Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s actually fair... most people don’t know that bleach and ammonia are combined to make mustard gas.
    What?

/10char
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s actually fair... most people don’t know that bleach and ammonia are combined to make mustard gas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    What?
    Yeah, that was NaClear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    What?

/10char
    Sorry, Chlorine gas:

https://mxiinc.com/4-ammonia-bleach-...operly-handle/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually, you get a mixture of chloramine and hydrazine, both very dangerous.

https://www.scienceabc.com/pure-scie...d-ammonia.html

Bleach naturally produces chlorine gas on its own by breaking down - you don't need ammonia to do that. That's why small amounts of bleach smell like a swimming pool - because you're smelling chlorine.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2020-05-14 at 02:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Actually, you get a mixture of chloramine and hydrazine, both very dangerous.

https://www.scienceabc.com/pure-scie...d-ammonia.html
    Yeah, I’m going with Mandela effect on the mustard gas. I could have sworn there was even a King of the Hill episode about it. But, it looks like it’s a common misconception. Still harmful, but not mustard gas.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah, that was NaClear.
    Get out. No. Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yeah, that was NaClear.
    Get out. No. Seriously.

(I couldn't resist)

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    In the ongoing effort to show how effective Trump's Middle East peace plan is, the Taliban fucking blow up a funeral and a maternity ward, killing 16 women and two babies in the second incident.

These are the people Trump invited to picnic on the White House lawn. These are the people Trump negotiated with, instead of the Afghani government.

In the ongoing effort to show how effective Trump's Middle East peace plan is, the Taliban fucking blow up a funeral and a maternity ward, killing 16 women and two babies in the second incident.

These are the people Trump invited to picnic on the White House lawn. These are the people Trump negotiated with, instead of the Afghani government.
    Hmm...it's not conclusive that it was the Taliban who did it. It wouldn't surprise me in the least, of course, but they seem to be denying it. I'll keep watching this.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Hmm...it's not conclusive that it was the Taliban who did it. It wouldn't surprise me in the least, of course, but they seem to be denying it. I'll keep watching this.
    suspect it was ISIS. then again pashtun fighters love targeting Hazaras as well. Most attacks in the past in that area were ISIS tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    suspect it was ISIS. then again pashtun fighters love targeting Hazaras as well. Most attacks in the past in that area were ISIS tho
    Nope, not ISIS. Trump said ISIS was defeated. Sixteen times.

- - - Updated - - -

FBI executes search warrant on Burr related to coronavirus stock dumping.

To obtain a search warrant, federal agents and prosecutors must persuade a judge they have probable cause to believe a crime has been committed. The law enforcement official said the Justice Department is examining Burr’s communications with his broker.
    If he's guilty, I hope they find everything. Leave him $5 for socks.

- - - Updated - - -

So Fauci was testifying yesterday and said this:

For example, right now children presenting with COVID-19 who actually have a very strange inflammatory syndrome very similar to Kawasaki syndrome. I think we better be careful if we are not cavalier in thinking that children are completely immune to the deleterious effects
    Fauci was echoing what Cuomo said was in 15 states. We've seen it in China and Italy as well.

Which is why he urged caution opening schools and, well, Trump disagreed.

They should open the schools, absolutely, I think they should. And it's had very little impact on young people
    Yes, Trump knew about Fauci's statements. He commented on that specifically and directly. This is willful ignorance.

I do have a question, of course. Let's say children are 100% unaffected. Cool. Neat. Are the teachers? Are the parents? We're talking about people who have gotten into packed crowds to protest they've been told packed crowds could kill them. You think their children will be better behaved?

- - - Updated - - -

So maybe you saw an OP ED written by a retired judge, criticizing the DoJ for dropping the charges against Flynn. This OP ED mirrors comments from other notable names involved with Watergate.

I hope you did, because he's on the case now. The judge in Flynn's cast called Retired Judge John Gleeson (the author in question) to make the case instead of the prosecution.

In other words, the judge in the Flynn case also thinks this is fishy as hell. He might cite Flynn for perjury, specifically, perjury for saying "I am innocent" after pleading guilty.

And now I ask @cubby to explain "amicus curiae" and how rare/important it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    So are Kemp and DeSantis just not having their states report the actual number of positive tested people so the numbers look good for Trump?

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/coron...mpression=true

I cannot possibly believe that the numbers dropped so drastically right in the 14-21 day span before they both decided to open up parts of their states.

