Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Americans could wait up to 20 weeks for mailed stimulus checks: Democratic memo

The checks are coming from the Treasury, not Congress. This is an Executive Branch issue. To be fair, I imagine most people use direct deposit, but 20 weeks is far too late to be helpful.
    I wonder how much of that is due to the IRS being systematically gutted over the years.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/coron...oyment-claims/

Man, remember that time Wilbur Ross went out and said that the coronavirus would be great for the US economy because it would accelerate the return of jobs to the States? Like...literally 2 months ago at the end of January?

That hasn't aged well as we face the biggest spike in jobless claims in US history.

Still not sure why he has a job given that he lied to the House repeatedly on the Census. He should be in jail.

And also as a reminder: He's a fake billionaire that spent years lying for Forbes about his wealth.

10+ Year Old Account

The checks are coming from the Treasury, not Congress. This is an Executive Branch issue. To be fair, I imagine most people use direct deposit, but 20 weeks is far too late to be helpful.
    well frik. They dont have my DD. Can I use the portal to add it in later, cause I really rather not wait longer than April / May.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    well frik. They dont have my DD. Can I use the portal to add it in later, cause I really rather not wait longer than April / May.
    If you already filed taxes this year, um...I don't know.

On topic: remember how Trump tried to blame states for not stocking up? About that: FEMA just told the House they don't have enough, either.

As per usual, Team Trump insists on accusing others of what they themselves are guilty of.

Now to be fair, these are extreme times. I don't blame FEMA for not having enough buuuuuuuuuuut Trump decided that it was a problem, so now he has to own that. Sorry. I don't make the rules. I just see to it they're enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    There's too much oil to go around, the US drills up more than it can realistically use and so do the OPEC nations who screw back their production to manipulate the price.

And with the economy now being at an all time low there's even less of a demand for it.
    Also people don't realize there is more than enough oil but now there is going to be a surplus of crude in every country because of this pandemic. The issue was never that we were running out of oil, the problem is that the demand is normally so very much higher than our physical ability to remove it from the earth to meet the demand and why renewable cleaner energies are the answer (in the long run).

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

*deep breath*

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Trump demands Sessions stop claiming he supported Trump during Trump's 2016 run

The Trump campaign has learned that your U.S. Senate campaign is circulating mailers like the one I have enclosed, in which you misleadingly promote your connections to and ‘support’ of President Trump.

The enclosed letter and donor form in fact mention President Trump by name 22 times. The letter even makes the delusional assertion that you are President ‘Trump’s #1 supporter.'

We only assume your campaign is doing this to confuse President Trump’s loyal supporters in Alabama into believing the president supports your candidacy in the upcoming primary runoff election. Nothing could be further from the truth.
    HAHAHAHAHA that fat orange fuck is trying to re-write history HAHAHAHAHAHA

This is what your loyalty is worth, rabid fanbase. Nothing. Less than nothing. The second, the second you stop being useful, you will be thrown aside like a $130,000 prostitute.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of rewriting history: Team Trump has released a video splicing together out-of-context sound bites to make it sound like Biden called the coronavirus a hoax.

*cracks knuckles*

Let's count 'em down.

One: again, no he didn't.

Two: Trump once again accuses others of what he's guilty of.

Three: Trump just begged Biden for help. Biden just responded by demanding Trump pull the video.

And Four: Biden also told Twitter to take it down, on the grounds that it's demonstrably false. If Twitter wins, Trump loses leverage, and Biden can tell Trump to get stuffed. Which will take all day, because Trump is a giant fatass.

Exclusive: The Trump Organization is looking for financial help from @DeutscheBank and Palm Beach County in Florida, according to sources and documents reviewed by @nytimes. with @benprotess @EricLiptonNYT https://t.co/fofpwOb7am
    https://twitter.com/davidenrich/stat...029427201?s=19

More to the thread if you want to click link.

So there we have it. Trump Organization, aka Donald Trump asking for a loan. Duetsch Bank knowing and fearing that Trump will take it out if they don't float him the money.

Supposedly the Palm Beach needs tens of thousands to cover payments to county.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/militar...id-19-n1175351

The captain that raised the alarm about the coronavirus on his ship is apparently set to be fired. It wouldn't surprise me if the actual reason was, "Trump thought he was making him look bad.", because I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

They say, "lost of trust and confidence", but I imagine that his crew was probably pretty thankful that he was able to get them some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/militar...id-19-n1175351

The captain that raised the alarm about the coronavirus on his ship is apparently set to be fired. It wouldn't surprise me if the actual reason was, "Trump thought he was making him look bad.", because I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

They say, "lost of trust and confidence", but I imagine that his crew was probably pretty thankful that he was able to get them some help.
    It wouldn't be the first time under Trump, and it will not be the last. Demanding loyalty pledges and compiling lists of those who may not be loyalists, is what third-world dictators have long done.

https://morningconsult.com/2020/04/0...e-coronavirus/

Off the loss of support from independents, Trump's approval rating for the handling of this is dropping again. After the initial, "Wow, he's actually doing something!" starts wearing off, folks realize that his administration is actually doing very little.

