1. #40501
    I am Murloc! unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Normal politicians say what they mean, you can write down what they said and someone else can read it later and get what the politician meant.

    Why would it be necessary to watch Trump and interpret what he meant? Is he too stupid to say what he means? Nobody should have to interpret tone and facial cues to get what the president of the united states says. If you are deaf or blind that's it then, no more info from your president?
    How many of his lies must we digest before we are allowed to be critical?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Best to ignore and move on, person ain't worth the time of day. We all know if someone else did it it would have been the worst crime on earth.

    Back on topic, seems donny dumbo is purposely holding back support for states he doesn't need in the election. Guess it was only a matter of time till the racists in the US went further on their actions to simply try to prevent coloured people from voting but to actually wish death on fellow Americans.

    Do wonder when America will have enough, plenty of intelligent folk over there. Can't imagine this kind of misconduct by the GOP will be tolerated for decades to come.
    I mean we already know that the reason the far right is so violent and aggressive is that this is their final moments before they get knocked back down to where cesspool they crawled out off, as the demographic is changing so much that dacien kids or grand kids will probably end up speaking english and spanish and marrying a coloured person.
    There’s enough noise from people here in the swamp of Florida to make it seem like this still isn’t enough.
    Wall of LOLs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Yeah I know. It'll take another 2 years + to knock Rozz and Flarelane down to size as Endus eventually was. Not worth the effort. My lack of posting here recently has been sort of 2-fold. One is because it's extremely boring watching the crazies come to the inevitable conclusion that they've failed. TDS seems to be an awfully persistent disease. Two is because I'm saving my infraction points to unleash unholy Hell when Trump wins re-election.

  2. #40502
    Pit Lord Kontinuum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Heart of the Fortress
    Posts
    2,401
    US President Donald Trump has said he is considering imposing a quarantine on New York in a bid to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

    "We'd like to see [it] quarantined because it's a hotspot," he told reporters. "I'm thinking about that."

    He spoke as confirmed cases in the state increased to more than 52,000, with at least 728 deaths.

    But the state's governor, Andrew Cuomo, said he had not discussed such measures with the president.

    "I didn't speak to him about any quarantine," he told reporters shortly after he held a call with Mr Trump.

    "I haven't had those conversations," he added. "I don't even know what that means."
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52079121
    Man can do what he wills but he cannot will what he wills.

  3. #40503
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    17,133
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    How many of his lies must we digest before we are allowed to be critical?

    - - - Updated - - -



    There’s enough noise from people here in the swamp of Florida to make it seem like this still isn’t enough.
    When the churches become morgues as they did in Italy, the illusion that this is a conspiracy from the "left" will end abruptly. Maybe then, personal tragedy is often needed sadly.

  4. #40504
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Trump wanted personal signature on economic relief checks

    I don't know that that makes sense, since I thought I heard that these were advances on 2020 tax credits. It's tough to pin down some of the details, but it makes no sense at all for Trump to sign these checks. It really is a Trump brand President. Deluxe edition 2.0 now with stimulus checks! And a new hat!
    Because that would be the best use of a presidents time. Especially during a pandemic, no less.

    But, lol! Man, so funny! What a hoot! This is hilarious! Hahahaha!

  5. #40505
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    17,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    He can do whatever he wants now, grandpa dumbo is a month to late to impose a quarantine the virus is everywhere in the US already.
    Good way to waste resources paid by the taxpayer on nothing what seems to be a talent of the GOP.

  6. #40506
    Warchief
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You know exactly why he wants his signature on each check.
    He wants his signature on those checks for the same reasons he wants Governors to be vocally 'grateful' to receive aid: It's all about his reelection bid and putting his name on whatever it is that's being fixed to associate him with it.

  7. #40507
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    13,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    It's just weird to watch people suddenly lose all sense of inflection or tone. I can watch Trump say something in a roundabout way, maybe not the most clearly, but with tone and facial cues I can follow what he's saying. Like anybody else. But some people out there just stare around dumbfounded, completely flummoxed, completely perplexed, can't make out these alien sounds coming from Trump's mouth! What is he saying? Will the madness ever end!?
    Except you have "what he meant was" numerous times to have Trump double down on the original statement, or even come right out and say "no that's not what I meant."

    You just don't get it that you are wrong. Trump isn't funny, he's an empty horrible human. And if you find that funny maybe you should spend some time reflecting about what that means about you.