Especially with so many other regions still having their numbers climb.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So are Kemp and DeSantis just not having their states report the actual number of positive tested people so the numbers look good for Trump?

I cannot possibly believe that the numbers dropped so drastically right in the 14-21 day span before they both decided to open up parts of their states.

That would be the effective political thing to do. Right now, republicans are making a national case that opening up the country is the right national policy. So, on a nationwide basis, republicans are working to reduce the number of virus cases and deaths that are reported.

https://news.yahoo.com/team-trump-pu...075330242.html

Team Trump Pushes CDC to Revise Down Its COVID Death Counts

Excerpt:

President Donald Trump and members of his coronavirus task force are pushing officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to change how the agency works with states to count coronavirus-related deaths. And they’re pushing for revisions that could lead to far fewer deaths being counted than originally reported, according to five administration officials working on the government’s response to the pandemic.
    It would make sense for republican governors to support their President by finding way to minimize the number of reported virus cases and deaths. This is definitely a national effort, and some governors seem to be way ahead of the President.

Here is an excerpt from a different article:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavir...153633256.html

Title: Coronavirus Cases in Georgia, Florida Continue to Decline Despite Business Openings

The headline is exactly what the governors of Florida and Georgia have been pushing for.

Excerpt:

Florida governor Ron Desantis has stated that fears of an impending disaster in his state were overblown.

“There’s been a lot that’s been done to try to promote fear, to promote worst-case scenarios, to drive hysteria,” DeSantis said in late April. “People should know that worst-case scenario thinking — that has not proven to be true [in Florida].”
    The governors of Georgia and Florida have staked their reputations and political careers on low reported virus case and death numbers. Since they have a a large part in how the numbers are counted, it makes sense that they would choose methods that would make themselves look good. And both governors seemed to have done an awesome job of changing methodology in how cases and deaths are counted to maximize the media impact they would get. The headline basically says: Georgia and Florida opened up, and thanks to the wise leadership of their governors they were able to both open up and successfully fight the virus at the same time.

This is their moment in the sun. They definitely made the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The. Cruelty. Is. The. Point.

https://time.com/5836504/usda-snap-appeal-rule-change/

During a global pandemic, with unemployment skyrocketing and people already lining up at food banks to get help, the Trump administration is still trying to kick more people off of SNAP benefits.

I guess they can multitask, at least if it's to try to hurt poor people even more.
    You know what. I think it will be more merciful if Thanos arrived, snapped all the poor and unemployed and whisked away again.
    Then we will see how fast the glorious economy will recover for all the rich people who now no longer have any workers.

But in all honesty, I think that the Department of Agriculture (and the Trump administration as a whole) has no awareness at all of what is happening

84,000 deaths

could you imagine if that happened under a democrat

and somehow trumps approval is steady and hes on path to win re election

our country is no longer a superpower...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    You know what. I think it will be more merciful if Thanos arrived, snapped all the poor and unemployed and whisked away again.
    Then we will see how fast the glorious economy will recover for all the rich people who now no longer have any workers.

But in all honesty, I think that the Department of Agriculture (and the Trump administration as a whole) has no awareness at all of what is happening
    the sad thing is most white working class people will still vote for trump in november, gotta "trigger thees jay double yous" again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post

It's almost as if I predicted this pages and pages ago.

Nope, not ISIS. Trump said ISIS was defeated. Sixteen times.

- - - Updated - - -

FBI executes search warrant on Burr related to coronavirus stock dumping.

If he's guilty, I hope they find everything. Leave him $5 for socks.

- - - Updated - - -

So Fauci was testifying yesterday and said this:

Fauci was echoing what Cuomo said was in 15 states. We've seen it in China and Italy as well.

Which is why he urged caution opening schools and, well, Trump disagreed.

Yes, Trump knew about Fauci's statements. He commented on that specifically and directly. This is willful ignorance.

I do have a question, of course. Let's say children are 100% unaffected. Cool. Neat. Are the teachers? Are the parents? We're talking about people who have gotten into packed crowds to protest they've been told packed crowds could kill them. You think their children will be better behaved?

- - - Updated - - -

So maybe you saw an OP ED written by a retired judge, criticizing the DoJ for dropping the charges against Flynn. This OP ED mirrors comments from other notable names involved with Watergate.

I hope you did, because he's on the case now. The judge in Flynn's cast called Retired Judge John Gleeson (the author in question) to make the case instead of the prosecution.

In other words, the judge in the Flynn case also thinks this is fishy as hell. He might cite Flynn for perjury, specifically, perjury for saying "I am innocent" after pleading guilty.

