Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Oh, good news.

Trump is "authorizing each individual governor of each individual state to implement a reopening" in their respective states.

There's not an eyeroll emoji big enough...
    And his devoted followers, not bothering to learn that he doesn't have any authority over the governors in this area, will fawn over how generous he is and how he totally doesn't want a big bad government and he's just so wonderful!

I'm seriously re-evaluating my stance on poll tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And his devoted followers, not bothering to learn that he doesn't have any authority over the governors in this area, will fawn over how generous he is and how he totally doesn't want a big bad government and he's just so wonderful!

I'm seriously re-evaluating my stance on poll tests.
    I am really thinking if American citizens want to vote they need to pass the Citizenship test to do so. This is getting out of hand and everything always comes back to that 30% base.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    While we're piling on evil and shortsighted shit Trump's doing: Hey, ya'll remember those Stimulous checks? Some of which might not even show up for another couple of months and that experts say won't be nearly enough to help struggling americans stay afloat? Well, turns out many struggling Americans might not even get that much, as Trump's Treasury Department Gives Banks Green Light to Seize $1,200 Stimulus Checks to Pay Off Debts.

Because when given a list of options on how to actually govern, Trump's admin seems dead-fucking-set to pick whatever the most morally bankrupt or shortsighted option is.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Before we get started:

Our Ruling

If anyone can think of a reason that these NSC staffers all left unexpectedly that doesn't look badly on Trump, feel free to say so. But whether they were all fired, or all quit in unison, there's little wiggle room to work with. Good luck.

Anyhow, my point: we all know Trump said this, on purpose, on live TV, on this topic:

So Trump supporters: any of you who have not used your gun in six months, you must now sell it or otherwise get rid of it. Otherwise, you are calling Trump a liar.

"But I need my gun!"

You haven't used it in six months? Than no, you don't need it.

"But I might die if I can't protect myself with my gun!"

And people are dying because Trump didn't protect us from the outbreak, with a tool designed to protect us from outbreaks. Sorry. "I might need it, I might die" are not acceptable excuses -- we're seeing that in excess, right now.

"But it's a Constitutional right?"

Before, or after, Trump saying he had the authority to re-open the country? Sorry, the Constitution cannot be used to defend this, when the person you're supporting does not follow the Constitution.

Don't worry. If you really need a gun, you can get it back very quickly. In fact, how about you wait to get your gun back, for as long as it took Trump to get those doctors back? Let's see, how about...from the first case in the US, to the time Trump put Pence in charge?

"That's over a month".

Sounds good to me!
    It's really peculiar that you spend time arguing with literal strawmen. I guess you showed them but good though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    While we're piling on evil and shortsighted shit Trump's doing: Hey, ya'll remember those Stimulous checks? Some of which might not even show up for another couple of months and that experts say won't be nearly enough to help struggling americans stay afloat? Well, turns out many struggling Americans might not even get that much, as Trump's Treasury Department Gives Banks Green Light to Seize $1,200 Stimulus Checks to Pay Off Debts.

Because when given a list of options on how to actually govern, Trump's admin seems dead-fucking-set to pick whatever the most morally bankrupt or shortsighted option is.
    Do you hear that? What is that sound it is so familiar..it is screams..what’s causing it?

Ohh someone pushed over the edge and shooting up a local bank branch because their stimulus was seized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    I am really thinking if American citizens want to vote they need to pass the Citizenship test to do so. This is getting out of hand and everything always comes back to that 30% base.
    Sounds like a plan to sway the vote to immigrants... since we had to already study for a citizenship test, while natives didn’t.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because they suck at campaigning and messaging for the most part. And they can't out-crazy him, and crazy gets you headlines which in turn gets you ownership of the narrative.

And media are complicit in this too, let's make no mistake. They're raking in the clicks and eyeballs covering this stuff and turning politics into a spectator sport. I still can't get over how debate graphics look more fitting for a god-damned WWE match more often than not. And the way they talk about it is more fitting as well, even at outlets like NPR.

Democrats unwillingness and/or inability to take control the media narrative has been a source of constant frustration since the 2016 election. They have some great members who are charismatic, good at sound bites, and are great on TV. But for one reason or another they're not sending them out there, because I know there's no network that would turn down an interview with Ted Lieu on Trump. That's a guaranteed moneymaker as they'll get returns on the segment and the "viral" clips that follow.

