretionary would go up by a near equal amounts, dollar for dollar. It's been that way since 2015. It'll likely be that way until at least 2024.

-> It's not about what they're buying.
    -> It's not about the military need.
    -> It's about the fact that Democrats and Republicans, after years of budget showdowns, struck a comprehensive budget deal that's been rolled out 6 times now and has many stakeholders. There is a word for that: compromise.

That's the point I was about to make for @Zan15 when he responded. The defense budget doesn't go up because of military obsessed Republicans or weak Democrats or corrupt politicians. Defense isn't even a big part of our economy (consumer goods dwarf it). It goes up because Republicans wanted something, Democrats wanted something and in the best tradition of good governance, they figured out how to make it so that everyone wins.

And that's even my point for UBI going back to my original response. If progressives want that, to say "let's cut the wasteful defense budget it to fund it" flies in the face of THAT SPIRIT OF COMPROMISE. I mean it's almost a farce. We have a compromise budget that is widely defended by the legislature, and now you want to introduce - unilaterally mind you - and item that obliterates that compromise? How about instead of proposing a compromise-shattering cut, we proceed to what the other side would want in return for adding it on top of the existing budget?

That was my point. It's not about one or the other. It's about all the above. If UBI is to be a thing, then work it into a new compromise. Democrats put up UBI. Republicans ask for something. Find the common ground, like non-defense discretionary found the common ground. That's responsible. And reasonable. And the process we're supposed to follow.

So don't you presume to say what point I am arguing from. You wait for my explanation.

And to further undercut what you're saying, I've said on MANY occasions I'd be perfectly fine if the country severely cut its defense budget SO LONG AS it has the policy discussion FIRST. If it wants to spend $300 billion on defense, it should have a defense strategy sized for $300 billion. What it should not do is have a $300 billion budget trying to impliment a $800 billion policy. Does that sound militarist or unreasonable to you? Because it sounds like prudent governance to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Edited to add more context.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2020-03-17 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GOP are stalling the House-passed relief bill on the grounds that

1) They haven't had time to read it out loud in public, and
    2) It doesn't have some items they claim will get more cash to workers and small businesses.

Naturally, the Democrats said "Well, now you know how the tax cut for the rich felt. By the way, it passed the House 363-40 so, if you vote against this, you've stranded half your party on this one. Have fun with that."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The GOP are stalling the House-passed relief bill on the grounds that

1) They haven't had time to read it out loud in public, and
    2) It doesn't have some items they claim will get more cash to workers and small businesses.

Naturally, the Democrats said "Well, now you know how the tax cut for the rich felt. By the way, it passed the House 363-40 so, if you vote against this, you've stranded half your party on this one. Have fun with that."
    I guarantee the part that they're stalling on his the "Free Coronavirus Testing" part. Cotton and McConnell aren't necessarily known for supporting workers and small business. Taking kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies though...that's another thing.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Video emerges showing Trump talking about cutting pandemic team in 2018, despite saying last week 'I didn't know about it'

“I’m a business person, I don’t like having thousands of people around when you don’t need them,” he added.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9405191.html

Shocker Trump does the most obvious lie. Like when a kid has chocolate all over his face and you ask him if he ate the chocolate and says "no". This is what is so amazing is his lies are so weak. The "I never knew the guy" or "that person barely worked for me" while all the time we have massive evidence of the opposite.

I just never understand why you would follow such a liar. /rhetorical.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/janett...ial-distancing

Fellow millennial, it's finally our time. WE HAVE THE POWER. WE CONTROL THE DESTINY OF THE FOX NEWS VIEWING AUDIENCE.

Wield this power wisely, my compatriots, for we know our time wielding it is short.

- - - Updated - - -

God damnit, because of course there is.

So Trump supporters, there seem to be two options here -

1. Your president is so senile and demented that he doesn't remember bragging about firing these losers.

2. Your president remembers he fired those losers, knows that admitting to it is bad because it would make it look like his actions to save a few bucks may have potentially led to billions in economic damage due to not having a proper contingency plan in place with these folks, and is lying to the media and American public to protect his own image while Americans are dying and losing their jobs.

I'm not sure what other options there are, but none seem like they'd be "good".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/janett...ial-distancing

Fellow millennial, it's finally our time. WE HAVE THE POWER. WE CONTROL THE DESTINY OF THE FOX NEWS VIEWING AUDIENCE.

Wield this power wisely, my compatriots, for we know our time wielding it is short.

- - - Updated - - -

God damnit, because of course there is.

So Trump supporters, there seem to be two options here -

1. Your president is so senile and demented that he doesn't remember bragging about firing these losers.

2. Your president remembers he fired those losers, knows that admitting to it is bad because it would make it look like his actions to save a few bucks may have potentially led to billions in economic damage due to not having a proper contingency plan in place with these folks, and is lying to the media and American public to protect his own image while Americans are dying and losing their jobs.

I'm not sure what other options there are, but none seem like they'd be "good".
    You forgot "they were obama people and needed to be removed, this happens all the time", followed by "but her emails".

By the end of February, a Berlin start-up had produced 1.4 million tests for coronavirus to ship around the world. The US said no thanks; we can create our own.
    But now after numerous failures, the US now has the lowest rate for testing its citizens https://t.co/ulTFDOOlje
    https://twitter.com/CarolLeonnig/sta...343152133?s=19

Putin has Trump so pussy whipped that he didn't want help from an allied country.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the ongoing effort to prove there was no collusion with Russia, Trump's DOJ drops charges stemming from the Mueller investigation against a Russian troll farm that attacked the election.

The filing says that they wouldn't have been found guilty anyhow, and would use the discovery process to learn how the US was fighting election interference. Oddly enough, the filing's closing arguments include the phrase "bigly hoax JOBS!"