  8. #40508
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    25,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Except you have "what he meant was" numerous times to have Trump double down on the original statement
    You rang?

    You can call it a germ, you can call it a flu, you can call it a virus, you know you can call it many different names. I'm not sure anybody even knows what it is.
    A Trump quote. And it's factually false.

    We sent thousands of ventilators to New York and they didn't know about it at the time, they were complaining. Thousands. We had 2,000 and then 2,000 and then 4,000, and they were going there in large numbers.
    A Trump quote. And it's factually false. NYState did know the ventilators arrived, they just needed more than was sent. There is a difference between "you didn't pay me" and "you only paid me half".

    China pays 25% interest on $250 billion worth of product that they send in.
    A Trump quote about tariffs that is still factually false. Also, "interest"?

    And everyone's favorite:

    Frankly, I think that would be a good place to build the ventilators, but we'll see
    which was referring to this place:

    GM will be selling their beautiful Lordstown Plant to Workhorse, where they plan to build Electric Trucks
    That last line was a tweet from May 2019. Everything else was from literally yesterday.

    No-one is above the law.

  9. #40509
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Y'all trip out on the wierdest stuff. I never would have guessed in a million years this would be the gripe. He meant "don't call because you won't get anywhere", not "don't call because we don't want to help them". The entire thing was said in a real light-hearted way too.
    Here's an article with a clip to where he says not to call these people and no it wasn't said in a light-hearted way at all, in fact it looks like he's angry when he says it. You're just lying, as usual, because you're a shameless Trump turd slurper who will excuse everything he says.

    https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus...ashington.html

  10. #40510
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    19,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I'm curious...do you ever once have a part of your brain wake up and say "maybe if I keep having to explain what Trump actually meant I might be wrong..." or is your devotion entirely mindless and you never once feel any hesitation about having to rewrite what he says to make it "not so bad"?
    Short answer: No, he won't ever realize.

  11. #40511
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    25,704
    This Axios summary details the situation so far.

    Here's the quickest possible review of the story so far — how it happened and how the U.S. lost control.


    No-one is above the law.

  12. #40512
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    19,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    He's a little late, researchers are already in the process of planning where the next large hotspots will be.

  13. #40513
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yep. For those who do not think much ahead. If they are offered their old job back before then, the smart ones will take the job.

    Meanwhile, for those interested, Trump's overall approval rating just hit a all time high since he has been President. The average of 10 polling sources from RealClearPolitics now have him at a average of 47.1%.

    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html
    It's called the rally around the flag effect, which is a short term boost in the president's approval rating during a major event. Its folks supporting America and the WH than supporting who is sitting the WH and it doesn't necessarily translate into votes.

    For example Bush had a +35% approval rating after 9/11, Obama gained +7% after his administration killed Osama Bin Laden, and +5 after his response to Sandy Hook shootings. All of which saw the spike in approval disappear shortly after the event.

    What remains to be seen is does it hold out or does history repeat itself and it evaporates by the end of summer.

  14. #40514
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No. It means, if you have insurance, things cost less because of deals made in the industry. How much you personally pay is based on your exact plan, including your deductible.
    So you're telling me if someone is insured via the government hospitals are able to treat a dude for $7533 but uninsured it suddenly costs ten times as much? There must be an actual cost to the treatment, which should be the same no matter the financial status of the patient. So hospitals either rip of uninsured or make heavy losses for insured.

  15. #40515
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    25,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So you're telling me if someone is insured via the government hospitals are able to treat a dude for $7533 but uninsured it suddenly costs ten times as much?
    Twice as much, but, yes.

    You can read more about it here.

    I am not defending this system. I defended the ACA, and as such, I don't have to defend what's left when it's damaged.

    No-one is above the law.

  16. #40516
    Scarab Lord Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Twice as much, but, yes.

    You can read more about it here.

    I am not defending this system. I defended the ACA, and as such, I don't have to defend what's left when it's damaged.
    Some hospitals, if you call and say you're uninsured and will have trouble paying the amount, the price can be "negotiated" down. Negotiating went with one set of interactions each, roughly "Hey fuckers, I'm poor, I can't pay 8K for 4 hours in the ER, 3 bags of Saline, one urine sample, some bloodwork and a script for Percocet." from me and the hospital in Raleigh, NC replying with "If you pay 1200 by 3 weeks from now, we cool Poopy." This was 2013.