There is a such a gold mine of shit to go after him for and I can't believe they're wasting time. Like, why haven't they even started talking about the judiciary yet, for fucks sake? Why aren't they already running ads about all the times Trump has been at the golf course while major events have been happening?

They really need to hire some Republican strategists to teach them how to play mean and play dirty, because they fucking suck at it. And they're now up against a group of assholes who are even better than Republican strategists at playing mean and dirty.
    I don't think actual Hillary Clinton is unlikable. Every time she's behind the scenes, or off the cuff, or in any casual setting, she seems like a perfectly likable, normal person. That's kind of the tragic thing about her. She's somehow convinced that the real her isn't likable, and so she constructs this phony persona that she thinks plays better with people, and it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Sounds like a plan to sway the vote to immigrants... since we had to already study for a citizenship test, while natives didn’t.
    It clearly won't happen I am just saying that it would be appreciated that citizens at-least have some semblance of education and knowledge of governmennt when going to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I don't think actual Hillary Clinton is unlikable. Every time she's behind the scenes, or off the cuff, or in any casual setting, she seems like a perfectly likable, normal person. That's kind of the tragic thing about her. She's somehow convinced that the real her isn't likable, and so she constructs this phony persona that she thinks plays better with people, and it doesn't.

Totally normal, just a vast right wing conspiracy that makes people dislike her.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Totally normal, just a vast right wing conspiracy that makes people dislike her.
    I don't think you bothered to read any of what he wrote.

10+ Year Old Account
    It clearly won't happen I am just saying that it would be appreciated that citizens at-least have some semblance of education and knowledge of governmennt when going to vote.
    Oh totally, am just pointing out the irony of immigrants being more prepared for a citizenship poll test, than natives.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

I wonder if there are any particular racial demographics that have historically faced adverse impacts from voting tests that would be likely to do poorly on such a proposed test of civics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Here is a retrospective of 20 years of Hillary in pop culture and how she went from being extremely popular, to being a conservative punching bag. Including her lauded representation on Rossan and other shows that later gained notoriety for flipping the switch:

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't think you bothered to read any of what he wrote.
    I did. That's certainly an off the cuff Hillary moment.

She pretty much seems like a sociopath in every setting. Yes, I know, the lackey power-seeking staffers around her say she's actually just the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    You must really suck at your job when the "news" organisation that will jump in front of danger to protect you no matter what, doubts your ability to lead.

Also yeah if you could do the world a favour and not elect a sociopath as your leader next time, that'd be great.
    they're doing that cause Trump is dumping MarlaFox for MelaniaOAN.

I did. That's certainly an off the cuff Hillary moment.

She pretty much seems like a sociopath in every setting. Yes, I know, the lackey power-seeking staffers around her say she's actually just the best.
    If you don't think that's performative, I don't know what to tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, it's official: Trumps ego is so fragile and he's so desperate to portray himself as a winner that he is ordering his name to be put on the stimulus checks being mailed out, the first time its ever happened with an IRS disbursement.

Of course, in order to fulfill this ego trip for Trump, it's going to delay the delivery of checks to people by several days at least. But I'm sure people who desperately need the money are okay with waiting a few days just so that Trump can try to take credit for the checks.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Welp, it's official: Trumps ego is so fragile and he's so desperate to portray himself as a winner that he is ordering his name to be put on the stimulus checks being mailed out, the first time its ever happened with an IRS disbursement.

Of course, in order to fulfill this ego trip for Trump, it's going to delay the delivery of checks to people by several days at least. But I'm sure people who desperately need the money are okay with waiting a few days just so that Trump can try to take credit for the checks.
    Okay, class. Today's word is narcissism. It's spelled D O N A L D T R U M P

I bet that the order included that it had to be written with a golden sharpie.

It's really peculiar that you spend time arguing with literal strawmen. I guess you showed them but good though.
    And yet, YOU COULDN'T REFUTE ANYTHING BRECCIA SAID. Defend Trump harder, Trump-senpai might notice you eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    And yet, YOU COULDN'T REFUTE ANYTHING BRECCIA SAID. Defend Trump harder, Trump-senpai might notice you eventually.
    There's not really anything to refute, it's just a weird rant arguing with people that literally don't exist.