Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Like this has been bugging me i havent seen anyone mention it much, but the way trump talks about democrats and democratic states seems very similar to how he talks about other countries specifically ones in private he called "shithole countries" he considers new york, washington and california not his citizens, he feels no need at all to govern for them because they didnt vote for him. For example saying he needs to quarentine new yorkers because htey are "spreading the disease" sounds like something was saying about west africans during ebola which was just like oh trumps being racist thats his thing-but now hes speaking that way about american citizens. if they didnt vote for him, hes "other"ing people in blue states with the same tactics he uses for racism.

Maybe im being crazy and too PC but this is just how it feels to me when he speaks about new york and washington.
    well he had done that with that tax bill when they removed the exemption for state income tax, something that would hit blue states

at this point there is nothing that he is doing that should be unexpected
    the only surprising thing is the elected gop members that want to continue being career politicians or have careers after politics, that they are willing to go along with this when it will reduce them to pariahs when this is all said and done.

I wonder why Trump is suing over this ad. Does he not like people hearing what he said?

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I wonder why Trump is suing over this ad. Does he not like people hearing what he said?

Keep passing around and posting this as much as you possibly can.
    Wall of LOLs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Yeah I know. It'll take another 2 years + to knock Rozz and Flarelane down to size as Endus eventually was. Not worth the effort. My lack of posting here recently has been sort of 2-fold. One is because it's extremely boring watching the crazies come to the inevitable conclusion that they've failed. TDS seems to be an awfully persistent disease. Two is because I'm saving my infraction points to unleash unholy Hell when Trump wins re-election.

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Basically trump bailing himself out.
    The federal government’s planned $2 trillion economic rescue package includes financial aid for individuals and industries that are struggling to survive the coronavirus pandemic.

It also includes a potential bonanza for America’s richest real estate investors.

Senate Republicans inserted an easy-to-overlook provision on page 203 of the 880-page bill that would permit wealthy investors to use losses generated by real estate to minimize their taxes on profits from things like investments in the stock market. The estimated cost of the change over 10 years is $170 billion.

Under the existing tax code, when real estate investors generate losses from gradually writing down the value of their properties, a process known as depreciation, they can use some of those losses to offset other taxes. The result is that people can enjoy big tax breaks stemming from only-on-paper losses, even if they enjoy big cash profits in the real world.

But the use of those losses was limited by the 2017 tax-cut package. The losses could be used only to shelter the first $500,000 of a married couple’s nonbusiness income, such as capital gains from investments. Any leftover losses got rolled over to future years.

The new stimulus bill lifts that restriction for three years — this year, and two retroactive years — a boon for couples with more than $500,000 in annual capital gains or income from sources other than their business. That group comprises the top 1 percent of taxpayers, according to Internal Revenue Service data.

A draft congressional analysis this week found that the change is the second-biggest tax giveaway in the $2 trillion stimulus package. That cost analysis also includes the impact of some smaller technical changes to the law. Other industries, like oil and gas and commodities trading, also stand to benefit from the change.

“It’s a pretty big deal,” said Peter Buell, who runs tax services for the real estate practice of the accounting firm Marcum. A separate provision in the stimulus bill, which removes restrictions on losses that people can carry over from previous years, would make the tax break even more lucrative.

A spokesman for the Real Estate Roundtable, a lobbying group, played down the importance of the provision. He said that under the 2017 law, some real estate developers simply spread their losses over multiple years, potentially avoiding the $500,000 ceiling.

Among the possible beneficiaries of the change are real estate investors in President Trump’s inner circle.

In 2018, The New York Times reported that Jared Kushner, Mr. Trump’s son-in-law and adviser, likely didn’t pay federal income taxes for several years because of paper losses generated by depreciating his companies’ properties, despite his significant wealth and earnings from other sources, according to confidential financial documents.

Mr. Trump has also reported significant losses on his tax return. Portions of a 1995 tax return published by The Times showed nearly $916 million in losses, which could have permitted him to avoid paying any federal income taxes for almost two decades.

The 2017 law restricted both men’s abilities to reap tax savings through only-on-paper losses; now, with those limits likely to be lifted, Mr. Trump and Mr. Kushner, as well as other wealthy real estate developers, have the potential to score big tax savings.

The Senate unanimously approved the $2 trillion aid package late Wednesday night. The House is expected to vote on the measure on Friday to deal with the economic damage wrought by the coronavirus pandemic; it would be the largest fiscal stimulus package in modern American history. It would then be sent to Mr. Trump for his signature.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Keep passing around and posting this as much as you possibly can.
    You know I have seen this on Twitter with the "pass it on" message. Maybe its me the cynic but I wonder how much social media helps the Dems/Left? I know the herd of Trumpsters are addicted to Facebook and such, mainly FB. Maybe my perception but the bubble seems much more stronger on the conservative side and on social media the news or political ads just have more of influence.

It was sorta strange how Facebook was this young person's social media and then was taking over by moms and dads and old people. Now it seems to be an echo chamber fro right wing news.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Basically trump bailing himself out.
    Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer has secured a provision in the agreement that will prohibit businesses controlled by the President, Vice President, Members of Congress, and heads of Executive Departments from receiving loans or investments from Treasury programs. The children, spouses and in-laws of the aforementioned principals are also included in this prohibition

We wrote a provision, not just the president, but any major figure in government -- cabinet, Senate, congressmen -- if they have majority control [in a company], they can't get grants or loans and that makes sense. Those of us who write the law shouldn't benefit from the law..
    -- Chuck Schumer

Didn't Trump say he wasn't going to listen to that provision?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ersight-152560

And even if he doesn't use it to enrich himself (he will) what's to stop him from giving that bailout money to corporations who will turn around and donate large amounts of money to his 2020 campaign anyways?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Then I can sleep well tonigiht.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    He's trying to hide the decision-making process, yes, but giving his own companies the money is illegal. And the GOP signed off on it, too. Trump's going to have a hard time draining the swamp while directly taking taxpayer money and taking it for himself.