Report from Germany: we have an instrument called "short-time work unemployment benefit" where employers don't fire people but reduce working hours for everyone and pay them less but workers get 60% of the loss from social security. Meaning that even at 0 hours workers keep 60% of wages without being fired. Civil service gets thousands of applications but says is able to decide within 15 days (employers file for all their employees at once so it's easier to decide, benefits are paid in a lump sum to employer who then passes it on with reduced wages to employees).

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump is letting Fauci and Brix getting away with saying 100,000 to 250,000 deaths on TV. That has to be best case, fairytale type numbers... what’s the real number? I think we’re looking at 1M+
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    So Trump is letting Fauci and Brix getting away with saying 100,000 to 250,000 deaths on TV. That has to be best case, fairytale type numbers... what’s the real number? I think we’re looking at 1M+
    timeframe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    timeframe?
    None was given, but I suspect they meant in the next two months, through the end of May.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

At least it does seem like our curve is starting to slowly flatten, not that I think Trump had jack shit to do with it and honestly things probably wouldn't have even gotten this far if anyone else had been in office.
    Also remains to be seen if this trend remains or if it spikes.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/inf...covid19-curve/

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump is letting Fauci and Brix getting away with saying 100,000 to 250,000 deaths on TV.
    And Trump has backed that up personally, saying things like

So you’re talking about 2.2 million deaths, 2.2 million people from this. And so if we could hold that down, as we’re saying, to 100,000. It’s a horrible number, maybe even less —but to 100,000. So we have between 100 and 200,000, and we altogether have done a very good job.
    in complete agreement. Also, he's looking to take credit by keeping the deaths to "only" 200,000 for his mistakes.

None was given, but I suspect they meant in the next two months, through the end of May.
    That would surprise me.
    Someone here suggested a number close to 200k with trickles/flare-ups during the summer. That sounded more likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tazkar View Post
    At least it does seem like our curve is starting to slowly flatten, not that I think Trump had jack shit to do with it and honestly things probably wouldn't have even gotten this far if anyone else had been in office. Also remains to be seen if this trend remains or if it spikes.
    https://www.visualcapitalist.com/inf...covid19-curve/
    *nods* More so the respective states' governors doing than Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the name Capt. Brett Crozier sound familiar? It should. He was featured in this article, containing amongst other things:

The captain of a nuclear aircraft carrier with more than 100 sailors infected with the coronavirus pleaded Monday with U.S. Navy officials for resources to allow isolation of his entire crew and avoid possible deaths in a situation he described as quickly deteriorating.

“This will require a political solution but it is the right thing to do,” Crozier wrote. “We are not at war. Sailors do not need to die. If we do not act now, we are failing to properly take care of our most trusted asset — our Sailors.”

“Removing the majority of personnel from a deployed U.S. nuclear aircraft carrier and isolating them for two weeks may seem like an extraordinary measure. ... This is a necessary risk,” Crozier wrote. “Keeping over 4,000 young men and women on board the TR is an unnecessary risk and breaks faith with those Sailors entrusted to our care.”

Asked Tuesday what should be done about the Roosevelt, President Trump said he would “let the military make that decision.”
    "Wow, it sounds like the captain of that ship really valued the safety of his crewmen. He sounds like a good person to have in charge."

Yes, he was.

"Was?"

He has been relieved of his command.

"Why?"

Oh, because the letter he wrote was leaked to the media. This is the era of Trump, don't forget. Optics is everything. We can't have people knowing there's a virus that could hurt people, can we?

Incidentally, an evacuation is already ongoing, apparently taking a few days. So it's not like his concerns weren't justified. So that's not the excuse.

I wish @Skroe could comment.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/davidenrich/stat...029427201?s=19

More to the thread if you want to click link.

So there we have it. Trump Organization, aka Donald Trump asking for a loan. Duetsch Bank knowing and fearing that Trump will take it out if they don't float him the money.

Supposedly the Palm Beach needs tens of thousands to cover payments to county.
    Good thing Kavanaugh got the appointment then, eh? Kennedy sure did a good job arranging that through his son.

I'm no longer watching Trump's propaganda disseminations, but apparently Kushner is there in lieu of Dr. Fauci and he praised Trump as being very "hands on" with the corona virus situation. I don't suppose ANYONE wants to jump in and tell him exactly why that's a poor choice of words?