And now I ask @cubby to explain "amicus curiae" and how rare/important it is.
    Now i completely understand your point with the teachers. Some are very much in that over 50 where things start to get worse if you catch it. But to look at children having only had just under 200 cases of this last i checked and 4 deaths. The kids getting sick at this % im sorry to the families but we cant cure death before we send them back. And yes i have kids. If parents are scared they have the option to home school.

This is how i have felt about a lot of this. The more we learn the better. Now i no longer think herd immunity is an option. People are to scared now, but with the knowledge we now have this virus is no more deadly than the flu for people under the age of 60. Us under 60 need to protect the elderly and get back to carrying this economy for a while. People have never lost the freedom to stay home and people can still make that choice. People die everyday from complications with other things and this virus is no different. But statistically it way worse than the flu for the elderly but not much worse for the working population.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's almost as if I predicted this pages and pages ago.
    We are still learning. This virus may be like the flu and go more dormant in the warmer months. Not go away but be more like the flu where cases drop dramatically in warmer areas. It will be interesting to see as the southern hemisphere goes into winter months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    84,000 deaths

could you imagine if that happened under a democrat

and somehow trumps approval is steady and hes on path to win re election

our country is no longer a superpower...

- - - Updated - - -

the sad thing is most white working class people will still vote for trump in november, gotta "trigger thees jay double yous" again.
    It depends on how you look at it. Looking strictly of statistical data this virus is deadly to people over the age of 60. Its bad. Under 60 its not much different than the flu. His push to get back to normal is why his ratings are not dropping. A lot of us are ready to return to semi normal. Why cant we do the opposite of what we do with alcohol and cigs. Over 60 you will not be served. This would allow us to return semi to normal. Now i know the crys. I live with mom or dad or grandma. Then you have been informed of the risks and you can make the decision to stay home. We cannot continue to carry on like this when it is so severely hurting the working class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    This virus may be like the flu and go more dormant in the warmer months.
    Don’t listen to Trump, he doesn’t know that January and February is still Summer in Southern Hemisphere. Australia didn’t have covid go dormant. Their cases are dropping as the weather gets colder, because of measures they took.

Don’t listen to Trump, he doesn’t know that January and February is still Summer in Southern Hemisphere. Australia didn’t have covid go dormant. Their cases are dropping as the weather gets colder, because of measures they took.
    Ummm... All I said was it will be interesting to see. Why the instant attack? We dont have all the data on the virus yet. So you are 100% sure its not going to be effected by the weather? We have no data yet. The instant hate because Trump said it does not change the fact that we dont have that data yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add. Flu numbers have gone down every where as well due to the measures taken. It does not change the fact that the flu is more active in winter months.

10+ Year Old Account
    We cannot continue to carry on like this when it is so severely hurting the working class.
    Sounds like Trump shouldn’t have given corporations a 15% tax cut, while removing deductibles. If Trump did his job as president, this decision wouldn’t need to be made. How much more does he need to misinform and lie to you, before you realize that Trump does it because he knows can get away with it? How stupid do you think Trump thinks his support is, when he tells you it will go away with warmer weather, when countries where the weather is hot, are still getting hit by it? Do you think scientist need to look into sending lights into your body or research injecting disinfectant? But, you are totally cool trusting him, in risking the lives of your family and lives of other working class? When one person in WH gets it, they all start wearing masks, when SCOTUS over ruled stay at home orders, they did it from home.

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm... All I said was it will be interesting to see. Why the instant attack? We dont have all the data on the virus yet. So you are 100% sure its not going to be effected by the weather? We have no data yet. The instant hate because Trump said it does not change the fact that we dont have that data yet.
    I’m sorry, could you explain how pointing out that southern hemisphere is 6 months behind in their seasons, is an attack? We know it’s reaction to weather, because it’s happening in Australia. Pointing out that Trump doesn’t know what he is talking about, is hate? I will repeat again... January and February are summer in Australia. Their numbers started dropping, as they enacted measures, which is coinciding with weather getting colder.

Just to add. Flu numbers have gone down every where as well due to the measures taken. It does not change the fact that the flu is more active in winter months.
    That’s great... too bad this isn’t the flu. Otherwise, we would have a vaccine...

Edit: The contrast of me explaining to someone yesterday, that was making the same comment sarcastically, is... interesting. The gap is so wide, that one side considers it a joke, while the other is considering it an insult.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-14 at 12:13 PM.