And even if he doesn't use it to enrich himself (he will) what's to stop him from giving that bailout money to corporations who will turn around and donate large amounts of money to his 2020 campaign anyways?
    Valid. And he's likely to aim the money at his friends anyhow. Which is why he's blocking oversight.

I'm not sure you read the post to which you were replying. It wasn't talking about bailout loans, it was talking about massive tax write-offs credit for real estate developers.

The Trump-can't-benefit clause doesn't affect that.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    You know I have seen this on Twitter with the "pass it on" message. Maybe its me the cynic but I wonder how much social media helps the Dems/Left? I know the herd of Trumpsters are addicted to Facebook and such, mainly FB. Maybe my perception but the bubble seems much more stronger on the conservative side and on social media the news or political ads just have more of influence.

It was sorta strange how Facebook was this young person's social media and then was taking over by moms and dads and old people. Now it seems to be an echo chamber fro right wing news.
    Pretty much.

Rubbing their nose in the giant shit they've left on the carpet.
    Wall of LOLs
    Yeah I know. It'll take another 2 years + to knock Rozz and Flarelane down to size as Endus eventually was. Not worth the effort. My lack of posting here recently has been sort of 2-fold. One is because it's extremely boring watching the crazies come to the inevitable conclusion that they've failed. TDS seems to be an awfully persistent disease. Two is because I'm saving my infraction points to unleash unholy Hell when Trump wins re-election.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ersight-152560

That's a lotta big words. Does Trump himself even know what 'aggrandizement' means?

Facebook is for old people at this point. At least in western cultures. All of the 60+ people I know still use it. Everyone between kid and middle aged does not. My teenage nieces spend most of their time on tik tok and instagram as far as I can tell. They have FB profiles but only because they were made to and they don't actually use them.

Quote Originally Posted by timberx View Post
    That's a lotta big words. Does Trump himself even know what 'aggrandizement' means?
    Maybe he has one of those "Word of the Day" calendars....and tried to use it in a sentence?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

Maybe he has one of those "Word of the Day" calendars....and tried to use it in a sentence?
    Or, like with most things, he didn't do the work himself.
    Wall of LOLs

you can't make this shit up
    Man can do what he wills but he cannot will what he wills.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The Trump-can't-benefit clause doesn't affect that.
    Hmm, true. But the tax loophole being created for the top 1% only applies if your capital gains were capped -- which Trump probably didn't do. I certainly don't remember him making any big sales. And while Kushner got a massive bailout from his Middle East friends, they didn't buy the building or anything. So barring time travel, I don't know how much this actually helps Team Trump anyhow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Yes, Trump is using the address in which he explained how the federal government was handling a lethal emergency to brag about his ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    This person is a narcasistic, sociopath. Again I can't believe any President saying this crap would retain any type of approval.

A little more than 40% are part of the cult. Just have to wish the other 10% who will decide the election are somewhat rational.

This is what you are to him, Americans.

An audience.

Not his constituents. Not the people who hired him. Not even humans.

You're boxes in a spreadsheet of his Neilsen ratings.
    https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/st...482410498?s=19

Good tweet by Rick Wilson. Yet as stated, I hope we have enough voters who get this.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-03-29 at 07:26 PM.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Fauci himself says the coronavirus could kill 100,000 Americans, making Trump's earlier comments about the flu and Biden (yes, lying comments are still comments) completely neutered.

Sorry, but if Team Trump wants to attack Biden for the 2009 outbreak and claim it's Biden's fault, then they get to own these number and accept that they're their fault. Anything else would be hypocrisy.

100,000 haven't died yet, of course, it's 2381 at time of writing. The H1N1 outbreak of 2009, or to put it in Trump's terms "TEXAS FLU TEXAS FLU TEXAS FLU", killed 12,469 people. The second the coronavirus kills more Americans than that, expect to see a massive goalpost moving by the rabid fanbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh right, I forgot to mention, Graham was on FOX News where he decried Pelosi's statement that Trump's delay was dangerous.

She's blaming the president of the United States for people dying because of the way he's led the country, That's the most shameful, disgusting statement by any politician in modern history
    Now I want every Trump supporter to think about this one. Trump personally attacked Biden with a tweet, blaming Biden for the H1N1 deaths. I won't link it because I don't have to, y'all already read it. So which is it? Is attacking someone in charge, when death happen because of their presumed failures, fair game or not? Because either you have to condemn Trump for attacking Biden, or, you have to admit Pelosi's statement was fair game.

Pick one, Neither trait is redeeming.

Fauci himself says the coronavirus could kill 100,000 Americans, making Trump's earlier comments about the flu and Biden (yes, lying comments are still comments) completely neutered.

Sorry, but if Team Trump wants to attack Biden for the 2009 outbreak and claim it's Biden's fault, then they get to own these number and accept that they're their fault. Anything else would be hypocrisy.

100,000 haven't died yet, of course, it's 2381 at time of writing. The H1N1 outbreak of 2009, or to put it in Trump's terms "TEXAS FLU TEXAS FLU TEXAS FLU", killed 12,469 people. The second the coronavirus kills more Americans than that, expect to see a massive goalpost moving by the rabid fanbase.
    when has hypocrisy ever stopped republicans? or their cult?