1. #38621
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Certain it will be. Biden did his speech yesterday to contrast his leadership with Trump and came off looking infinitely more presidential.
    It's really not that hard to look (or be) more presidential than Trump though...

  2. #38622
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's really not that hard to look (or be) more presidential than Trump though...
    I was just going to say, "presidential" has fallen to such a low all Biden has to do is successfully tie his shoelaces and then not look smug about it.

  3. #38623
    The Lightbringer PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I was just going to say, "presidential" has fallen to such a low all Biden has to do is successfully tie his shoelaces and then not look smug about it.
    Fuck it, he could look smug all he wanted, as long as he didn't tweet endlessly about it.

    On second thought, Trump would have someone else tie his shoes for him, then endlessly post self-congratulatory tweets taking credit for it.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  4. #38624
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I was just going to say, "presidential" has fallen to such a low all Biden has to do is successfully tie his shoelaces and then not look smug about it.
    I have shoelaces. The best shoelaces. The greatest shoelaces. People ask me, how do you get such good shoelaces? I tie them and they still look great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I don't think I ever hide the fact I was a national socialist. The fact I am a German one is what technically makes me a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You haven't seen nothing yet, we trumpsters will definitely be getting some cool uniforms soon I hope.

  5. #38625
    Bloodsail Admiral wunksta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thecalifornian.com/story...ch/5045523002/

    Trump, who was exposed to multiple people who have tested positive to the virus, went on a hand-shaking spree today. Doctors advise anyone exposed to someone confirmed to have the virus avoid direct contact like...handshakes.
    Seriously, what the fuck.

  6. #38626
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    I have shoelaces. The best shoelaces. The greatest shoelaces. People ask me, how do you get such good shoelaces? I tie them and they still look great!
    3 of 10...for effort.

    he would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less organized in the way he said and waaaaaaaaaaaay more grammatically incorrect.
    Also he would have words that don't exist.
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

  7. #38627
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thecalifornian.com/story...ch/5045523002/

    Trump, who was exposed to multiple people who have tested positive to the virus, went on a hand-shaking spree today. Doctors advise anyone exposed to someone confirmed to have the virus avoid direct contact like...handshakes.

    "I don't take responsibility at all."

    Yeah, we all know this, dude.
    Lets see if he starts coughing in a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I don't think I ever hide the fact I was a national socialist. The fact I am a German one is what technically makes me a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You haven't seen nothing yet, we trumpsters will definitely be getting some cool uniforms soon I hope.

  8. #38628
    Warchief Mekkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    My desk, Lurkin'.
    Posts
    2,158
    My dad now believes the corona virus epidemic is being blown out of proportions and the media is using this as a tool to tank the economy to take down trump.

    These are the people who follow him.

  9. #38629
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    My dad now believes the corona virus epidemic is being blown out of proportions and the media is using this as a tool to tank the economy to take down trump.

    These are the people who follow him.
    I mean...what the fuck would the media even gain from this? Economy tanks, ad buys go away, media outlet revenues decline, they need layoffs etc. etc. etc.

    It's fucking stupid as all fucking sin.

  10. #38630
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...what the fuck would the media even gain from this? Economy tanks, ad buys go away, media outlet revenues decline, they need layoffs etc. etc. etc.

    It's fucking stupid as all fucking sin.
    It plays into the "everyone is against Trump" narrative. Logic isn't the point so much the victimhood inherent in the concept.

  11. #38631
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...what the fuck would the media even gain from this? Economy tanks, ad buys go away, media outlet revenues decline, they need layoffs etc. etc. etc.

    It's fucking stupid as all fucking sin.
    yep. My senior housing company is basically advising to stop all direct mailers / print ads / events etc (expensive marketing) because there won't be any return on it for the foreseeable future. At least Bloomberg will give media companies some good first quarter financials. Hard to make a sale when the prospective resident isn't allowed to even visit the community at this time. Video tours are fine, but that doesn't beat physically being there yourself walking around and seeing it.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-03-13 at 10:37 PM.

  12. #38632
    https://twitter.com/AP/status/1238589392723365889

    2 mar-a-lago members who were at the property when Trump was tested positive now.

  13. #38633
    Legitimately what in the fuck was that Press Conference.

  14. #38634
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Legitimately what in the fuck was that Press Conference.
    Not his responsibility at all.

  15. #38635
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Legitimately what in the fuck was that Press Conference.
    More shit to try to stroke his ego. Doing anything he can to not take blame for his shitty response to this pandemic.

  16. #38636
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not his responsibility at all.
    "No, I don’t take responsibility at all.”

    Biden is going to smash his skull with that particular rock. I can't wait for the swing-state ads.


    "Lost a loved one to Coronavirus?"
    "Trump: No, I don’t take responsibility at all.”
    "Cant get tested for Coronavirus?"
    "Trump: No, I don’t take responsibility at all.”
    "Lost your savings and retirement in the stock market crash?"
    "Trump: No, I don’t take responsibility at all.”
    "Can't pay your healthcare bills after you got sick?"
    "Trump: No, I don’t take responsibility at all.”

    "Keeping America Great?"
    "Trump: No, I don’t take responsibility at all.”

  17. #38637
    Immortal Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    7,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Legitimately what in the fuck was that Press Conference.
    Coronavirus® Proudly brought to you by Walmart, Roche, and CVS.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  18. #38638
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    "No, I don’t take responsibility at all.”

    Biden is going to smash his skull with that particular rock. I can't wait for the swing-state ads.


    "Lost a loved one to Coronavirus?"
    "Trump: No, I don’t take responsibility at all.”
    "Cant get tested for Coronavirus?"
    "Trump: No, I don’t take responsibility at all.”
    "Lost your savings and retirement in the stock market crash?"
    "Trump: No, I don’t take responsibility at all.”
    "Can't pay your healthcare bills after you got sick?"
    "Trump: No, I don’t take responsibility at all.”

    "Keeping America Great?"
    "Trump: No, I don’t take responsibility at all.”
    It's a line that's just tailor made to fit any ad of any size, shape, or duration.

    Seriously, I'm expecting some of the never-Trump groups to roll hard with this. I hope Democrats follow suit and step up their ad-game in a big way this time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/13/2...-thru-covid-19

    Contrary to Trump’s claim, Google is not building a nationwide coronavirus screening website

    Instead, Verily is building a triage website just for the Bay Area
    This administration is going to kill thousands, if not millions of Americans.

  19. #38639
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's a line that's just tailor made to fit any ad of any size, shape, or duration.

    Seriously, I'm expecting some of the never-Trump groups to roll hard with this. I hope Democrats follow suit and step up their ad-game in a big way this time.
    The key difference is Democrats are focused (obsessed?) with issues and focus their messaging in issues. Republican/Never-Trumpers learned a very long time ago that fear is an even more powerful electoral motivator. And they're entirely complimentary, which is why any good campaign does both types of adds. Typically though Democrats go more issue oriented and Republicans go more fear oriented.

    With Biden, this is a killer opportunity to go with as even a balance as possible. Sure, message on issues. Put up what is being proposed and draw contrasts. And then hammer the point home with reminding folks how Donald Trump is going to wreck your life if he is President for 4 more years.

    With this particular line, ad makers should be merciless with. Trump just handed them a loaded bazooka.

  20. #38640
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    31,005
    Due to Trump being a complete idiot, its pretty clear we need to rely on state and local authorities. The feds cant be counted on until someone that's actually competent is in office.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •