10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    56,803 deaths. 1,384 on the 28th, so more than yesterday.
    Similar results from the JH site.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    we're at 54,876.
    56,259 is the current number. That's +1383. As you pointed out, still looking at 60k this week and even if we hit the inflection point due to this downgrade that's 110,000 or more by the end. Oh, and that inflection point and states opening back up might not agree with each other.

Similar results from the JH site.
    Oh, I think I also found out why the numbers at JH differ. I think they're going by the state reports whereas mine collates data from the county level where available, and state reports tend to lag behind county numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can the Trump Presidency survive a Bacon Shortage? Asking for a friend.

Groceries could see meat shortages by end of week amid plant closings
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Further extends what Tyson said. I made a run to the grocery store just to be on the safe side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    People who break isolation recommendations should be denied medical treatment if they do get sick with this virus.
    Not necessarily agreeing, but this would follow the same logic as organ donation... because of triage. You are not going to give a ventilator to someone who was protesting, when you can give it to someone who got it grocery shopping. Just like an alcoholic, isn’t going to get a liver transplant.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    People who break isolation recommendations should be denied medical treatment if they do get sick with this virus.
    That's not the problem. The problem is people who break isolation recommendations then infect others.

Wondering about the origins of Diamond and Silk? A couple years ago we went down to semi-rural North Carolina to look. Their parents were televangelists who hocked colon cleansers, fat binders and wreaths that allegedly ward off witchcraft. https://t.co/7ONVDo6xaJ
    https://twitter.com/MrDanZak/status/...818681344?s=19

Yes diamond and silk were fired from Fox News for spreading for spreading fake conspiracy theories about coronavirus.

More importantly this is who Trump and his minions who you follow are. They are hustlers and con men. Not surprised at all their back story of 2 bit hustlers and how they know Trumpkins are an easy mark.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Well I mean, if I was the supreme leader of the world I'd just have all the protesters shot, but I have to tone it down a bit you know.
    Editing this.

But yeah, they are a bunch of Nurgle cultist, those bastards.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-04-28 at 05:26 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Not digging the bloodlust... it’s why I didn’t agree with it above... this is where it leads.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And we have our first confirmed case of someone drinking cleaning products following Trump's "sarcastic non-suggestion."
    And it's already been topped. Literally six hours later.

So there was a guy named Joe Joyce. Was. Joe Joyce went on a cruise, caught coronavirus, and died.

His daughter says Joe went on the cruise because Joe watched Hannity, and Hannity said it was okay.

So she told the NYTimes and the NYTimes printed what she said.

Naturally, Hannity is demanding a retraction.

"Oh, he's saying he never claimed the coronavirus was under control?"

Well, a little bit, yes. But he's also trying to blame Pelosi and Cumo, because at some point, they also said some things that understated the coronavirus.

"...like what?"

Well like 2-3 things each from late Jan, early Feb. The cruise started March 1. Tones had dramatically shifted by then.

"Do any of them stand out?"

The facts do not merit the level of anxiety that we are seeing…The number will increase because it is math. The more people you test, the more positives you are going to find. I’m a little perturbed about the daily angst when the number comes out and the number is higher. Perturbed meaning, I'm perturbed that people get anxious every time the number goes up. The number has to go up if you continue to test.
    -- Cuomo, March 5

"He quoted that...as understatement?"

Oh, it's worse. Hannity is trying to claim Joe's daughter cited a March 9 segment of his, and the cruise started March 1. Granted, if that was the only time Hannity downplayed the virus, he might have a point there. That's not true. But after Hannity says this, he then goes on and quotes Cuomo from March 5.

It is not possible to be a Trump supporter, without being a hypocrite. This isn't the angle I usually see, but it checks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Not digging the bloodlust... it’s why I didn’t agree with it above... this is where it leads.
    You have a point. Incarerate them on terrorism charges then?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    So we've talked about Trump delaying the coronavirus relief checks so his name can be put on the memo line, because his ego was more important than helping American taxpayers. And boy, did we have a laugh about electronic transfers. Ah, good times...good times...

Anyhow, Trump had a signed letter sent to everyone. Because he's that needy.

What a fucking snowflake.

So we've talked about Trump delaying the coronavirus relief checks so his name can be put on the memo line, because his ego was more important than helping American taxpayers. And boy, did we have a laugh about electronic transfers. Ah, good times...good times...

Yeah, I got that letter yesterday. Felt like I was reading a campaign leaflet. The only thing it was missing was "TRUMP 2020"

10+ Year Old Account

If I were a Congressional Democrat I'd be asking how much that ego stroking for Trump cost and who footed the bill.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    If I were a Congressional Democrat I'd be asking how much that ego stroking for Trump cost and who footed the bill.
    "You have time, energy and money to do that but you don't have it to help out our law enforcement, fire fighters and doctors?!" Something like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    "You have time, energy and money to do that but you don't have it to help out our law enforcement, fire fighters and doctors?!" Something like that.
    Well, that and probably something about campaign contributions that are a bit fishy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Nothing like wasting a bunch of money to let people know about their money just so Trump can get his name out there. The "balance the budget" president, everyone.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

He still doesn't understand who pays tariffs (more probable doesn't care to know).

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    He still doesn't understand who pays tariffs (more probable doesn't care to know).
    Even without the tariffs, the budget deficit was skyrocketing even before the Coronavirus pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Even without the tariffs, the budget deficit was skyrocketing even before the Coronavirus pandemic.
    Thanks to those tax cuts that totally paid for itself!

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866