    Edit: Added year 2013.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  17. #40517
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    S

    Business Insider ran the numbers: if you get hospitalized due to the coronavirus, and you don't have insurance, it could cost you $73,000.



    Something worth throwing in: Trump took credit for removing part of the ACA, specifically, letting people get non-ACA plans that were cheaper -- because they didn't cover as much. For example, they could have $10,000 deductibles, or remove the maximum yearly out-of-pocket. Anyone with one of these new plans and who goes to the hospital is going to find out whether their savings was enough, or if they'll have insurance and still go bankrupt because of medical bills.

    As it so happens, some states made these non-ACA plans illegal. New York, for example. Redder states, eh, not so much.


    Crazy. imagine that poor people without insurance having to subsidize those whom do.

    The crazy part is how its always the middle and rich classes crying they have to subsidize the poor's healthcare....


    Also fact check, most major insurance companies are waving all patient cost sharing (deductible/copay/coinsurance) if they test positive.

    So your chart is now outdated.

    A lot of People with insurance will effetely have zero cost.
    Aetna started the ball rolling the others will soon follow suit. The others already have zero cost for testing and doctors visits.


    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cvs-a...142738653.html

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So you're telling me if someone is insured via the government hospitals are able to treat a dude for $7533 but uninsured it suddenly costs ten times as much? There must be an actual cost to the treatment, which should be the same no matter the financial status of the patient. So hospitals either rip of uninsured or make heavy losses for insured.
    The cost are exactly the same the chart is mis-leading.


    They both will be charged 7533. So the effective "cost" is the same regardless of your source of payment/coverage.

    Insurance negotiates that rate way down.

    Uninsured can also negotiate that rate down but like any other business because of volume they get a much larger discount.

    Unfortunatly its no different than buying a car. Customer 1 & 2 could end up paying wildly different for the same exact car depending on their ability to negotiate.
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

  18. #40518
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    25,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    A lot of People with insurance will effetely have zero cost.
    Obviously, that's reassuring for people like myself with insurance (such as people with job benefits, like myself). I worry about gig workers or, as recently raised by another poster, the people who are fraudulently employed while collecting unemployment. There's no way such a job gives benefits.

    No-one is above the law.

  19. #40519
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Obviously, that's reassuring for people like myself with insurance (such as people with job benefits, like myself). I worry about gig workers or, as recently raised by another poster, the people who are fraudulently employed while collecting unemployment. There's no way such a job gives benefits.


    Yup they are screwed because Trump is not going to make CMS drop cost sharing for ACA plans because he does not want to make ACA look good.


    Medicaid already does not have cost sharing in most of their plans at least once you lose your job you can get Medicaid before you get sick, I hope.....I wonder if the extra 600 dollars unemployment will count towards Medicaid caps...hmmm



    A lot of Gig employees qualify for subsidized ACA and Medicaid, the problem is most of them don't realize they do. They could get insurance at very low cost, almost free and free.

    they do not understand those systems go off income - business expenses (schedule c)

    so if an Uber driver makes 20,000 but drives 30,000 miles they get a 17,400 tax write off just on millage alone. This is before you even calculate in the standard deductions and other write offs.

    These drivers also do not understand what mileage they can write off...its almost every single mile they drive even if they don't have passengers.

    https://therideshareguy.com/what-to-...uber-and-lyft/


    Their effective income is ZERO. They then qualify for Medicaid, Food Stamps, etc etc.


    I've done a lot of education in my volunteer time and done a lot of gig folks taxes for free as part of our church services. its crazy how much in benefits they miss because no one educates them.


    did the same thing for a friends "kid" who delivers newspapers and "clears" 2000 a paycheck. He paid 4k-6k in taxes the last 4 years and penalties since he was supposed to file and make quarterly payments. I did his taxes and he had an effective tax rate of 0 because he was doing over 50k miles a year + Kid + other write offs like interest on car loan, car taxes, etc etc.

    We also amended a lot of his past tax returns so he is getting a shit ton of money back from the IRS now, but its basically going to go to pay off his car that is almost dead after 3 years on a 5 year loan.


    That's the problem with gig economy, most of the people doing it are not educated in running a business. They don't act like business men they still act like employees.
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

  20. #40520
    Split the country between blue states and red states. I'm sick of this country being held hostage by an outdated system that gives disproportionate power to states with more cows than people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •